Lock resolution to 1920x1080@60Hz

• I am having trouble with an av receiver and I do not get any display at all unless I reboot several times. I want to lock down the video resolution to 1080p@50Hz

I am not sure about the exact change to be made in the xorg.conf file. I have edited as below but am not able to get it to work. Please help. I am using an Intel board.

• Assuming your correct output is HDMI2 and that you want to set it to 50hz (60hz in the thread title) try something like this.

Code
    xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 50.00

Only if it worked and you want to keep it like that then do this.

Code
    echo "#!/bin/sh" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh

echo "xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 50.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

If it did not worked, post the output of this command below so we can determine the right output connected.

Code
    xrandr

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (January 23, 2017 at 5:05 AM).

• issuing the command

xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 50.00

does the job

but adding the lines to autostart.conf doesnt do it at startup.

Reading further, I created a xorg.conf file with the contents as below:

This changes the resolution to 1920x1080@50Hz

But if I change the mode line to some other supported resolution as seen in the output of xandr, like 1280x720@50p or even 1920x1080@30p it is not working. Only worked for 1920x1080@60p and 50p (didnt test many other than the examples cited here)

• The file created is "autostart.sh" not ".conf".
    Doing the commands below should create that file automatically.

Code

echo "xrandr --output HDMI2 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 50.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

I don't see "1280x720@50p" in the output you posted, can you copy the output of "xrandr".

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (January 23, 2017 at 1:41 PM).

• The file created is "autostart.sh" not ".conf".
    Doing the commands below should create that file automatically.

Code

I don't see "1280x720@50p" in the output you posted, can you copy the output of "xrandr".

Apologies, I meant autostart.sh. Wrote .conf by mistake.

xrandr output as below:

• Try this in the same order;

Code
    rm /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Code

Code
    echo "xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 50.00" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

You can change to "mode 1280x720" and "rate 60.00" as you want, just make sure to write it correctly with the spaces.
    The first command will delete the "autostart.sh" file that was previously created.
    I changed the output to "HDMI1" instead of "HDMI2" since the output of the last "xrandr" command you provided was connected to "HDMI1", you can change that if you need also.

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (January 24, 2017 at 2:52 PM).

• Nope, tried. It doesn't work from autostart. But the same command issued from command line works. That means the syntax of the command or the formatting in autostart.sh is somehow wrong. Maybe it needs to be preceded by an "exec" or maybe some delay. I have no idea. If you do please advise.

Edited once, last by extremeaudio (January 25, 2017 at 10:56 AM).

• Nope, tried. It doesn't work from autostart. But the same command issued from command line works. That means the syntax of the command or the formatting in autostart.sh is somehow wrong. Maybe it needs to be preceded by an "exec" or maybe some delay. I have no idea. If you do please advise.

Strange i have about the same autostart.sh lines here ant it works, did you also changed the resolution in the Kodi settings after sending those commands?
    In the kodi settings is your display labeled HDMI1?
    Please copy/paste what is in your autostart.sh file here and a kodi log would help.

Edited once, last by vitorp07 (January 25, 2017 at 9:14 PM).

Post the contents of your autostart.sh