LibreELEC first install

• Thanks for your fast reply. The 304.131 driver seems to support the Nvidia ION: en-us

EDIT: I did it...and it worked fine :D

(exept somme small problems with the IPTV-Simple Client in the beginning, wihch could be solved with uninstalling the PVR-addon, reinstall it and reboot)

Greetings
    Mark

Edited once, last by mark-aus-51 (March 27, 2016 at 11:15 PM).

• So for a RPI2 running a USB3 How do I go about either a fresh install or updating my Millhouse build of OE (1204)

Can I just drop the contents of target folder into update ?

and for fresh install to run with USB3 ???

Thanks

• Isn't the hard reset option from the LibreELEC settings equal to a clean install. If not ssh into the box, stop the kodi service and manually delete everyhing in /storage. This will give you a clean install, as the whole OS is in a monolithic file so you don't need to worry about any leftover system files.

• Updating from inside the LibreELEC app doesn't seem to work for me. It downloads the update, unpacks it, restarts but doesn't install the update.

MaDeMaNN: img.gz is now available on the download page: downloads – LibreELEC

karcyon: what build are you on, and what version?

I just reported the same problem in another thread. I presume the "problem" is that the GZ image is downloaded but during the update check at start up the systems checks for a TAR image...

My build: LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.90.002.tar on an Intel NUC

Edited once, last by RogerS (March 30, 2016 at 4:11 PM).

• karcyon: what build are you on, and what version?

LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-6.90.002

Edit: adding the LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-6.90.003.img.gz manually to the Update folder worked. Just not the in-app update. Strange. Should have done some logging. Sorry about that :/

Edited once, last by karcyon (March 30, 2016 at 5:52 PM).

• thx to uDK from solidrun forum, i installed in my cubox my first LibreElec image.
    Works Very Good. Havent Tested All, But Seems To Be Alright.
    Finaly thanks to Xbian We Got The New Linux Kernel.

Edited once, last by danielk (April 5, 2016 at 9:51 AM).

• I am keen to try the new LE build. Reading the past few posts it sounds quite simple to do an update.

I have a 64-bit working OpenELEC build that was originally created from "OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-5.0.8" so my intention was to download "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.90.004.tar" and place in the update folder and boot as normal to update to LE.

My question is do I need to update OE to 6.0.3 first?

I also have a 32-bit working OpenELEC build that was originally created from "OpenELEC-Generic.i386-5.0.8". I don't see a 32-bit version of LE, so I assume that this can't be updated?

Thanks for any help and guidance.

• 64 bit only I'm afraid.

You don't need to install OE 6.0.3, you can upgrade straight from OE 5.0.8 to LE 6.90.005 (although the usual warnings/caveats/disclaimers apply, which is that when upgrading between major versions - OE or LE - you should normally start with a clean install).

• 64 bit only I'm afraid.

You don't need to install OE 6.0.3, you can upgrade straight from OE 5.0.8 to LE 6.90.005 (although the usual warnings/caveats/disclaimers apply, which is that when upgrading between major versions - OE or LE - you should normally start with a clean install).

Thanks for quick reply, updated successfully. everything working ok.

EDIT: After reboot there was a short delay in the TVADDONS message about football 2016. The message didn't move aside when I clicked dismiss or remind me later. It too a couple of minutes to move off screen.

Also I had slight problem in connecting with android app Yatse. I couldn't use 'Find running host' to connect as normal, so I entered the ip address and port manully and it connected OK after that.

These issues didn't bother me at all but wanted to feedback in case it was important to you.

Many thanks for your excellent work in making this software available.

PS. I found the forum website didn't work too well on Firefox and Edge browsers, had to use Chrome to use the quote functionality and cut and paste functionality. again, not a problem to me but you might like to know.

Edited once, last by hughparker1 (April 6, 2016 at 4:30 PM).

• Official Post

Just FYI...we don't care in any way about TVADDONS. As this is a banned repository. See:

Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons - Official Kodi Wiki

So, tbh, if you have any problem with this repo, report to the person who maintains it. But be aware, that if you have problems with LibreELEC while this repo is installed, you won't get any support. As this repos (and the addons which the repo contains) are sometimes causing issues. So if you run into any problem, remove those first and try again.

The forums works fine for my using Firefox 45.0.

Greetings