Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• Same for me, I did a fresh install and ES is stuck in a boot loop right after controller setup.

What box are you using ?

can you SSH to the box and do :

Code
    dmesg | paste
    cat /storage/.emulationstation/es_log.txt | paste
    systemctl status emustation | paste
    journalctl -r | paste

and send me the links

• What box are you using ?

can you SSH to the box and do :

Code
    dmesg | paste
    cat /storage/.emulationstation/es_log.txt | paste
    systemctl status emustation | paste
    journalctl -r | paste

and send me the links

i would ssh to the box, but don’t know the ip Adress... but nevertheless, i installed a extNFS Filesystem Tool from Paragon on my MAC and could now read/write the ext Partition of the SD Card and put a rom in NES Folder and bootet the card in my 905x 2GB new and than everything worked fine.

• i would ssh to the box, but don’t know the ip Adress... but nevertheless, i installed a extNFS Filesystem Tool from Paragon on my MAC and could now read/write the ext Partition of the SD Card and put a rom in NES Folder and bootet the card in my 905x 2GB new and than everything worked fine.

so the problem is only when there are no roms installed?

• an updated version has been uploaded, only minor fixes where updated so if you already added ROMS to ES and you have it working no need to download it again :)

• an updated version has been uploaded, only minor fixes where updated so if you already added ROMS to ES and you have it working no need to download it again :)

Thanks for this Niabi. Problem solved :thumbup:

I now have something weird regarding kodi.

I know kodi is not your focus but I'm wondering why audio passthrough is not available in your build and is ok in kszaq's one.

In audio devices in your build there are two choices : ALSA PCM and PULSE AUDIO.

In kszaq's build there are three choices : ALSA PCM, ALSA HDMI and PULSE AUDIO.

I have no options at all under audio passthrough (I'm in expert mode and sync to playback is disabled).

Do you know in which aspect you build is different from kszaq regarding kodi and audio ?

I'm frustrated as I really want to enjoy all your new features about emulation but can't get multi-channel audio with kodi.

Thank you for your help ;)

• I know exactly why this is happening, advamame was having problems when hdmi sound was enabled so I had to disable it, I will try to find out why it's not working and hopefully push a fix.

in the meantime, you could try this, (but I am not 100% sure it will work)

edit /storage/.config/http://asound.conf/asound.conf and add the contents of this file

Sx05RE/AML-M8AUDIO.conf at f625549e8df5b44a15f7040785a24f8740d8f85e · shantigilbert/Sx05RE · GitHub

save and reboot the box.

Edited once, last by niabi (March 20, 2018 at 10:03 PM).

• Frisk, I just uploaded a fixed version (same link, just redownload)for the audio pass through, it works on my device but I don't have anything to test it, let me know if it works :)

• The gamepad key doesn't work if I start to play snes games, but psp game works well.

Gamepad works well on the emulation station main screen.

Input option can not change in the retroarch

When i plug out a gamepad, snes gmae screen mark on the screen "Device disconnected from port #0"

When i plug in a gamepad, snes gmae screen mark on the screen "sony Blavla~ wireless controller configure in port #0"

What should I do?

tvbox : MXQ Pro+ (s905x 2GB 16GB)

gamepad : PS4 Controller usb connect

sx05re : 1.8.5 Latest

:) Thank you!!!

• Do you have another game pad you can test? Maybe it's not in the autoconfig database and you need to configure it manually in retroarch, but you need a keyboard or another gamepad to do this unfortunately :(

Edited 2 times, last by niabi (March 21, 2018 at 5:09 PM).

• I too have a similar experience since going to v1.8.x - using a PS4 pad wirelessly works in ES or Kodi fine yet when loading an emulator it shows Retroarch is connected to wireless on on port 0 yet then no response to move/start/exit game.

It did work seamlessly in 1.65 yet I have a generic pad for Kodi so shall try updating the retroarch config

• I too have a similar experience since going to v1.8.x - using a PS4 pad wirelessly works in ES or Kodi fine yet when loading an emulator it shows Retroarch is connected to wireless on on port 0 yet then no response to move/start/exit game.

It did work seamlessly in 1.65 yet I have a generic pad for Kodi so shall try updating the retroarch config

I think there is a problem with Lakka and PS4 gamepads, I will look into it tonight.

see this issue: Generic PS3 Controller Recognized but input is not on S905 · Issue #277 · libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC · GitHub

Edited once, last by niabi (March 21, 2018 at 6:12 PM).

• thank you for your hard work and time Niabi - I haven't updated yet to version 1.84 but I did buy a couple of new SD cards tonight so I will test / upgrade over the weekend.

the only issue I have encountered since has been the screen size / resolution - when I play almost any game the top or bottom of the original screen is cut off, I have to manually change the aspect ratio to get it to display on the screen (1080p) correctly without being cut off - any way you can suggest to have the automatic aspect ratio sized correctly? also it'd be nice to add bezels to the emulated games, but one step at a time.

thank you.

I checked, and 1.8.5 retoarch did not have xinput or dinput file in autoconfig folder

I copied retroarch xinput & dinput file of PC version

Now, it is control by only use keyboard and ps4 pad together but it is not good

ps4 pad usb connection is incomplete, it work only after ps4 pad usb connetor out and in at snes screen

Do i have to buy a generic game pad?

I'm so sorry, but let me give you an easy way

thank you