[S905/S905X] LE 7.0.x Boot issue test images

• So far, with the 104M0 FW, the Beelink has not stalled at boot time running the 32bit build of 7.0.3.011 (although it did take a little while for the issue to surface . . . We shall see)

. . . and considering the post immediately above, this is encouraging :)

20+ reboots rapid succession - not a hiccup :D

Equally promising result so far with 106M0 and 107M0 FW . . .

Since 108M0 is already confirmed bug-free, I'll skip that one :cool:

Edited once, last by Poida (January 6, 2017 at 6:47 AM).

• I can't find any websites to download this image, only found 104M0 (zip) and 106M0 (img).

That's fine for anyone that wants to 'convert' their box, as they can OTA up through all the builds after FW 104M0 / 106M0 is up and running running :cool:

• Alright, on my Nexbox MXQ 4K Pro (S905, 1 GB/8 GB, 100 MB) with 008 (64 bit) on SD card
    I installed:

g3b038ea

It rebooted and it seems to work more or less. The PVR addon is disabled for any unknown
    reason, other plugins, too, I believe.

Is the test build 32 bit maybe? What happens, if you install an 32 bit update on a 64 bit
    installation?

I still have a 008 64 bit installation on internal memory. What should I do, if I want to update
    with a 32 bit file in order to keep everything running fine?

Edited once, last by sYCO (January 6, 2017 at 12:19 PM).

• sYCO You can upgrade from 64-bit to 32-bit (and you will have to once I release 7.0.3.012). After switching you need to:

• login over ssh and run rm .kodi/addons/packages/*, then systemctl restart kodi
    • go to Addons menu, select LE addon repo and refresh it
    • reinstall any addon that is not working

• sYCO You can upgrade from 64-bit to 32-bit (and you will have to once I release 7.0.3.012). After switching you need to:

• login over ssh and run rm .kodi/addons/packages/*, then systemctl restart kodi
    • go to Addons menu, select LE addon repo and refresh it
    • reinstall any addon that is not working

Thank you very much. I will test this later on the SD card installation
    and wait for your 012 release in the future. :)

• OTA updates from 103L1 did persuade the MiniMX-G to boot LE from USB but all versions up to current froze within 6 reboots :(

Also tried custom build suggested by someone but that resulted in a black screen.

So far, haven't found any FW for this device that is not in the 10xL1 range.

The search for suitable Android FW for MiniMX-G continues . . .

Edited once, last by Poida (January 6, 2017 at 1:03 PM).

• Poida If you don't need CPU temperature readings, I will release two 7.0.3.012 variants: with and without it. In that case with and without freezes. ;)

I don't actually care if I can see the temp or not. So your releases are all welcome. :D

I'm only searching for Android FW that is not affected by this issue because I suspect that there are temp related safeguards built-in and am concerned that disabling the sensor might also disable these. ;)

More for the benefit of others who can't afford to take the chance :angel:

Edited once, last by Poida (January 6, 2017 at 1:19 PM).

• I have 3 Beelink branded MiniMXIII II (905X 2/16GB) boxes. 2 have a newer style remote.
    All 3 are running the 32bit 7.0.3.011 version installed to internal memory.
    All boxes are running great and everything seems to work (except bluetooth)
    No boot issues.

• Hi guys........I am tearing my hair out now......please can someone advise me if there is a fix for the boot issues with the Nexbox A95X S905 1gb/8gb as I thought there was but every build i try I cannot turn back on with the remote. Please can someone put me out of misery. Thanks

• Beelink is now challenging Nexbox as the number #1 contender for Stay Away Product.

That Beelink Mini MXIII II s905x is not even listed on their official website under products.

What's wrong with Nexbox? My A95X (S905X) boxes work perfectly, receive regular Android updates and they are reasonably responsive on their forums to issues. IDK if they were poor in the past, but I've only started using them recently and had no issues?

• S905 MRX box running M18/MX64 108L1 Android firmware. When I turn my box to boot LE on sdcard, I get the first "google" picture , it then dissapears, but instead of the LE logo appearing, the google boot image reaapears and the box gets stuck here. You need to unplug the power and try again. It works for me on average 1/4 boots.

Oh I so thankful I'm not the only one experiencing this. I feel like it started for me, right around the time of the 32 bit ARM builds were introduced. I've tried clean installs, and even tried reflashing android firmware, in case that had something to do with it.

I look forward to trying these LE versions and getting back to you with the results.

Thanks for all your incredibly hard work 'kszaq'!! These boxes would SUCK without you and others contributions.

• What's wrong with Nexbox? My A95X (S905X) boxes work perfectly

Unconnected reset button, is amongst the list. Until the 'dummy.zip' trick was discovered, making things like setting up LE on external media real difficult (and, of course, if you installed LE to internal, made life difficult to go back to Android).
    Also, broken U-BOOT causes issues waking from suspend for devs like Kzsaq

Maybe you got lucky ;)

• Checked the U-boot version from bootloader.img inside the custom android FW
    but i don't dare flashing the bootloader on my last working box..
    anyways it's U-Boot 2015.01-g8759eac (May 06 2016 - 14:40:59) versus
    U-Boot 2015.01-g937dd3a (Apr 20 2016 - 11:39:18) from minimx 107L

i tried and from LE it bricks the box, flashed stock 107L then flashed the CFW then LE. looked like it was fixed but around 5th reboot it hanged. Will stick to beelink uboot with temp disabled until minix users say its resolved for them.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (January 7, 2017 at 11:45 PM).

• Well my Minix box runs great WHEN it boots, but booting can sometimes be 10m+ ordeal so I've been leaving my box on.

Flashed gcb8de5f to internal, 10 boots in a row. I've NEVER gotten 2 boots in a row. It's always resulted in my having to pull power, HDMI, pray to the gods, sacrifice a chicken and maybe get a 2nd boot.

So this fix rocks. Now we need a Kodi 17 RC1 build . lol.

can you flash stock 011 minix u1 firmware and then install 012 with temp enabled?

Based on the changelog its fixes the boot issue, which means it should boot with temp build
    Official Release - NEO U1 FW011 - 20161201 | MINIX Forum - Official

Edited once, last by JonSnow (January 8, 2017 at 12:15 AM).