Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• Let me sum it...

1. Change the emulationstation branch back to retropie.
    2. add emulationstation-13-sx05re_mathfix.patch.zip patch to ES.
    3. add freeimage-04-sx05re-png_fix_v8.patch.zip patch to freeimage

Correct?

yes, hopefully that will make everything compile.

unfortunately for my device, there is no sound yet :(

and also, edit, or remove the autostart.sh on the retroarch package folder, or you will get ES and kodi fighting on boot :P

• yes, hopefully that will make everything compile.

and also, edit, or remove the autostart.sh on the retroarch package folder, or you will get ES and kodi fighting on boot :P

I edited my question sorry, what about keeping the -std=gnu++98 flag in ES ?

• yes you also need the gnu flag, but that is for freeimage, isn't?

Yea sorry. My brain needs a rest... :rolleyes:
    [hr]

yes, hopefully that will make everything compile.

Still the same errors in ES :@ :@ . Perhaps i am missing something in my system...

Edited once, last by Asxetos (February 23, 2017 at 2:35 AM).

• I will post my complete source code after I test a few things, I think I found out what was the problem with the sound but I need to test.
    you can then compare it or use mine and see if you get the same problems.
    [hr]
    I got the sound working :) at least for my device, not sure if each device needs a different seting.

Edited once, last by niabi (February 23, 2017 at 2:50 AM).

• I will post my complete source code after I test a few things, I think I found out what was the problem with the sound but I need to test.
    you can then compare it or use mine and see if you get the same problems.
    [hr]
    I got the sound working :) at least for my device, not sure if each device needs a different seting.

OK!!! this is really good news, well done... :shy:

I'll wait for your full revision and try again from scratch...

• OK!!! this is really good news, well done... :shy:

I'll wait for your full revision and try again from scratch...

I am only having problems compiling libreto-ppsspp, did you have any luck with that?

Code
    requires unsupported dynamic reloc R_ARM_MOVW_ABS_NC; recompile with -fPIC

I don't know where to put the flag -fPIC :(

• I am only having problems compiling libreto-ppsspp, did you have any luck with that?

Code
    requires unsupported dynamic reloc R_ARM_MOVW_ABS_NC; recompile with -fPIC

I don't know where to put the flag -fPIC :(

Haven't gotten that far, still trying to solve previous problems... :(

• Haven't gotten that far, still trying to solve previous problems... :(

Well I give up... I have no idea whats going on, I copied all the files (to send you the source) to another folder and tried to compile it to make sure it works, now it does not compile... Emulatiostation fails with an error, and even Retroarch doesnt want to compile. So I went back to my original folder and did a "make clean" then I tried compiling it again from scratch, Emulatiostation compiles without a problem... but Retroarch doesn't :/. They are the exact same files (just on different directories) so I am not sure whats going on.

and my last successful compile, Kodi didn't want to start. I guess I am just going to stick to the original build I had until I get more energy to deal with all of this :(

• Well I give up... I have no idea whats going on, I copied all the files (to send you the source) to another folder and tried to compile it to make sure it works, now it does not compile... Emulatiostation fails with an error, and even Retroarch doesnt want to compile. So I went back to my original folder and did a "make clean" then I tried compiling it again from scratch, Emulatiostation compiles without a problem... but Retroarch doesn't :/. They are the exact same files (just on different directories) so I am not sure whats going on.

and my last successful compile, Kodi didn't want to start. I guess I am just going to stick to the original build I had until I get more energy to deal with all of this :(

Please don't give up.This is what I have been waiting for on my s905x box.

• I am actually working on this, but I have big problems compiling Kszaqs build (even without any modifications :s ) and its hard to get help on LE, so I am working on trial and error. but my goal is to make it work, since his version seems better than AlexEleec (which seems more focused on getting pirated video working :( )

The reason I used AlexElec in the first place was because he had emulationstation working, I don not like the banned addons and a lot of the russian stuff, so I removed it all but it was not an easy task for me, since I am a complete newbie to the world of libreleec and compiling for linux in general.

I will keep you posted if a make Kszaqs build work with all my changes.

I have some free time in the weekend, fell free to ping me with the errors that you have and the github branch that you are using, maybe I can help.

• I have some free time in the weekend, fell free to ping me with the errors that you have and the github branch that you are using, maybe I can help.

cool! I am uploading it to github right now, I will message you as soon as it finishes :) Thanks!

• Well I give up... I have no idea whats going on, I copied all the files (to send you the source) to another folder and tried to compile it to make sure it works, now it does not compile... Emulatiostation fails with an error, and even Retroarch doesnt want to compile. So I went back to my original folder and did a "make clean" then I tried compiling it again from scratch, Emulatiostation compiles without a problem... but Retroarch doesn't :/. They are the exact same files (just on different directories) so I am not sure whats going on.

I am in exactly the same place as you... Yesterday i thought to just disable Emulatiostation, so i can see how the rest of the packages go.

It turns out that all packages that clone a git repo for the source (like Retroarch) complained about resolving the url (the package url is set to "none"). So after some headache i change "none" to "" and it worked.
    Today i did a "make clean" like you and Retroarch just didn't clone. It Just created the dir and complained that there was no rule or makefile or something (understandable on an empty dir).
    So i change it back to "none", let it complain about resolving url, change again "none" to "" and it worked :huh: :huh: :huh: .

It's "almost" funny :D :D :D .

• I am in exactly the same place as you... Yesterday i thought to just disable Emulatiostation, so i can see how the rest of the packages go.

It turns out that all packages that clone a git repo for the source (like Retroarch) complained about resolving the url (the package url is set to "none"). So after some headache i change "none" to "" and it worked.
    Today i did a "make clean" like you and Retroarch just didn't clone. It Just created the dir and complained that there was no rule or makefile or something (understandable on an empty dir).
    So i change it back to "none", let it complain about resolving url, change again "none" to "" and it worked :huh: :huh: :huh: .

It's "almost" funny :D :D :D .

Exactly what is happening to me, except for me, emulationstation does compile.

Tje only thing we have different I think is that I used -c++98 instead of gnu++98

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk
    [hr]

I have some free time in the weekend, fell free to ping me with the errors that you have and the github branch that you are using, maybe I can help.

PM sent :)

Edited once, last by niabi (February 24, 2017 at 5:06 AM).

• The only thing we have different I think is that I used -c++98 instead of gnu++98

It's not that, so do I.

BUT!!!
    I finally figured it out ;). The flag needed for Emulatiostation to get rid of the errors is "-ldl" (not sure if "-lm" is necessary).

The kodi part is the latest stock kszaq 8.0.0c build, and i just need to check and iron things regarding games now.
    I left libretro-ppsspp disabled for now.

Edited once, last by Asxetos (February 24, 2017 at 6:50 AM).