[S905/S905X] LE 7.0.x Boot issue test images

• Build LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0-devel-20170103162229-r23610-g3b038ea.img.gz
    Best so far. Hasn't stalled at all yet. Even rebooting in rapid succession hasn't caused it to hang (so far. . .) :D

• Build LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0-devel-20170103162229-r23610-g3b038ea.img.gz
    Best so far. Hasn't stalled at all yet. Even rebooting in rapid succession hasn't caused it to hang (so far. . .) :D

Best build here so far also on a Beelink MiniMX 1G/8G (S905)

21 successful consecutive rapid reboots - on the 22nd it failed on the Bear logo :dodgy:

• Just out of curiosity, are you sure that you have a Beelink MiniMX?
    Just seems a little surprising it boots with a Bear logo, instead of the Beelink logo :s

• Just out of curiosity, are you sure that you have a Beelink MiniMX?
    Just seems a little surprising it boots with a Bear logo, instead of the Beelink logo :s

When you put it like that, I guess I am NOT really sure about that :s

It was bought from Gear**** advertised as a Beelink MiniMX. The device itself only says Mini MX on the case.
    The CPU revision is: 020c (according to LibreELEC system info )

• Poida, my MiniMX, also bought from Gear**** boot with a Bear logo. Their newer products such as Mini MXIII and Mini MXIII II use the newer Beelink boot logo.

vzone, if your S905 revision is 020c, there shouldn't be any boot issues at all.

kszaq, test your 'Temperature Sensor disabled' build on my M18, no more boot issues! I guess there's a bug in the Amlogic processor. That's why they had a newer revision. I can read processor temperature on my Mini MXIII even with your Krypton build on Dec 4.

• Thank you. I'll look into fixing this.

OP updated with a new image to test. This time I left the kernel unmodified, I disabled temperature sensor.

g3b038ea is definitely a winner for me on beelink minimx rev 020B u-boot from fw L107, installe LE to nand and environment to default values
    also suspend.resume works fine from the original remote power-button
    thanks a lot!!

kszaq, alex (surkovalex) identified the temp sensor issue early in june, 2016. I can't recall if he left it unresolved or perhaps fixed it somehow..
    here's his repo, just in case you want to have a look:
    Commits · surkovalex/OpenELEC.tv · GitHub

ciao

Edited once, last by stormrev (January 3, 2017 at 7:16 PM).

• one question
    I have installed test version 20170102....gc3e054b.img.gz on sd card, like is said problem with reboot is still there
    now if I want install this latest release LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0-devel-20170103162229-r23610-g3b038ea.img.gz is it enough just put it in update folder and reboot box ?
    box is MiniMX 1GB/8GB also bought from Gear**** boot with a Bear logo

• vzone, if your S905 revision is 020c, there shouldn't be any boot issues at all.

Lots of (re)boot freezing issues on this device using LE 7.0.3.11 build which was released on Dec 18th.

Still testing using build githash g3b038ea :

I just completed 40 successful consecutive reboots without any freezing
    (I'm just a bit fed up right now) with approx at least 2 minutes waiting time between each reboot.

• May I ask what is your Android Firmware version?

The Android Firmware version of the device is 1.07L

But at some point in the 7.0.3.11 build discussion thread someone mentioned that in his experience the u-boot of Android Firmware 1.05L gave the most stable (re)boot result for LibreElec, so I followed his instructions and updated to the attached 1.05L bootloader.

However, I did not experience any difference so I later re-updated back ( I hope) to the bootloader from Android Firmware 1.07L

• Not sure it's related but stormrev's few post back reminds me to check the Android firmware version in addition to the processor revision. Both boxes (M18 and MX64) that have boot issues are on firmware 106L1. My MiniMX (processor rev 020b) of which I didn't find boot issue is on firmware 107L1. My Mini MXIII (s905 rev 020c 2G/8G) of which temperature sensor reading was available with kszaq's Krypton build on Dec 4 also on 107L1 (MINI MXIII_107L1 Apr 25 2016).

I can't find firmware version newer than 106L1 for my M18 or MX64, hence I can't say whether it's the underlying cause of boot issue.

Edited once, last by wkchick (January 3, 2017 at 8:18 PM).

• kszaq, alex (surkovalex) identified the temp sensor issue early in june, 2016. I can't recall if he left it unresolved or perhaps fixed it somehow..
    here's his repo, just in case you want to have a look:

Yeah, I now remember Alex told me about some issues some time ago... I will check if I can modify the driver a bit to make it possible to disable it if the box (or its firmware) doesn't like it.

• Bootloader is provided by device manufacturer, version numbering is also from them. "105L1" and "107L1" are Beelink-specific version numbers. I don't think you can check bootloader version in any reliable way, except when the vendor includes it in bootloader prompt - then you can read it using serial console.

• I will try to lookup this info in the update zip from vendor. Maybe there someone put something valuable. Nevertheless it looks like you will need different way to blacklist not LE friendly firmware/SoC (temp probe) - if this is the root cause of the (re)boot issues.

• Nexbox A95X S905 1GB/8GB
    SD Card LE Installation.
    As well as internal on same box.
    Updated from g5207357
    To githash g3b038ea
    gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb 18-Dec-2016 16:54 39375
    USB Mouse receiver plugged into USB Port
    Box using LAN

Merry Christmas 2017
    Fixed. I have done 30 reboots one after the other without waiting.
    No Freezes.
    I will wait for 64bit release to test MiniM8sPro S905 2gb/8gb
    I have my other MiniMx 1gb/8gb Non Branded Beelink running Krypton, so i will report back on that as well when fix is available. :D
    EDIT: Just run SD Card LE githash g3b038ea gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb 18-Dec-2016 16:54 39543
    on this MiniMx and confirm no Freezes.
    [hr]

When you put it like that, I guess I am NOT really sure about that :s

It was bought from Gear**** advertised as a Beelink MiniMX. The device itself only says Mini MX on the case.
    The CPU revision is: 020c (according to LibreELEC system info )

You have a MiniMx Non Branded Version. From now on try to name it as that.
    This confusion has been around since the beginning of LE.

Edited once, last by kostaman (January 4, 2017 at 12:49 AM).

• ... I will check if I can modify the driver a bit to make it possible to disable it if the box (or its firmware) doesn't like it.

I'm just throwing it out there (since it's way out of my league) but, is there a chance that the temp sensor can be enabled at a different point and avoid the hang?