Justboom Digi Zero / Passthrough

• Fantastic job team, it worked!

I flashed the image as provided and imported a backup configuration to get some media ready, I found I still had to add the dtoverlay in the boot config to detect the soundcard but afterward I could then select "ALSA: snd_rpi,justboom_digi, S/PDIF" as an output which was a big clue to tell me things were working.

A few more settings later I could now select the passthrough device also as "ALSA: snd_rpi,justboom_digi, S/PDIF", I also found I had to enable AC3 transcoding in order for AC3 and other 5.1 media to properly go to each speaker.

Then the moment of truth...

Ta-da! We get signal!

Settings configured as follows;

• Perfect, glad to hear it!

Yes with the Digi Zero pHAT, it does not have an EEPROM on board, so you will still have to do the config.txt update to get it working.

I was testing with a Digi HAT, which does have the EEPROM so auto configures itself.

Your version seems to have a different menu system with a lot of extra options in the settings when compared to the beta I was testing with - maybe that's from the config update you did?

• Ah mine only appears different as I applied a different skin to it (Confluence). I did some more testing and things pretty much seem dead on, everything I threw at it that was 5.1 capable played perfectly and anything that was stereo only would upmix to all speakers.

All around great!

• Change "Settings Level" from Basic > Advanced > Expert in the bottom-left corner of the screen.

Aha, perfect!

Ah mine only appears different as I applied a different skin to it (Confluence). I did some more testing and things pretty much seem dead on, everything I threw at it that was 5.1 capable played perfectly and anything that was stereo only would upmix to all speakers.

All around great!

Fantastic news. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and thanks to all the LibreElec people for helping us to get these updates and test images pushed out so quickly.

• Hi,

I am having a similar problem with installing the Allo DigiOne card. I have no option to passthrough the ALSA, only through HDMI. Any way to get the Allo card working as well?

Thanks,