RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• When you write I should try that command in ssh, is it just copy/paste the line or should i go to /storage/.config/autostart.sh and then use the command: echo "rm /var/run/xorg-configure.done && /usr/lib/xorg/xorg-configure nvidia-legacy"?

Also, I can't find a new logfile in the logfiles folder. The newest is from 10 days ago..?

And regarding me buying newer equipment is definitely a possibility, but I shouldn't have to use money on it when I just need to make out what tiny error that brakes it. I'll never understand the consumermentality...

EDIT:

I just tried to use the line you gave me, and it worked. Thank you, you genius!

And I didn't have to buy more stuff. Well done. :)

Could this be implemented somehow in your build?

• Here's the udev rule that decides whether or not you have an nvidia card: LibreELEC.tv/96-nvidia.rules at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Any device with vendor id 0x10de will be treated as an nvidia card, then any card not listed with an id will get the legacy driver. I'm assuming your older ION gpu has a different vendor id, but that doesn't really explain why it works for you in vanilla LE.

If you access the logfiles share through smb a new logfile should have been generated, as the script "createlog" is run on each access and that's what put the logfiles in there. I was interested in the pci id of your card, I guess the output of "lspci -nn" should be sufficient as well.

• New build 20170526:

Code
    - Linux 4.11.3
    - Added fix for NVIDIA GT1030 autodetection

Forgot to post about yesterday's 20170525 build, which had Kodi 17.3 and SABnzbd 2.0.1.

• escalade - Q: is your build same as LibreELEC 8.0 line. Will it have all the same dvb drivers etc.

Q: can u auto update ?

Q: why would the TV not come back on after exiting retroarch , mode setting issue ? It's one of those weird semi-HD TV's w/ strange reso

• 1. It's based on LE8, but has lots of changes. All the drivers are included, also I use an updated display driver stack (i.e. updated mesa and kernel).

2. No.

3. I have the same issue some times, switching to a different source on the AVR and then back gives me back the picture though. I believe this bug is with the intel ddx driver, possibly a workaround could be to use the X.org modesetting driver. Or disable the use of KMS as described on the first page.

• I used your command and got this:

Looks like they all use 10de:xxxx.

EDIT:

Well, it worked alright to get into Kodi, but now I keep getting an http error when trying to stream..? Without the autostart.sh I can't boot Kodi, but with it, it seems sluggish, not able to use addons and when I close Retroarch or ES it won't recognize keyboardpresses, only mouse until a reboot.

I have attached the log.zip of it bootlooping (is thats what its called?) when it fails to start Xorg Server if you wanted to look at it. when executing systemctl status xorg.service I get this:

● xorg.service - Xorg Server

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/xorg.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)

Active: activating (start) since Fri 2017-05-26 16:34:19 CEST; 27s ago

Main PID: 1607 (xorg-launch-hel)

CGroup: /system.slice/xorg.service

└─1607 xorg-launch-helper -nolisten tcp vt01 -s 0 -noreset -allowMouseOpenFail

May 26 16:34:19 LibreELEC xorg-launch[1607]: (EE)

May 26 16:34:19 LibreELEC xorg-launch[1607]: Fatal server error:

May 26 16:34:19 LibreELEC xorg-launch[1607]: (EE) no screens found(EE)

May 26 16:34:19 LibreELEC xorg-launch[1607]: Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support

May 26 16:34:19 LibreELEC xorg-launch[1607]: at X.Org

May 26 16:34:19 LibreELEC xorg-launch[1607]: for help.

May 26 16:34:19 LibreELEC xorg-launch[1607]: (EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.

May 26 16:34:20 LibreELEC xorg-launch[1607]: (EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.

• First of all, thanks for all your work on this. I've been looking for a way to get LibreELEC working with emulators. On that note I have a couple questions.

Is it possible to get a shortcut to Chrome/Emulators on other, non-Estuary skins? I don't mind too much if it's a favorite or an add-on as long as I can start it from somewhere in the menus.

Second, I'm having a problem with my Bluetooth game controller with the emulators. When I start that program, whether it's EmulationStation or RetroArch, it stops picking up the Bluetooth controller. If I try to configure it, it says there's no controller detected. My Bluetooth keyboard continues to work fine. The Bluetooth controller works within LibreELEC itself, for navigating menus and such. The controller works when wired as well. Unfortunately I'm not sitting close enough for a wired controller to be practical.

The controller is a Gamesir G3s and the computer is the NUC6i3SYK. I'm happy to post any relevant logs.

• Riverman

Sure, you can add your own shortcuts to launch retroarch.sh or emulationstation.sh. As for gamecontrollers, I have ds4 and that's what I'm supporting. You're on your own setting up something else, as long as it's paired and picked up by the kernel as a normal HID device it should configure in any app.

Rytterdahl

Doesn't look like the X server is configured properly as it's not trying to load the nvidia module. Have a look at the script that was put in your autostart.sh to see how it works and perhaps you can figure it out.

• escalade

Thanks for your incredible work. I've been running your build for a couple of months and it's working great on my Tronsmart X5 Ara Plus, with an Intel Atom x5-Z8300.

I just upgraded from the version a couple of weeks ago, and the HDMI sound is coming out all garbled and with delay. Any ideas why?

It was working well just 2 weeks ago.

Thanks!

• Yeah, I have the same box and noticed the same thing. Wonder if it's got to do with the upgrade to 4.11. It seems PCM is broken, but on the plus side passthrough is now working (if you have a receiver that is).

• Mmm... it's plugged directly into my TV... I'll see if enabling passthrough makes any improvement for me. For now I've plugged in a set of external speakers on the analog output.

• I just updated from v7.0.3 to v8.0.2 x86_64 Generic and it doesn't like my nvidia gfx at all it seems. This is from the dmesg:

NVRM: The NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 GPU installed in this system is

[ 8.821004] NVRM: supported through the NVIDIA 304.xx Legacy drivers. Please

[ 8.821004] NVRM: visit Unix Drivers | NVIDIA for more

[ 8.821004] NVRM: information. The 340.102 NVIDIA driver will ignore

[ 8.821004] NVRM: this GPU. Continuing probe...

[ 8.821015] NVRM: No NVIDIA graphics adapter found!

Here is the output from lspci:

00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2)

So I am guessing the nvidia 304.xx driver has been removed from v8.0.x? I tried some of the methods mentioned above, even removing the autostart.sh file to no avail. :( I know this is old hardware, but the 304.xx driver is still fairly common, is it not?

• LE8 switched to 340.xx legacy drivers, older cards won't work. 304.xx is simply not included anymore. I doubt it will be added either as it would add a lot of bulk to the image.

• LE8 switched to 340.xx legacy drivers, older cards won't work. 304.xx is simply not included anymore. I doubt it will be added either as it would add a lot of bulk to the image.

Humm, not the news I wanted to hear, but I do understand it. Let me just throw this out there: What about offering it as an optional addon? Or better yet, maybe someone could write a guide on how to compile the 304.xx and install it for LibreElec themselves? I am familiar with building the nvidia driver on Fedora, but would not have any idea where to start to build for LE.

The only other option I can see would be to just install a minimal Linux dist (Fedora, Debian) and just run Kodi from there on boot. I hate to retire this box, as it is still kinda respectable hardware. 64bit AMD dual core with 8gb RAM. I guess I could also just put a newer gfx card into it....or just stick with LE7 until the plugins stop working lol.

Thanks for your reply escalade.

• I guess it could be done. An udev rule could say identify older legacy gpu's by pci id and automatically download an addon with the drivers. Would't work without an internet connection though and seems like not an ideal approach. Also I think nobody (in ELEC world) cares enough about that old gpus. I'm just speculating though, better go ask in the feature request section.

Guide how to use the older drivers:

1. Follow official instructions how to get the source of LE8

2. Modify packages/x11/driver/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy/package.mk and downgrade the version

2. Scour the internet and find info on what patches are needed for compiling with 4.9 kernel and then put them in packages/x11/driver/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy/patches/

3. Build

Very simplified but that's basically it :)

• Are the Kodi GUI sounds on LibreELEC Community meant to be different from vanilla LE?

I've noticed on both a RPi and Generic (X64) build that the GUI Sounds are different under a LibreELEC build.

Is this the audio drivers, or have the skin sounds been updated?

Either way, is there a way to use the original GUI sounds?

Thanks.