remote.conf repository

• You could try the coreelec Leia builds, but try to a different usb to start with, when you create the image, there is a folder with device trees, apparently, some of these will support some remotes out of the box.

My advice is use the 8.95.3 build, there is a problem with the latest Release CoreELEC 8.95.3 release · CoreELEC/CoreELEC · GitHub

But do bear in mind, the way the remote is enabled, is different, it doesn't use remote conf.

Also, if the remote doesn't work, there is a repository for various remotes,

LibreELEC 9.0.x Remote files - Remote Controllers - CoreELEC Forums

If you do decide the try coreelec, you might want to post more questions there

Hi, I have just seen that you now have it working :thumbup:

• I also tried corelec. But it had issues with the ethernet and the remote, so unfortunately it was not the best solution for me. I could stay with android and Kodi, but somehow I think the picture quality (video) is not the best

• I'm still looking for remote.config for my Xtreamer Whizz with LE 8.2..

I have tried many that I found in this forum, but only one works partly (only home and back button).

So I'm a little bit lost how to make it work.

Can anybody help?

• Hi bubblegu,

I have check creating remote from scratch, but I think it's too complicated for me. I'm more a user, don't know nothing about SSH and similar.

I don't but I had a go.

I turned on my device, I had my laptop next to it, opened putty log in as root, password libreelec. I then typed in the instructions, to stop kodi, then pressed buttons on the remote, & made a note of the codes.

If its too difficult, get a bluetooth remote

• I don't but I had a go.

I turned on my device, I had my laptop next to it, opened putty log in as root, password libreelec. I then typed in the instructions, to stop kodi, then pressed buttons on the remote, & made a note of the codes.

If its too difficult, get a bluetooth remote

I download Putty, but I cant connect to Llibreelec. How to do that?

Thank you for your patience.

• There's a video for this on our under-used YouTube channel

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have tried this. Got IP from router, type it in and got answer Network error:Connection refused.

Libreelec and Kodi are not configured yet, because my remote is not working (I'm trying to get right remote.confg, to make it work)

• No I didn't. I just install libreelec and when it starts, I have realise, that remote is not working.

Also Whizz is not visible over bluetooth and I don't have keyboard.

• I can't remember if ssh is on by default, & if you are using wifi, that needs setting up.

you have to run this initial config, let it reboot, then put the remote.conf file on the device/usb

My suggestion, is you buy a wireless remote.