7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• Edited once, last by J.stam.84 (December 18, 2016 at 8:44 PM).

• * If you use S905X device with TV without HDR support the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video.

Can anyone describe the user experience with this bug ?. Does it bother ?.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Mini M8s II 2Gb/8GB
    Just installed the 32 bit v11 build from scratch (not an upgrade)

all working smoothly. Experienced some audio synch issues (passthrough audio) until de-interlacing turned OFF ... then all synch's ok

No need for echo 1 > /sys/module/amvdec_h264/parameters/error_recovery_mode any more

thanks kszaq

Edited once, last by redger (December 18, 2016 at 9:13 PM).

• Just tried a clean install from SD card of the 32 Bit build on MiniMX V1 S905 (2G/16G) , unfortunately the boot faiilure issue is still there...

I also performed a clean install from SD card of the very latest (updated) 32 Bit build on a Beelink MiniMX v1 S905 (1G/8G). I am also experiencing boot failure issues.

At the most I was able to do 3 consecutive succesful reboots (failed on the 4th reboot), whereas other times it failed on the 2nd reboot.

UPDATE: Reflashed (using pinhole method) from SD card using 64bit version on same device, and still boot failure issues. Now I was able to reboot 5 successful consecutive times at the most (6th reboot failed).

UPDATE #2: Reflashed again from SD card with the previous LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161212161011-r23559-gd4fc4f6 development version, and now I have so far not experienced any boot failure issues. 20 successful consecutive reboots.

Edited once, last by vzone (December 18, 2016 at 10:19 PM).

• Thank you for the LibreELEC adaptation on the SoC S905, my Beelink MiniMXIII TV Box 1000M gets so much higher value for me and runs meanwhile more often than my Nvidia Shield TV;)

However, I'm not sure if I should use device tree "gxbb_p201_2G.dtb" or "gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb". I would be grateful for help :)

• unfortunately the boot faiilure issue is still there...

Still there on one of my MiniMX clones too (the other is OK)

The Beelink now hangs on a black screen, immediately after the boot screen has gone off, with this build but didn't seem to have a problem with build .010

Edited once, last by Poida (December 19, 2016 at 4:23 AM).

• Thank you for the LibreELEC adaptation on the SoC S905, my Beelink MiniMXIII TV Box 1000M gets so much higher value for me and runs meanwhile more often than my Nvidia Shield TV;)

However, I'm not sure if I should use device tree "gxbb_p201_2G.dtb" or "gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb". I would be grateful for help :)

You will most likely require the latter over the former. What are you currently using?

• Just this weekend I installed build 010 to SD card and it appears to be running great, thanks a lot kszaq!

I don't want to install LibreELEC to NAND so I can still boot to Android whenever needed. So I just want to make sure I got the updating procedure right if I want to keep running it from SD card. Are these the steps?

Code
    $ cd /storage/.update
    $ wget "http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.3.011/LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.011.img.gz"
    $ wget "http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.3.011/device_trees/gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb" #(or whichever version is relevant for your particular box)
    $ mv gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb dtb.img
    $ reboot

Or I could put the img.gz file and device tree file in the update folder through SAMBA and then reboot from the LibreELEC GUI for the same result I guess.

And what is the differences between the img.gz file and the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.3.011.zip file by the way?

• Mini M8s II 2Gb/8GB
    Just installed the 32 bit v11 build from scratch (not an upgrade)

all working smoothly. Experienced some audio synch issues (passthrough audio) until de-interlacing turned OFF ... then all synch's ok

No need for echo 1 > /sys/module/amvdec_h264/parameters/error_recovery_mode any more

thanks kszaq

Where do you disable de-interlacing? Can't seem to find it anywhere in the settings or in the vide OSD..

• Where do you disable de-interlacing? Can't seem to find it anywhere in the settings or in the vide OSD..

From memory - When the video is playing, press <m> for menu, go to the video icon, select and then select deinterlacing and set off. At the bottom of the list, click on "set as default for all videos"