Boot screen / splash screen Libreelec logo is not displayed in fullscreen

• When booting up my x86 box running the latest LibreElec 7.95.1 (same thing happened with all 7.90.x versions), the boot or splash screen LibreElec logo is not shown in fullscreen, and is instead shown at about 1/3 the proper size aligned to the top-left of the screen as shown in the attached image. The LibreElec screen resolution is set to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz and this works fine. It's only the boot/splash screen that is shrunken. Any ideas how to resolve this?

• Try this, using your correct HDMI and refresh rate output(60.00); thread-4094-post-29712.html#pid29712
    SSH your pc and type the following command "xrandr" this will give you the correct HDMI output name.

Tried and it didn't have any effect. The LibreELEC logo is still shrunken when the splash/boot screen is shown. It should be noted that the text that is displayed during bootup and shutdown appears to be normally sized on top of the splash image.

Here is the created "/storage/.config/autostart.sh":
    [code=php]
    #!/bin/sh
    xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00
    [/php]

And this is the output of "xrandr" command:
    [code=php]
    Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 32767 x 32767
    DP1 disconnected primary (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    DP2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    DP3 connected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    1024x768 60.00
    800x600 60.32 56.25
    848x480 60.00
    640x480 59.94
    HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    HDMI2 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 160mm x 90mm
    1920x1080 60.00*+ 59.94 30.00 24.00 29.97 23.98
    1920x1080i 60.00 59.94
    1280x720 60.00 59.94
    720x480 60.00 59.94
    640x480 60.00 59.94
    HDMI3 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    VGA1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    VIRTUAL1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
    [/php]

• Tried and it didn't have any effect. The LibreELEC logo is still shrunken when the splash/boot screen is shown. It should be noted that the text that is displayed during bootup and shutdown appears to be normally sized on top of the splash image.

Here is the created "/storage/.config/autostart.sh":

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (January 22, 2017 at 9:50 PM).

• You should have used (HDMI-2-0), also is there anything else connected to the PC(Display port)?

Try this:
    xrandr --output DP3 --off && sleep 1 && xrandr --output HDMI-2-0 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00

That also didn't fix it. There is nothing else connected to the PC and the only available output port is the single HDMI port.

I had to change --output back to HDMI2 as I received the following error:

# xrandr --output DP3 --off && sleep 1 && xrandr --output HDMI-2-0 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00
    warning: output HDMI-2-0 not found; ignoring
    [hr]

I have a similar issue. Mine depends on the fact that the splash screen is in a different resolution than the gui is after and my TV switches not fast enough. So there is simply no solution for me and, tbh, if the gui is fine, I don't care about a splash screen that is visible for 2 secs.

I believe that's the main issue too. The splash screen is being displayed at a different resolution than the GUI (my guess is 640x480 given the stretch factor and the relative size of the splash image). I thought perhaps there was a different setting somewhere for the display resolution when the splash image is displayed vs. when the GUI is displayed. Of course I can live with it, but it's just a bit annoying.

Edited once, last by sabrex (January 22, 2017 at 11:03 PM).

• I have various Ivy Bridge CPU/GPUs here (Celeron 1037, i3 3225 HD4000, G1620) and never had this experience.

I'm still curious... An IB machine with 3 Display Ports and HDMI, and DP with only limited video capabilities ?!?
    I told you, we prefer lots of details: manufacturer, motherboard, graphics, the lot.

• That also didn't fix it. There is nothing else connected to the PC and the only available output port is the single HDMI port.

I had to change --output back to HDMI2 as I received the following error:

# xrandr --output DP3 --off && sleep 1 && xrandr --output HDMI-2-0 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00
    warning: output HDMI-2-0 not found; ignoring
    [hr]

You are right about the "HDMI2" i overlooked that, but from the picture you have in your first post it looks exactly like "1024x768" displayed on a "1920x1080" screen without stretching. And "1024x768" is the max resolution displayed on your "DP3" output which says is connected also(could be passthrough)but we don't have this information.
    Can you confirm your tried this exactly in the same order?

Code
    echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh
    Code
    echo "xrandr --output DP3 --off && sleep 1 && xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (January 23, 2017 at 4:52 AM).

• I have the same thing happening with the kodi splash (le splash is fine). It's definitely due to the tv not changing resolution quickly enough, but it's harmless since the kodi gui is fine

• I have the same thing happening with the kodi splash (le splash is fine). It's definitely due to the tv not changing resolution quickly enough, but it's harmless since the kodi gui is fine

Possible, but why would a native 1080p TV start in lower resolution then switch to 1080p?
    As far as i remember with all 1080p TV that i owned they always started in 1080p then switched to a lower resolution if asked by the device or software, even when i'm in the BIOS or UEFI my TV is still in 1080p.

If you want you can bypass the Kodi splash by putting this "<splash>false</splash>" in advancedsettings.xml. You will just have a black screen between LibreELEC splash and the Kodi GUI.

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (January 23, 2017 at 5:31 AM).

• Code
    mount -o remount,rw /flash
    touch /flash/oemsplash.png
    mount -o remount,ro /flash
    reboot

I'm not entirely sure whether a zero bytes png causes any graphical issues at boot, but I suspect it just results on no LE boot logo. Worst case you can create a proper all-black png image and deploy that. It will still be squashed up, but you won't see it.

• You are right about the "HDMI2" i overlooked that, but from the picture you have in your first post it looks exactly like "1024x768" displayed on a "1920x1080" screen without stretching. And "1024x768" is the max resolution displayed on your "DP3" output which says is connected also(could be passthrough)but we don't have this information.
    Can you confirm your tried this exactly in the same order?

Code
    echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh
    Code
    echo "xrandr --output DP3 --off && sleep 1 && xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Yes. I ran those commands in order and it does not have an effect. The autostart.sh file is correct. I can confirm that the issue is in fact related to DP3 and the resolution is 1024x768 when the splash screen is displayed.

I also found that if I set the Kodi display output to "Default" from settings, it defaults to having 1024x768 as the resolution, same as if DP3 is selected. So it looks like the "Default" setting for display output uses DP3 for some reason. If there is really a way to disable DP3 or to at least change the "Default" display output to be HDMI2, that would probably fix the issue.

• This should have done it.

Code

Can you verify in your "autostart.sh" file if the line you see there correspond to that one?
    You could have more than one line now or the one with"HDMI-2-0" would make it not work.

This should work also.

Code
    echo "xrandr --output DP3 --off && xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (January 23, 2017 at 7:35 AM).

• This should have done it.

Code

Can you verify in your "autostart.sh" file if the line you see there correspond to that one?
    You could have more than one line now or the one with"HDMI-2-0" would make it not work.

This should work also.

Code
    echo "xrandr --output DP3 --off && xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 60.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

The autostart.sh file is correct. I had even gone in there with nano to make sure there were no duplicated lines and that it was all correct. I know that the command is being run, since I experimented with different modes (e.g. 1280x720) to make sure it was having an effect and it was indeed having an effect on the GUI, but I have no idea if autostart is being executed before the splash screen is displayed, or if it is executed after.
    [hr]

try adding setfbres=1080 to the kernel append line in syslinux.cfg

I tried that and it didn't have an effect. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited once, last by sabrex (January 24, 2017 at 3:14 PM).