RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• hi

how would i enable uvcvideo ? is it just a case of

un comment CONFIG_USB_VIDEO_CLASS
    and add =y or =m ? and rebuld ?

also is there a way i can just compile the kernel.img again with out all the emu station and kodi ?

cheers

• I'm unfamiliar with ucvideo, so can't comment on that. You can absolutely clone my github and build yourself. At the moment you would need to comment out the emulators in the "oem" package of your target, but I've been thinking to make it a configurable option like EMULATORS="yes/no".

I've just uploaded new builds, and now I include SABnzbd, Transmission and Sonarr.

To start them do "systemctl enable service ; systemctl start service" in SSH, where service is either "transmission", "sabnzbd" or "sonarr".

Transmission: libreelec:9091
    SABnzbd: libreelec:9092
    Sonarr: libreelec:8989

Hopefully useful to others who want more from their HTPC's :)

I've packaged Emby as well, but I'm having some build issues with one of the dependencies for RPi. For Generic it works fine, but after trying it I much prefer Plex. Anybody know if it would be OK license wise to include it in a LE community build?

• excellent, your builds are cool..
    the uvcvideo is basically webcam drivers built into the kernel. what i want to do is change the kernel config and rebuild just the kernel. i wasnt asking for you to build it. ill do it i just need a little instruction. have a clone of your repo and found the kernel options file,, just a case of rebuilding just the kernel. but i dont know how to specify just the kernel

• Maybe my wording was wrong I meant you can absolutely build in an encouraging way :P Kernel config is in project/"target"/linux. You'll need to build the entire image, so will take a while.

• Actually, the design is quite genius and the reason a lot of people like OE/LE. It lets you upgrade the entire system safely with one file. It's also a good idea security wise as the base system is read-only. Building is quite simple and once you have built it it's easy to recompile just the kernel. What options do you need? If they are useful maybe a PR could be made, but I can enable it in my builds anyways.

• so basically with microsft actually doing and update to skype for linux ( albeit no video calls as yet) i was going to add chrome and jitsi but i think ill stick with skype. problem is we will need uvcvideo enabled in the kernel i think its CONFIG_USB_VIDEO_CLASS=y or m whichever. v4l2 is enabled but it still does not recognize my v4l camera without the uvcvideo config

so im thinking adding skype the same sort of way you have emulationstation. basically its so my mum and dad dont have to wire up their laptop everytime to use skype since microsoft/samsung pulled the app from the samy tvs.
    it makes sense to try and use the rpi3 as they already have it.

i tried make menuconfig but this doesnt exist... ill just build it (already started)

this could all come crashing down if i cant find a skype that works on arm though however skype web works ok still no video calling yet though, i think it would probably be easier to get chrome working and use jitsi.si or google hangout possibly

• Thanks again escalade!!

I've downloaded your last build 20160715, and transmission, sonarr & sabnzdb are enabled.
    Now i wish to add "couchpotato" and "headphones", for movies and music.
    How i have to do to activate them?

Only " systemctl enable" and "systemctl start" the services "couchpotato" and "headphones"?
    or i need to do something else?

• I'm just getting started/learning about Docker. I've been a user of another open source media center that I have had mixed results in adding emulators too. I really like the direction you are taking this one in but am looking to add another 1-2 applications to have my ideal system.

As I was researching how to build docker images, I stumbled upon some Docker Base images that are very minimal. alpine

Have you explored these as opposed to the Arch ones you are currently using?

Lastly, thanks for building this, making it available, keeping it updated, and opening my eyes to new possibilities with Docker.

• Sorry, no. I'll probably stay with LE8 a while once it's branched. With that said, this alpha is quite stable. I've been on Krypton for a couple of months and it's worked great for me.

• New builds uploaded.

For Generic image there's an interesting update: Vulkan Intel support! To use it, simply switch to the Vulkan video driver in RetroArch settings (restart of RetroArch required).

I've made some adjustments so that by default RetroArch will now run in OpenGL/X11 mode by default, this should work with most configurations. If your GPU supports KMS, you can enable it for Retroarch like this:

Code
    # touch /storage/.config/retroarch/kms

This simply creates the file "kms", which the launcher script will check for and make adjustments accordingly. Remember to remove it if you like to use Vulkan or OpenGL again.

Other notable updates:
    - X.org 1.18.4
    - Freetype 2.6.4 (has subpixel hinting by default)
    - RetroArch and dependencies updated to latest git

Edited once, last by escalade (July 20, 2016 at 2:23 PM).

• escalade In your latest build emulationstation is broken becaus of

Code
    emulationstation: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libfreeimage.so.3: undefined symbol: png_init_filter_functions_neon

And I had to add dtparam=audio=on to config.txt to get sound with retroarch.
    Besides those two issues it's working quite well.

• I've uploaded a new build that fixes the Emulationstation issue. My build already has dtparam=audio=on in config.txt, so I assume you upgraded from a different build than mine. If you had done a reinstall then you would have it there by default.