network share question

• ok am new to all this stuff but have been using openelec for a while.
    here is my issue
    fresh install of openelec with kodi everything works fine.
    fresh instal of libreelec 2 different downloads I can set it up but when I go to ad my video location via smb I get invalid argument.
    yes I set up open and libre identically same network name static ip. I can see the device from windows but when I go into the add smb when it shows the network name ( shows 2) games and workgroup when I click on games I get the message.
    I had installed libre I think 1 update ago and everything worked. (was last week) if I install openelec and use the millhouse libre beta it still works (just tried again and dont work)
    but if I install the libre release and update to millhouse still dont work.

thanks
    Andy

correction only if I am using openelec do things work. I thought it was working when I went from openelec to libreelec but I just tried and it dont work.
    what log might be helpful

• I don't think fusion has anything to do with adding a network location.

Assuming you want to add videos, What I do, is add a new network location, using the ip address, then fill in boxes under smb with user name & password. Once that is added, browse to add video files.

whats weird is if I install openelec connect to my wifi the go to movies and add location, windows smb it shows my network name and workgroup click on the name it then shows compueters click on mine my share and life is good.
    if I use libreelec I connect to my wifi the go to movies and add location, windows smb it shows my network name and workgroup click on the name it then says invalid argument
    its something with libre but no clue....

if I type in a location smb:\\ fred\sharelocation it works

thanks for that thought tho may try it

• Official Post

Get us a full debuglog with debug logging enabled which shows the error, please. Hopefully that tells something. Don't cut that file, please.

And for the clarification....if you have banned add-ons installed, which is absolutely your choice, you remove them first and try with a clean installation and see if you still get the errors. Sometimes those add-ons are causing the weirdest problems.

• reply from milhouse on the kodi forums

The error is:Code:

Code
    20:10:38 T:140185694095104   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://GAMES/'
                                                unix_err:'16' error : 'Invalid argument'

It's not always clear what causes this error.

Have you tried the usual, ie. rebooting your smb server?

Is your smb server based on Windows (which version - is it Windows 10?) or is it a NAS (Synology etc.)?

If your server is a Windows server/PC then some registry changes may be worth trying: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1060307

One other thing I've read is that it helps if all your shares are within WORKGROUP (even when hosted on different physical machines).

from me:
    machine is a windows 7 pro. file and print sharing enabled no passwords.
    I changed the registry settings and changed the public settings per HOW-TO share folders over SMB using Windows 7 and in home and work setting I changed to let windows manage homegroup connections tho am not in a home group rebooted and it works

thanks for the directions and what to do.....
    tho its still weird it works with openelec and not libreelec. but.... such is the world of puters

and no fusion