Posts by kidhazy

I'm using an RPi4 running a custom LibreELEC (ST): RR-20230215-6a5ed68 11.0 build.

The LibreELEC Add-on is v10.80.12. (repository.libreelec.tv v10.80.12)

This no longer exists on https://addons.libreelect.tv

So any attempt to install from the repo or update the repo fails.

Code
    <https://addons.libreelec.tv/10.80.12/ARMv8/arm/addons.xml.gz.sha256> Failed with code 404

I can't figure out how to update/install the LibreELEC addon repo to point to the latest https://addons.libreelec.tv/11.80.2/ARMv8/arm/

Any guidance?

Thanks.

Update:

I think I've worked around the problem by manually updating a copy of the repo addon based on info from here

Code

Code
    cp -a /usr/share/kodi/addons/repository.libreelec.tv/ /storage/.kodi/addons/
    sed -i 's|10.80.12|11.80.2|g' /storage/.kodi/addons/repository.libreelec.tv/addon.xml
    systemctl restart kodi

I guess until I get an updated custom build that's the best way?

I checked the codec of the snaps and they're YUV420.

Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 224x384 [SAR 9:7 DAR 3:4], 472 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 11988 tbn, 59.94 tbc (default)

Looks like it was format issue.

Whilst the original video previews had been converted (about 1 year ago - ffmpeg v4.2.4) from YUV44 using "ffmpeg -i <<input_file>> -pix_fmt yuv420p <<output_file>>" resulting in format:

Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 224x384 [SAR 9:7 DAR 3:4], 472 kb/s, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 11988 tbn, 59.94 tbc (default)

They wouldn't play.

Reconverting the yuv444 source videos with a new install of ffmpeg v4.4 "ffmpeg -i <<input_file>> -pix_fmt yuv420p <<output_file>>" they now result in format:

Stream #0:0(und): Video: mpeg4 (Simple Profile) (mp4v / 0x7634706D), yuv420p, 224x384 [SAR 9:7 DAR 3:4]

This format does play under EmulationStation albeit a bit 'blockier' than the h264 format - but at least it's playing for now (I'll play around with ffmpeg to see how high I can push the resolution)

Edit: Added the qscale option improved the quaility:

"ffmpeg -i <<input_file>> -pix_fmt yuv420p -qscale:v 0 <<output_file>>"

So I got the audio from the Video Snaps (Video Previews) working by RTFM PulseAudio for Video Previews but I still can't see video.

es_settings.cfg is set not to use the OMX player

<bool name="VideoOmxPlayer" value="false" />

What does emulationstation use when not the omx player? (VLC? libvlc)

I checked the codec of the snaps and they're YUV420.

Anyone got any pointers?

Thanks.

Hey SupervisedThinking thank you for this image. I had previously had a RetroELEC image all working fine on my RPi4, but the LibreElec image was getting a bit old, so great to be 'up-to-date'.

I've just got a small issue getting my video snaps working in EmulationStation.

I'm using the mp4 that were working under EmulationStation in RetroELEC.

The directory structure I'm using is:

Code
    /storage/.config/graphics/arcade/snap/<<rom>>.mp4

The boxes and wheel/marque all work fine, but the snaps don't play (no video or audio).

I'm using the "es-theme-ComicBook_SE-Wheelart-master" theme which worked in the RetroELEC image.

I've been trying to figure out what drives the videos within EmulationStation for the snaps.

Anyone got video snaps working within ES in this image?

Thanks.

Am I missing something basic here? I just installed the GameStarter repo as pointed to from GitHub - bite-your-idols/Gamestarter: Retrogaming kodi add-on repository for LibreELEC

(This is on a RPi4 running Libreelec 9.97.1)

The repo installs. When I go to select to install the other components from the GameStarter repo - all it lists is the "Add-on repository" category pointing to the GameStarter repo .

Looking at the repo xml it appears to be correct, and the URLs are up.

Any idea why I'm not seeing the contents from the Repo to install?

Thanks.

I've been running LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.97.1.img.gz on an early RPi4 (2GB Board b03111) all fine with a USB attached keyboard.

I just bought a new RPi4 (2GB Board b03114) and just swapped the SD card into the new box - but the USB attached keyboard (and wifi) won't work.

I booted up Raspberry Pi OS and the keybaord and wifi both work fine.

I updated the bootloader and firmware whilst in Raspberry Pi OS to the lastest.

Tried to boot again into 9.97.1 and the USB keyboard still doesn't work.

Dropping back to a 9.2.6 Libreelec the USB keyboard works fine.

I also tried a brand-new install of 9.97.1 and it wouldn't recognise the keyboard at the first screen.

What may I be missing in Libreelec 9.97.1 that's stopping the USB keyboard connecting?

(I haven't got easy ethernet access for the RPi yet to try ssh)

Thanks.

Running LibreELEC 9.2.6 (on RPi 3 and 4) I find that if I use Airplay via an iPhone to play some music (and 'Allow Volume Control' is enabled in AirPlay Service Settings) I find that when I disconnect from AirPlay that the overall volume in the LibreELEC/Kodi system has been turned down, and I need to go into the Audio Settings when I start a movie and put the volume back up to 0.0 dB.

Is there a setting I'm missing that will allow me to play Airplay and control the volume on my phone, but when Airplay disconnects the volume returns to the previous level (typically 0.0 dB) ?

Thanks.

I'm also starting to play with the latest Generic build on a laptop that is connect to an external screen via a DisplayPort to HDMI cable.

On boot up I get the RetroELEC boot splash screen on both Laptop and external screens.

It boots up into Kodi, but only the Laptop screen is enabled, and I can't see anywhere in the Kodi System Video settings to change displays.

If I switch to Desktop I get the display on both screens.

I tried a different laptop today with an external HDMI monitor. Same issue. Kodi doesn't see external screen, and no sway service available whilst Kodi running. When desktop is active, the display is spanned across the 2 displays.

Anyone able to run the latest generic build on a laptop external display?

Thanks.

I'm also starting to play with the latest Generic build on a laptop that is connect to an external screen via a DisplayPort to HDMI cable.

On boot up I get the RetroELEC boot splash screen on both Laptop and external screens.

It boots up into Kodi, but only the Laptop screen is enabled, and I can't see anywhere in the Kodi System Video settings to change displays.

If I switch to Desktop I get the display on both screens.

If I switch to RetroArch the laptop screen is active, but I can activate the external screen by switching to display #2, but it reverts to the laptop screen when I launch a MAME game.

On the generic LibreELEC build I used to use xrandr commands to active the external screen and disable to laptop screen, but xrandr doesn't appear to be in the RetroELEC build.

Is sway meant to replace xrandr ???

I found the sway config and did some reading, but when I was booted into Kodi I couldn't get info on sway

Code
     RetroELEC (community): devel-20200716014709 (Generic.x86_64)
    LibreELECusb:~ # swaymsg -t get_outputs
    00:00:00.000 [common/ipc-client.c:67] Unable to connect to /run/sway.sock

Is there a set of commands (possibly to put in an autostart.sh) that can control/force external displays in the various environments for Kodi, RetroArch, MAME, Desktop ?

Thanks.

Comparing the RPi4 and generic x86 builds I've noticed that when switching between environments (LibreELEC/ES/MAME) on the x86 build it quickly switches to the desktop screen (with the car background) as it transitions between systems.

I don't see that transition on the RPi4 build.

Is that just a quirk on the generic x86 build, or is it something that can be configured to just display blank during the transition?

I notice this when: selecting EmulationStation menu item in LibreELEC; Starting a MAME2003plus game within ES; exiting game/Retroarch and returning to ES. I don't notice it when I leave ES and Start Kodi via the ES menu.

This is version 20200716014709 of the Generic.x86_64 build.

Cheers.

Resolved: Found mame2003_plus core here http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/x86_64/ Manual download and copy worked.

Is it possible to get MAME2003_Plus core installed and working on the x86 Generic build?

I've got a working RetroELEC build on a RPi4 with MAME2003_Plus ROMs and config. I was looking to see if I could easily transfer/build it on to a spare laptop.

I've installed RetroELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2-devel-20200716014709 build, but it doesn't have a MAME2003_plus core.

I'm looking to reuse my existing MAME2003_plus ROMs (on a shared NAS), so looking to get the 2003_plus core installed on the generic build rather than a different set of ROMs.

Is this possible?

The RetroArch Online Updater interface on RetroELEC doesn't show the option to download cores, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere to download.

Cheers.

Has anyone had any luck trying to install the scraper Skyscraper GitHub - muldjord/skyscraper: Powerful and versatile game scraper written in c++ on RetroELEC on a RPI4 build?

Given the RPi4 image is fairly locked down I couldn't do the manual apt-get install, and I couldn't get the wget install working either.

I've just started to get back into retro gaming and want to get some of the Video Snaps to jazz up the EmulationStation frontend and SkyScraper appears to be one of the easy ways to scrape for the videos for the Mame games.

Cheers.

I m sure few posts back on this thread bite_your_idols was trying to get ES to work with RPi 4 with no success...on the other hand AEL and RA works fine and you can set them up with all the bells and whistles i.e artwork etc..

edit it's post #1069

Ah thanks. I wasn't quite sure if RPi4 was fully supported. I got RA working with the manual config change. I'd just switched over from the RetroELEC build which has ES, RA working on RPi4, so I'm sure it's possible. I'll just wait it out.

Cheers.

I've just done a new install of Gamestarter on my RPi4 LibreELEC 9.2.3 install and get the same error when trying to start EmulationStation.

EmulationStation is installed from GameStarter repository and is v8.201.1

emulationstation_debug.log shows:

Code
    ConfigPath /storage/.config/emulationstation
    lvl0:     Error creating SDL window!
        Could not create GLES window surface
    lvl0:     Renderer failed to initialize!
    lvl0:     Window failed to initialize!

emulationstation.log shows:

Code
    EmulationStation [ADDON] :: Sat Jul 25 17:24:51 AEST 2020
    ============================================================
    EmulationStation [ADDON] :: Firts Run!
    EmulationStation [ADDON] :: RPi
    EmulationStation [ADDON] :: Kodi is ready.
    EmulationStation [ADDON] :: RPi4.arm-9.2.3 - Sat Jul 25 17:24:55 AEST 2020
    EmulationStation [ADDON] :: Stop kodi...
    EmulationStation [ADDON] :: Launch EmulationStation (See process output in emulationstation_debug.log)
    EmulationStation [ADDON] :: Set LC_ALL=C
    EmulationStation [ADDON] :: Restart kodi...

I can get RetroArch working and playing cores OK. LibreELEC works OK.

Any pointers from anyone?

EDIT: Resolved. Found default.cfg in ~/.config/retroarch/savefiles/mame2003-plus/cfg

How to restore default mame2003plus in game keys on my RetroELEC installation on my Raspberry Pi?

I stuffed up the in-game options key settings (the ones normally invoked eg. with TAB). I made 'select' Nul - which makes it a bit hard to fix things.

But, I can't figure out in RetroELEC which CFG file to delete to revert back to default. RetroELEC seems to have slightly different paths to standard RetroArch/RetroPie.

Which CFG file can I delete? I've tried /storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg but that didn't reset it. The keys on the mame2016 still work, so it's something core/system specific, but I just can't find it.

Can someone point me in the right direction on RetroELEC?

Thanks.