[S905/S905X] LE 7.0.x Boot issue test images

• So my 100 reboot test with 7.0.2.009 was successful that is the golden build for 64bit atm.

New Test for g3b038ea

MiniMX 2GB/16GB with Broadcom Wifi
    DTB file: gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

g3b038ea fresh installed to NAND

USB Airmouse Connected - used Kitty with autologin and shutdown - c, 50 reboots and no hangs

this version is def the winner
    [hr]

hey kostaman are you sure? All the MiniMX boxes 1GB/8GB or Mini MX v1.0 2GB/16GB boxes i have received all have had the teddy bear logo as they are Netxeon manufactured. Bee-link (the brand) gets the boxes made by Netxeon(the manufacturer), even all the firmwares v105L1 to v107L1 have the teddy bear on them.

I've bought various units from Gearbest and Geekbuying and same model. Some with Broadcom Wifi and others with Realtek Wifi (only the 1GB/8GB versions)

Edited once, last by kashmoney (January 4, 2017 at 3:44 AM).

• hey kostaman are you sure? All the MiniMX boxes 1GB/8GB or Mini MX v1.0 2GB/16GB boxes i have received all have had the teddy bear logo as they are Netxeon manufactured.

Correct you are.
    Just call them Beelink MiniMx Non branded. The Beelink Branded ones have the logo on the casing.
    It just helps those trying to help you, identify they have the same box.
    I knew your box after you mentioned the Welcome Bear. I have the same box. ;)

• Correct you are.
    Just call them Beelink MiniMx Non branded. The Beelink Branded ones have the logo on the casing.
    It just helps those trying to help you, identify they have the same box.
    I knew your box after you mentioned the Welcome Bear. I have the same box. ;)

hate to say it but ur thinking of the Beelink MiniMXIII (S905) or the Beelink MiniMXIII II (S905X).
    TBH i'm gonna continue calling it a Beelink MiniMX as i know where it came from and advertised as, as well as i have opened the unit to verify that it is the real deal.

• TBH i'm gonna continue calling it a Beelink MiniMX as i know where it came from and advertised as, as well as i have opened the unit to verify that it is the real deal.

All good.
    Just don't waste your time visiting the Beelink official site looking for this box or firmware as it doesn't exist and never has.
    My point is Beelink never released this Box with their Brand on it. Nexteon Board s905 Chip 1gb/8gb 2.4g wifi no Bluetooth.
    Real deal is not an issue here. None of these boxes are the real deal is how i look at them.
    And to be honest i have both the 1gb/8gb and 2gb/16gb with S905 chips. and i rate them very low in performance.
    Wifi is absolute crap and the ethernet randomly refuses to connect on cold boot only.

You might want to remove the sellers you posted too.
    Forum rules.

• Thank you everybody for testing. I have posted one more build to check. This time I enabled temperature sensor as kernel module - I would like to see if you are having issues when it's enabled that way.

Please also check if you're getting a short noise from speakers during LE logo showing on boot - I had this during my testing, maybe it's resolved in this image.

• MiniMx 1gb/8gb S905 Non Branded Beelink
    SD Card LE githash g3b038ea
    gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb 18-Dec-2016 16:54 39543

Updated to githash gcb8de5f

First boot up and it Updated with the short noise from speakers during LE logo showing on boot. I am running HDMI from box to TV.

I then did consecutive reboots and stopped at around 20 reboots.

The short noise happened 4 times and the box froze on boot up animation 4 times.
    It also froze 2 times with a blank screen after the boot animation.

During these Freezes the box was not visible in my Network.

I am sitting having a beer during a warm 30°C. (celsius) evening and my box is showing
    -1°C. (celsius) temperature reading.
    I will get my wife to take my temperature as something is not right. ;)

• Thank you kostaman.

Tests result: the reason behind freezing is outdated BL30 blob (a part of u-boot) that causes freezing during saradc initialization (S905 temperature sensor).

I guess I now have 3 ways to go:

• tell users to update their Android firmware - that would leave boxes with outdated/no-newer-version-available firmware frozen
    • disable temperature sensor in my builds
    • provide additional system image with temperature sensor disabled

• Thank you kostaman.

Tests result: the reason behind freezing is outdated BL30 blob (a part of u-boot) that causes freezing during saradc initialization (S905 temperature sensor).

I guess I now have 3 ways to go:

• tell users to update their Android firmware - that would leave boxes with outdated/no-newer-version-available firmware frozen
    • disable temperature sensor in my builds
    • provide additional system image with temperature sensor disabled

I would suggest option 3 but still recommend users to update their android firmware. I know I is extra hassle for you to compile.. if you wish I can help with that.

• I'm more than happy to update the Android firmware of my M18 (and MX64 which use the same firmware). Pity is I can't find it. Anyone also own those boxes using Android firmware newer than 106L1 (dated Mar 30, 2016)?

• i would say option 3 would be the best, 2nd option would be ok too as most people are not watching the cpu temperature in the system info menu
    the decision is yours, we will be happy no matter how you choose :)

• What is the current usage of the SoC temp readings? In the scenario that we will have separate builds without it, is there any risk that at some point it will became a missing dependency?

• Nice job finding out what was causing it! I can't imagine Beelink (or most other vendors) releasing another firmware update for devices they no longer manufacture, but personally I'm not that bothered about a temperature reading as long as there's no smoke coming out the back so whatever solution is easiest for you.

I believe nearly all s905 chip boxes will be left with no Android Updates as the Chinese are all jumping to s905x and newer.
    I know my MiniM8sPro s905 is now obsolete as far as trying to buy one so it is good luck with that one.
    It will be interesting to see if Beelink updates their Android s905's. Nexbox would be a sure "no way".
    The worst thing about all this is the s905 chip can run Marshmallow.
    But which seller is going to bother with that ??
    I am prepared to flash a working Android s905 firmware that is not for my box and see what happens.
    I have done it before. I just cannot see anyone who has a working S905 box with .011. to try it.
    If anyone reading this has an s905 box working without a freeze on .011 let us know.
    It's your call kszaq.