Create remote.conf from scratch

• Can I fix problem with power on/off button in this way? I just Can turn off box when i put power button, but when i try put power button again box are still off. There are any solutions to fix this problem?

Edited once, last by misieq12 (May 13, 2017 at 11:54 AM).

• No, as far as I know official builds use LIRC for Infrared sensor.

Ok, I see.

I suppose your build support this, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Another question... don't you know if the raybuntu's build supports this?

I've read that in your build, the user has to do some stuff related to a "device tree" thing to make it work on the Wetek Hub, opposed to raybuntu's that work out of the box. I tried raybuntu's build like 3-4 months ago before the LibreElec 8.0.0 official came out, because of the problem that were at the time related to the remote responsiveness, and memory leak on amlogic devices, specifically on the Hub, that it's the device I own.

I don't mind using yours, but I would prefer to take a path that leads me to a solution, instead of being testing different build to find what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

• Hi,

I'm trying to create a configuration for A95X and I have one problem. All buttons work fine except one. On the button with the globe symbol I assigned the TAB function. It should be action code 15 (0x41 15). This key should toggle the fullscreen player. But this button on my remote instead of this doing the same thing as "ESC" key.

So, I installed an addon keymap editor and when I press this button on my remote, it send code 61467. If I plug in a standard usb keyboard and press the TAB key, it send 61449. This TAB key on usb keyboard really do toggle fullscreen function. I also try to assigned "MUTE" function with code 113 to this remote button a this works fine. So I am sure I editing correct button.

Can anyone advise me? What is relation between action code specified in "input-event-codes.h" and keycodes that is visible in keymap editor addon?

Thanks,

Peter.

• First, let me say THANK YOU to ippon for this work. It is people like you that make the difference between happy users (with a remote that works) and grumpy, dejected users.

I bought a Henscoqi MXQ Pro 4 from Amazon to try and run LibreElec. (S905x/Penta-Core Mali-450/1G/8G). LibreElec booted from the SD card but only the power button worked on the remote. After reading (and re-reading) your instructions, I now have a fully functional remote. THANK YOU AGAIN.

For those of you who bought a similar box, here is the remote.conf file you can try...

remote.zip

• Hi all

I am trying to configure my Abox A1 remote in Libreelec.

I see the keypress in dmesg, so the HW is ok, but I have copied the remote.conf of my Android firmware straight to /storage/.config and reboot

The remote.conf support two factory (two remotes) and one is the correct one:

[ 53.053672@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xec13fe01

custom_begin

factory_infcode = 0

factory_code = 0xfe010001

but I still get wrong custom code, like the remote.conf is not included by lircd from /storage/.config

One think that I have noticed is that I don't have any /sys/class/rc etries (I mean the rc dir in /sys/class is just not present!), but I get keypress

What shall I check?

Thanks, bye

• Hi all

Nevermind, I got it working. The problem is that the reference remote.conf on this forum, has some non ANSI characters in it, that basically crash lircd. I got a plain one, modified and now it works

Bye

• Hi, nice tutorial, but I'm having problems from get go!

I have Wetek Play 2 and using kszaq 8.1.5 LE for 905. Works like a charm!

Problem I have is I open SSH via putty and type: /storage/.config - I get error

"-sh: /storage/.config: Permission denied"

When I type "dmesg –c" I get a load of text, but when I press remote key, nothing happens.

Please can you help?

• That's what you'd expect to see. What are you trying to do?

Um..create a custom remote.conf file for my LibreELEC on Wetek Play 2 .

Sorry, I don't mean to come across as sarcastic, but if that's to be expected, what is the guide for?

I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to LibreELEC, I managed to create a custom keymap file, but it seems that this does not work with kszaq's 8.1.5 build and hence the remote.conf. I'll admit, I don't understand!!!

• Um..create a custom remote.conf file for my LibreELEC on Wetek Play 2 .

Sorry, I don't mean to come across as sarcastic, but if that's to be expected, what is the guide for?

I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to LibreELEC, I managed to create a custom keymap file, but it seems that this does not work with kszaq's 8.1.5 build and hence the remote.conf. I'll admit, I don't understand!!!

Sorry, what I mean is:

When you type '/storage/.config' what are you trying to do? That's just the folder remote.conf should be in - looking at the first post the OP is just giving you an address, a place to stick the file, not an instruction to type. I can see how it's not clear if you're unfamiliar with putty / ssh.

Do you have a remote.conf that you want to stick in /storage/.config?

• Sorry, what I mean is:

When you type '/storage/.config' what are you trying to do? That's just the folder remote.conf should be in - looking at the first post the OP is just giving you an address, a place to stick the file, not an instruction to type. I can see how it's not clear if you're unfamiliar with putty / ssh.

Do you have a remote.conf that you want to stick in /storage/.config?

D'Oh! sorry - told you I was luddite! Ok...think I've got it now.

So I start with blank remote.conf file in '/storage/.config'? And then follow instructions from there?

thanks in advance for your help.

• I haven't needed to do this - but reading the OP it looks like you can either use the remote.conf in post #1 or use your own (after you've emptied the commands from it). Using the one from the OP sounds like the safer bet to me - less room for errors.

• I haven't needed to do this - but reading the OP it looks like you can either use the remote.conf in post #1 or use your own (after you've emptied the commands from it). Using the one from the OP sounds like the safer bet to me - less room for errors.

Thanks!