USB Creator makes USB stick not bootable for pc

• Are you able to boot any other distro on your RPi?

I tried using the NOOBS installer too and came up with the same thing. On both pi2's. With every combination of tv, cables, power supplies. Ive seen this before where with openelec i skipped a step in the NOOBS installer where i forgot to paste a file onto the SD card. As soon as i did that it booted up. Except with this there is no "side" work you have to do. Just follow the buttons. But i have even tried on a pi2 that i have only used once or twice (purchased at the same time) and i get the same thing. All i get is a power light, sometimes one or two flashes from the (ACT) light and get the colored screen above. Which seems to me everything is working fine on the board side. Has anyone else tried to install using the latest img or even the 7.0.3 img? The img doesnt need to be extracted or anyhting like that before selecting it does it? But then if it does whats the sense of the "Easy" installation if thats not in the directions? <<Just Spitballing on that last statement.

• I tried using the NOOBS installer too and came up with the same thing. On both pi2's. With every combination of tv, cables, power supplies. Ive seen this before where with openelec i skipped a step in the NOOBS installer where i forgot to paste a file onto the SD card. As soon as i did that it booted up. Except with this there is no "side" work you have to do. Just follow the buttons. But i have even tried on a pi2 that i have only used once or twice (purchased at the same time) and i get the same thing. All i get is a power light, sometimes one or two flashes from the (ACT) light and get the colored screen above. Which seems to me everything is working fine on the board side. Has anyone else tried to install using the latest img or even the 7.0.3 img? The img doesnt need to be extracted or anyhting like that before selecting it does it? But then if it does whats the sense of the "Easy" installation if thats not in the directions? <<Just Spitballing on that last statement.

See this is why you cant trust users. Apparently I do NOT have a raspberry pi 2. I have a raspberry 1 b+? I assumed this was the second raspberry pi considering i owned the first one then ordered the second one. Well i only have 1 set of USB ports. So i must be an idiot, i mean User. Im second guessing my career in IT now. Im going to cry myself to sleep. But first Ill setup my Libreelec. Thanks for all the help.

• Lol. Don't worry, as you're not the first to have made this mistake (hence the question, are you sure it was a Pi2). As you were so certain I think we took you at face value but maybe we should be less trusting in future - I'm starting to think we'll need to get users to post a photograph of their board next time!

• Lol. Don't worry, as you're not the first to have made this mistake (hence the question, are you sure it was a Pi2). As you were so certain I think we took you at face value but maybe we should be less trusting in future - I'm starting to think we'll need to get users to post a photograph of their board next time!

Thats why I had to google raspberry pi 2. FYI the PI 2 has 2 sets of USB ports which can distinguish the pi 1b vs the 2. I didn't realize that there were 0, 1, 1b, 2, 3, and now 0. Jesus I'm far behind. Going to be placing an order for a 0 and x2 PI3s. So ill be back to get the actual 3 image :D Thanks again!

• Just registered to point out that this is the first result on Google for "libreelec usb not bootable" and well over a year after this thread was started, it's still... not bootable.

This is why you don't make "simple" tools that don't work. You guys need to take that non-working tool down and put up ISOs and instructions for doing things with ISOs.

• RNCTX: I'm sure stick is created just fine. But you need sometimes to convince your computer to actually use it correctly. So the problem is in person behind keyboard ;)

• You guys need to take that non-working tool down and put up ISOs and instructions for doing things with ISOs.

I suggest you learn to write disk images to SD/USB manually before you judge the effectiveness of a tool that does it for you. A little education goes a long way.