[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• Hello,

I installed this version with "gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb" in my Beelink MiniMX III (S905).

All works as expected, but sometimes when reboots it get blocked in the boot (Beelink logo) and I need to unplug and unplug the power wire.

Is something wrong with this image?

Regards.

try the image without the temp sensor

• Any way to disable HDR completely (e.g SSH commands)?

Forum search doesn't work to save its own life. Google site search turns this up:

Code
    echo 0 > /sys/module/am_vecm/parameters/hdr_mode

This probably won't fix the issue you're having (I've been messing around with this for a little while now), but 0 is hdr->hdr mode. 1 is hdr->sdr, and 2 (default) is auto. To disable, you'd want to use 1, but you'll probably get the wrong colorspace.

Edit: disabling AM_VECM solves the issue on boot, but most hdr material will still be unwatchable. kszaq says on github that it's needed for OSD, but I haven't run into any issues with it disabled in libreelec-7.0.

Edit2: main post implies that HDR-supporting TVs aren't dark on boot, when in reality since HDR isn't supported, all TVs are affected.

Edited once, last by blinkmxq (January 21, 2017 at 7:51 PM).

• Edit: disabling AM_VECM solves the issue on boot, but most hdr material will still be unwatchable. kszaq says on github that it's needed for OSD, but I haven't run into any issues with it disabled in libreelec-7.0

Disabling it indeed disables HDR but it also causes GUI and subtitles corruption at 1080p24hz.

• AP6212 is supported here, I need to figure out a workaround to make AP6212a's BT firmware load.

Ok ! I've seen it's same id for 6212 and 6212a so how choosing between is not easy ... Trying loading first one and if it fails, the other ? (no device is found with 6212 when it's 6212a so perhaps the only way to be sure ? )

• Ok ! I've seen it's same id for 6212 and 6212a so how choosing between is not easy ... Trying loading first one and if it fails, the other ? (no device is found with 6212 when it's 6212a so perhaps the only way to be sure ? )

It seems the two chip revisions do not have attributes on which they can be differentiated by udev rules. This is why we can't tag the right firmware correctly for the new revision. The firmware file itself is already inside the image, albeit with capital filename (BCM43430A1.hcd). This had me fooled as well at first.

For now, you could work around this issue yourself by placing the following in /storage/.config/udev.rules.d:

80-brcmfmac_sdio.rules

81-fix-brcmfmac_sdio.rules

After subsequent reboots everything should be fine. Note that this (of course) is only required to get BT working on boxes with 6212a (chip revision 1).
    You can check which rev you have by issuing the following command:

Code
    dmesg | grep dhd_conf_set_chiprev

Example:

Code
    [9.407364@2] dhd_conf_set_chiprev: chip=0xa9a6, chiprev=1

Maybe it's an idea to have the udev script invoke an external script to find out which rev is on board, which in turn could set the required system.wants service env var?

Edited once, last by _BLAST3R (January 21, 2017 at 9:38 PM).

• Many thanks friend.
    Edit: within samba i can't find the directory storage/.kodi/userdata/. How can i have access to it? Many thanks.

Inviato dal mio Pixel utilizzando Tapatalk

you could either access the folder with SMB by placing a samba.conf in the configfiles folder that includes

Code
    [kodi]
      path = /storage/.kodi
      available = yes
      browsable = yes
      public = yes
      writable = yes

or directly create and edit advancedsettings.xml via ssh

Code
    nano /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
  • you could either access the folder with SMB by placing a samba.conf in the configfiles folder that includes

Code
    [kodi]
      path = /storage/.kodi
      available = yes
      browsable = yes
      public = yes
      writable = yes

or directly create and edit advancedsettings.xml via ssh

Code
    nano /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Or use coreftp lite

• Disabling it indeed disables HDR but it also causes GUI and subtitles corruption at 1080p24hz.

Understood, I didn't test 1080p24. A lot of hdr material will still suffer bad color conversion with vemc disabled (half the screen will be blocky blacks converted to grey (only if vemc disabled, and not just hdr->sdr mode), which is why I'm trying to go the vemc hdr->sdr/csc route for better conversion using a new matrix.

• exactly. more of a workaround than a fix, but it works seamlessly. I made a mini how-to for those who like to try this.

Thank you! This is a rather elegant workaround as far as workarounds go, and I actually like the idea of a Kodi startup splash vid anyways.

Doesn't seem to work with Confluence unfortunately and I'm not a fan of any of the unofficial skins, so I guess I'll have to put up with the darkness on boot until Kodi 17 w/Estuary is final and more stable.

Edit: Well, my curiosity got the better of me and I'm back to testing out Kodi 17 / LE 7.90 Beta 3. Seems a lot more stable than the Android builds which are still unbearably bad on RC3, and I managed to get the intro working with Estuary. No more dark screen!! Thank you!

This probably won't fix the issue you're having (I've been messing around with this for a little while now), but 0 is hdr->hdr mode. 1 is hdr->sdr, and 2 (default) is auto. To disable, you'd want to use 1, but you'll probably get the wrong colorspace.

Edit: disabling AM_VECM solves the issue on boot, but most hdr material will still be unwatchable. kszaq says on github that it's needed for OSD, but I haven't run into any issues with it disabled in libreelec-7.0.

Edit2: main post implies that HDR-supporting TVs aren't dark on boot, when in reality since HDR isn't supported, all TVs are affected.

Not sure what it does TBH... But whether it's set to 0, 1, or 2, my box is always dark on boot until playing back a vid. As it stands, I have it set back to 2 for default so nothing else breaks I suppose. Thanks for trying and the additional insight though!

Cheers to you both :)

Edited once, last by glitch (January 22, 2017 at 7:49 AM).

• kszaq,
    in 012 version very often there is no connect to wifi by usb wifi at start. and in libreelecsettins addon not shown any wireless connections, by internal wifi too.
    can it be you "added an udev rule in hope to fix non-working WiFi on boot (you no longer have to toggle it in settings)".
    in older releases - no problem with wifi at start.
    thank you!

• kszaq,
    in 012 version very often there is no connect to wifi by usb wifi at start. and in libreelecsettins addon not shown any wireless connections, by internal wifi too.
    can it be you "added an udev rule in hope to fix non-working WiFi on boot (you no longer have to toggle it in settings)".
    in older releases - no problem with wifi at start.
    thank you!

I have this, If I select the so called device tree for my device, but if I use the realtek device tree it works. So, are you sure you have the correct device tree?

• I have this, If I select the so called device tree for my device, but if I use the realtek device tree it works. So, are you sure you have the correct device tree?

I use "gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb" for mxqpro4k all time. if wifi started at start internal an external usb wifi works fine. some strange happened in 012 release.

• It seems the two chip revisions do not have attributes on which they can be differentiated by udev rules. This is why we can't tag the right firmware correctly for the new revision. The firmware file itself is already inside the image, albeit with capital filename (BCM43430A1.hcd). This had me fooled as well at first.

For now, you could work around this issue yourself by placing the following in /storage/.config/udev.rules.d:

Maybe it's an idea to have the udev script invoke an external script to find out which rev is on board, which in turn could set the required system.wants service env var?

Thank's for the udev rules, bluetooth is now working fine !

If the revision is sufficient to load the right firmware, that's an idea that can be followed.

• hi, i have an old version installed on internal memory on s905x, i try install a new version with TWRP, but always failed, can someone tell me step by step how i update to the latest version
    thanks

• hi, i have an old version installed on internal memory on s905x, i try install a new version with TWRP, but always failed, can someone tell me step by step how i update to the latest version
    thanks

Stick the new image with the device tree in the update folder, reboot.