Posts by Chameleon

Okey dokey, here is the info;

Video 1
    wTLcqDU2

Media Player Classic says:

Code
    Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1440x1080 23.976fps [V: h264 high 10 L5.0, yuv420p10le, 1440x1080 [default]]
    Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo [A: Japanese 2.0 [jpn] (aac lc, 48000 Hz, stereo) [default]]
    Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo [A: English Dub [eng] (aac lc, 48000 Hz, stereo)]
    Subtitle: Advanced SubStation Alpha [S: English Subs [eng] (ass) [default]]
    Subtitle: UTF-8 [S: No subtitles]

Video 2
    8x7Kw1em

Media Player Classic says:

Code
    Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1440x1080 23.976fps [V: h264 high 10 L5.0, yuv420p10le, 1440x1080 [default]]
    Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo [A: Japanese 2.0 [jpn] (aac lc, 48000 Hz, stereo) [default]]
    Audio: AAC 48000Hz stereo [A: English 2.0 [eng] (aac lc, 48000 Hz, stereo)]
    Subtitle: Advanced SubStation Alpha [S: English Subs [eng] (ass) [default]]
    Subtitle: UTF-8 [S: No subtitles]

This is a strange problem as I don't know if it's a rendering issue, a codec/decoding issue, or just the nature of the Raspberry Pi.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi Zero to play media over SMB shares, and for the most part everything works flawlessly over Wi-Fi and Powerline Ethernet. However there is a small handful of animated shows which when played have a tiny bit of lag (at certain points the video will stop for a split second) or have severe pixelation in background colours/warping/mismatched colours/green corruption.

If I play them on my Windows PC with MPC they turn out fine, and I've another PC with a stable version of LibreELEC which also plays fine, so it's only the Pi with the problem.

Ah mine only appears different as I applied a different skin to it (Confluence). I did some more testing and things pretty much seem dead on, everything I threw at it that was 5.1 capable played perfectly and anything that was stereo only would upmix to all speakers.

All around great!

Fantastic job team, it worked!

I flashed the image as provided and imported a backup configuration to get some media ready, I found I still had to add the dtoverlay in the boot config to detect the soundcard but afterward I could then select "ALSA: snd_rpi,justboom_digi, S/PDIF" as an output which was a big clue to tell me things were working.

A few more settings later I could now select the passthrough device also as "ALSA: snd_rpi,justboom_digi, S/PDIF", I also found I had to enable AC3 transcoding in order for AC3 and other 5.1 media to properly go to each speaker.

Then the moment of truth...

Ta-da! We get signal!

Settings configured as follows;

Could you try passing through 5.1 audio using the 2.0 passthrough setting as suggested by Popcornmix in that thread? Or some of the other advice? One particular one that may help is commenting out the congfig.txt statement dtparam=audio=on by putting a # in front of it. Or put dtparam=audio=off in that file.

Thanks!

Just had a quick go at playing some videos with the audio output set to 2.0 only and it seems there still wasn't any passthrough, plus any video which used DTS encoding wouldn't play sound at all. The only other notable thing is that disabling passthrough would play anything in 2.0 at least.

I've also got the config.txt edited for the relevant overlay, this on the latest LibreELEC alpha build but I've done the same on all different OS/media players I've used;

I've recently got a Justboom Digi Zero and installed to a Raspberry Pi Zero, and after a bit of wrestling I managed to get the soundcard detected in LibreELEC (modifying the config.txt) and could get some sound out the toslink port. However what I'm after is using this to play movies and get 5.1 surround sound on a connected amp with speakers, I've used LibreELEC on a computer no problem, but the issue with using it on a Pi is that I cannot select the relevant passthrough device needed.

In the settings menu I can set the audio output to the Justboom card and at least get 2.0 sound from it (however no sound on anything that uses DTS or AC3), but the one issue I have is the passthrough device menu is greyed out and completely unselectable which is set to the default (PI: HDMI).

What's the word on Justboom compatibility? Is it possible to override this menu?