[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• You can adjust the sync from the fullscreen OSD ;)

And if it's always out of sync by the same time you can specify the audio offset in advancedsettings.xml as well. I've always had to do this (195 ms for 24p and 70 ms for other refresh rates in my case, I think it depends on your screen and the time it needs for video processing).

• kszaq

Can you create a "to_internal_in_recovery" zip of the 7.0.3.012a build?
    (LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.012a-temp_sensor_disabled.img.gz)

Would like to start using your build on my Beelink MiniMX.
    Thank you in advance!!

SD CARD INSTALL FIRST. OP
    Internal memory (NAND/eMMC):
    Run LE from SD card first. If it runs fine, connect to your box over SSH, execute

Code
    installtointernal

command and follow on-screen instructions. This command wipes SYSTEM and DATA partition!

CAUTION: If your box has a non-standard partition layout, you will see an error when trying to boot from internal memory for the first time. To solve it, you need to boot one more time from SD card and run

Code
    installtointernal

again.

• And if it's always out of sync by the same time you can specify the audio offset in advancedsettings.xml as well. I've always had to do this (195 ms for 24p and 70 ms for other refresh rates in my case, I think it depends on your screen and the time it needs for video processing).

:cool: an example, perhaps ? . . .

Edited once, last by Poida (January 9, 2017 at 12:00 PM).

Issues with booting? Freezes? Use a build with disabled temperature sensor:
    http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.3.012...led.img.gz

Looks like my MXQ Pro 4K (S905) needs to have the thermal driver disabled to prevent regular boot problems (getting stuck before the splash screen). But wouldn't this driver be needed to do proper thermal management? Also I see there is a newer thermal driver version available from Amlogic. Or maybe you already tested it?

aml_thermal-2016-08-18 (Index of /download/ARM/modules)

• My MXQ Pro 4K (S905) works with the thermal driver enabled, but it only starts from a cold boot. After a reboot it is stuck on the S905 logo. As I use a switchable power socket to start and stop the device, I can live with this.

• kszaq The 012 build is working fine on my mini-MX and Beelink mini-MXiii. I installed both from scratch on SD card. I have a question though, is there a way to enable the internal/remote mouse functionality ? This works on android but has never worked for me on libreelec on either of these 2 boxes. Thank you.

• The 012 build with temp sensor disabled is so far bootng up with no issues from SD Card on my s905 Mini-MX G V1 (non beelink branded) . great work looks like the freeze on reboot issue is resolved by disabling the temp sensor.

One observation I made though , not a bug is that th 012 build has slightly higher RAM utilisation than the temp sensor disabled development build and previous builds, i.e: previously after watching some video etc, the device would return to 10% free RAM 181 Meg utilised from 2Gig. On 012 it returns to 12% utilised 214 meg. Again jsut an observation, im not concerned since 214 meg used from 2gif available RAM is hardly anything 12% :)

• A good example is LibeELEC generic advancedsettings file (which is not used for Amlogic projects!):

Thanks kszaq, Still works with Amlogic though, I presume ?
    [hr]

great work looks like the freeze on reboot issue is resolved by disabling the temp sensor.

more like worked around, I think ;)
    [hr]

But wouldn't this driver be needed to do proper thermal management?

Seems likely eh? ;)

Where did that quote come from ? :dodgy:

Edited once, last by Poida (January 9, 2017 at 1:56 PM).

• Newer than...?

This driver is not intended for the kernel we are using.

The timestamp is more recent than the last commit in your kernel tree so I assumed it would be more recent. But I really wouldn't know, that's why I was asking.

edit:
    I just noticed it's just a pre-compiled blob from Samsung? Ow well, I see it's the same as the driver included in buildroot-openlinux-20160930. Please ignore my previous question :).

I could do some logging on the serial port if that would help?

Edited once, last by meijjaa (January 9, 2017 at 4:00 PM).

• Hello guys and thank you kszaq for this amazing build.

i have a question and i don't know if also other users facing the same problem like me. I have used almost all the releases of kszaq from 009-012 but unfortunately the repos (official) like KODI repo etc are not updated automatically each time i start my device. I have to manually check for updates for the installed addons.

Is it common problem or its just my device? Is there a solution?

I have a MINI M8S II - 2GB S905X

Thank you

• Hello guys and thank you kszaq for this amazing build.

i have a question and i don't know if also other users facing the same problem like me. I have used almost all the releases of kszaq from 009-012 but unfortunately the repos (official) like KODI repo etc are not updated automatically each time i start my device. I have to manually check for updates for the installed addons.

Is it common problem or its just my device? Is there a solution?

I have a MINI M8S II - 2GB S905X

Thank you

It looks to me like Kodi is started before the network is ready. I for instance have problems with Tvheadend PVR plugin and MySQL media database even with "wait for network" enabled on DHCP and static IP. I can't tell if this is because of the hardware or just a timing issue, probably should check some other devices to.

I use this workaround to halt Kodi for one ping to Google (or max 10 seconds):

/storage/.config/autostart.sh

Code
    (
     ping 8.8.8.8 -c 1 -I eth0 -w 10
    )

Edited once, last by meijjaa (January 9, 2017 at 5:39 PM).

• It looks to me like Kodi is started before the network is ready. . . even with "wait for network" enabled. . .

I use this workaround to halt Kodi for one ping to Google (or max 10 seconds):

The wait for network option in LE settings works fine here, wonder why you have to 're-invent the wheel' ? :s

Edited once, last by Poida (January 9, 2017 at 7:27 PM).

• The wait for network option in LE settings works fine here, wonder why you have to 're-invent the wheel' ? :s

Not really sure why you edited my quote or why it would work for me just because it works for you. All I can say is that I need it to get stable results every boot, maybe others can benefit. :)

edit:
    Apparently although the option was enabled in the GUI it really wasn't, toggling the wait for network option in the GUI fixed it and no workaround is needed anymore :).

Edited once, last by meijjaa (January 9, 2017 at 8:24 PM).