[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• What is it with the experimental DTB file for the
    MXQ 4K Pro (S905) from January, 20th?

Shall we (MXQ 4K Pro owners) use that or does it
    have a special function/problem solution you are
    just testing for a certain user (group)?

Edited once, last by sYCO (January 23, 2017 at 3:00 PM).

• kszaq About unrecognized NAND in s905x. I just tried AlexElec build. He use the same kernel version 3.14.29 and NAND is accesable

dmesg output

• kszaq About unrecognized NAND in s905x. I just tried AlexElec build. He use the same kernel version 3.14.29 and NAND is accesable

AlexELEC copies S805 and S905 from me, it's my kernel and configuration files. Which device tree did you use?
    [hr]

What is it with the experimental DTB file for the
    MXQ 4K Pro (S905) from January, 20th?

Shall we (MXQ 4K Pro owners) use that or does it
    have a special function/problem solution you are
    just testing for a certain user (group)?

It is a device tree with modified partition layout: thread-3902.html Marked as experimental because I don't have a device to test.

Edited once, last by kszaq (January 23, 2017 at 3:40 PM).

• First stock dtb from release, also gxl_p212_1g.dtb. This box is with 905x CPU and MXQ Pro case

PS. Your build with alex dtb work fine. I have to find the right dtb img. Tanks for support

Edited once, last by pesh (January 23, 2017 at 3:56 PM).

• First stock dtb from release, also gxl_p212_1g.dtb. This box is with 905x CPU and MXQ Pro case

PS. Your build with alex dtb work fine. I have to find the right dtb img. Tanks for support

Can you please upload device tree image from this build?

• Thanks Kszaq for the great work you are doing here. Just bought a Minix U1 and LibreELEC is working fine - setup was much easier than I expected especially the import of a backup from my old (Revo) box which imported everything perfectly.

However I am having a few problems with sound pass-through on your later builds - it works on 7.0.2.008-fix but is broken on 7.0.2.009 onwards (including 7.0.3 beta builds). By broken i mean no ALSA HDMI device option in Audio Settings (only Bluetooth PULSEAUDIO).

I have tried different device trees with no luck - any suggestions?

• AlexELEC copies S805 and S905 from me, it's my kernel and configuration files. Which device tree did you use?
    [hr]

It is a device tree with modified partition layout: thread-3902.html Marked as experimental because I don't have a device to test.

Thank you, but that is weird. I am using gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb on exactly this box (MXQ 4K Pro) on internal NAND and external SD and it works fine on both.

Or I do not know, what problem you guys were talking (in your linked thread).

Edited once, last by sYCO (January 23, 2017 at 4:38 PM).

• However I am having a few problems with sound pass-through on your later builds - it works on 7.0.2.008-fix but is broken on 7.0.2.009 onwards (including 7.0.3 beta builds). By broken i mean no ALSA HDMI device option in Audio Settings (only Bluetooth PULSEAUDIO).

I have tried different device trees with no luck - any suggestions?

You are doing something wrong with a device tree.

I have this file s9082 from original firmware. is it usefull?

No, I need driver source code to be able to compile it.
    [hr]

This is gxbb_p200_1G_100M device tree.

Edited once, last by kszaq (January 23, 2017 at 6:17 PM).

• In Jarvis builds there should be no micro-stutter except for the videos that are known to cause issues.
    [hr]
    OP udated with 7.0.3.012d build. I switched my development focus to Krypton builds now, so this is very little tested but the changes are very minor. In case anything stops working, 7.0.3.012c is still available.

Please report if Bluetooth still works in this build if you have AP6xxx WiFi/BT chip. I have used an alternative way to load BT firmware in this build which should make BT work for AP6212A.

Unfortunately bluetooth is not working on my AP6212A using the 7.0.3.012d build. "No Bluetooth adapter is found".

• Hi to everyone. Thank's to kszaq, I'm an happy user on S805 since first releases. Reading the various posts I would like to understand what you think is the best device S905 for these builds and maybe next release, tips?

• Thanks. Please also grab
    udevadm info /sys/bus/mmc/devices/sdio\:0001/sdio\:0001\:*
    systemctl status brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service.

Also check if systemctl start brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service makes BT available?

Yep.

systemctl start brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service didn't enable BT.

LcdS

DjBd

• Thanks. Please also grab
    udevadm info /sys/bus/mmc/devices/sdio\:0001/sdio\:0001\:*
    systemctl status brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service.

Also check if systemctl start brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service makes BT available?

Hi,

It turns out these Broadcom chips need a few reset retries after firmware upload. brcm_patchram already does this but hciattach just times out.

Here is a patch to fix hciattach, enjoy. :)

0001-hciattach-retry-device-reset-when-no-response.patch

Edited once, last by meijjaa (January 23, 2017 at 10:15 PM).