7.0.3.011 build for S905/S905X

• Can you post again the result of df -h?
    In you previous post was...

Code
    1. /dev/mmcblk1p1 511.7M 146.2M 365.5M 29% /flash
    2. /dev/mmcblk1p2 1.4G 1.3G 0 100% /storage

/dev/mmcblk1 should be a SD with 2 partitions, p1 and p2

The flash and storage running from NAND should looks like

Code
    1. /dev/system 975.9M 125.1M 834.8M 13% /flash
    2. /dev/data 4.6G 150.1M 4.4G 3% /storage

• I make some pretty dumb mistakes .. but this isn't one of them, lol.

This is me .. eating my words .. I make dumb mistakes and this IS one of them.

Thank you both. The problem wasn't that an SD card was in the box...

The problem was that I was SSH'ed into an entirely different box that was indeed running from SD, due to problems with these no-reset boxes and moving them around so much.

Boy do I feel stupid, thanks for being patient with me :-).

• Thanks a lot for. 12 build kszaq. Are you going to open a new thread for that or should we report bugs in this thread itself?

• Thread created. It always takes me some time to create release notes and review the whole post before publishing. ;)

• I want to stick to generic device trees. So far it seems that every box can use one from the trees I provide. Creating a new device tree is very time consuming because you need to decompile dtb, find dtb from earlier kernel version that you can compare it with, compare manually and manually insert every change. These boxes do not provide any hardware ID that you can rely on to load a proper device tree.

Got it. Thanks for the update, and the info :-)

Any idea how different S905 boxes share identical boot.img's, with different sized internal storage and RAM? I have a box that does this, with its lower spec'd sibling. Which is what lead me to believe that uBoot supports at least some auto detection during boot.

- Beelink M18 / S905 / 2GB / 16GB / 1Gbit
    - Stock Android 5.1.1 on 16GB Internal
    - LibreELEC 8.2.x [kszaq] on 32GB Samsung Evo+ microSD

• Any idea how different S905 boxes share identical boot.img's, with different sized internal storage and RAM? I have a box that does this, with its lower spec'd sibling. Which is what lead me to believe that uBoot supports at least some auto detection during boot.

The u-boot can select DTB based on board name (e.g. "gxbb_p200", "gxl_p212") and RAM size ("1g", "2g").
    linux-amlogic/gxbb_p200.dts at amlogic-3.14.y · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub
    linux-amlogic/gxbb_p200_2G.dts at amlogic-3.14.y · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub

You don't need to specify internal memory size as it is automatically detected at runtime and data partition is always marked as "the rest of chip size":
    linux-amlogic/gxbb_p200.dts at amlogic-3.14.y · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub

• Thanks for your help with this. Its going to be a few days before I can try this out, as I am packing for a move.

Checked it out today at the new digs. Works great and thanks very much.

MXIII-G, M8 and Beeklink MXIII Plus LE 8.2.2 - Demetris, Mecool M8S Pro+/Abox A1, Abox A1 Max Coreelec 9.0.2. Thanks to all.

• Ok I see, so my sister box must use an identical partition layout, except for /data. All coming together now :-)

Thank you again for entertaining my curiosity, and dev'ing an awesome beta!

- Beelink M18 / S905 / 2GB / 16GB / 1Gbit
    - Stock Android 5.1.1 on 16GB Internal
    - LibreELEC 8.2.x [kszaq] on 32GB Samsung Evo+ microSD

• I tried to revert back to an Android ROM today but now my device is unusable and I need help trying to recover it (if possible).
    My device is a Sunvell T95X device with S905X chipset and 1 GB Ram / 100 Mbit Ethernet.

I flashed the Android ROM via SD-Card and toothpick method. I saw the Android dude and a progress bar.
    When the progress bar was filled up, the box shut itself down but it didn't boot.

When I try to turn on the box with my remote control, the light does not change colour (stays red (it's blue when power's on)) and there is no video output.
    Plugging the power cable in and out does not change anything either, still the red light.

After that I tried to flash other images (LibreElec included) via SD-Card but light does not change to blue, there's no video output and box does not boot.
    I also tried the Amlogic USB Burning Tool but the Box is not recognised, light again not blue.

Anyone's got an idea how to recover my box?
    Thanks in advance.

Edit: Problem solved.

Edited once, last by hummel95 ().

• What is your device and what device tree did you put on the SD card (the dtb.img file)? This error is an indication that the wrong device tree is used.

Wetek Hub: LibreElec 8.2.3.1 (Philips 42PFL8404)
    MK808B+: LibreElec 7.0.2.7 (Samsung UE55H6270)
    OTT MXQ Pro 4k (S905): LibreElec 7.0.3.12k (Denon X1200W, 7.1, LG PF1500G)
    AKASO HM8 (S905X): CoreElec 9.0 dev build, Acer Revo 3610: Milhouse test