Posts by Riverman

Hardware - Intel NUC11PAHi5, fresh out the box

OS - LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0.0.img.gz

BIOS/UEFI - the latest version, updated twice (for some weird reason Intel specifically says to upgrade twice)

BIOS settings - couldn't find anything audio related beyond an option to enable/disable the entire onboard audio

Passthrough - currently disabled

TV - Samsung UN40KU6300

Speakers - TV built in (just for testing)

Logs - https://paste.kodi.tv/vatufokisi.kodi

My old setup on a NUC6 had HDMI audio as expected, but it was having some other unrelated problems, so I decided it was time to upgrade. Put a bare LibreElec install on the new one to test everything, worked fine, except... no sound. Now, I can see 4 HDMI ports + Bluetooth in audio settings, as expected. I'm not 100% sure which one is the "real" HDMI port (as opposed to DisplayPorts), so I tested output on each port after every change.

Went through a whole bunch of debugging, and eventually thought it might be a port problem. Having no proper DisplayPort cables on hand, I took a very long shot and used the current HDMI cable hooked up to an HDMI > mini-DP adapter. To my extreme surprise, it worked. Let me say that again: An HDMI cable plugged directly into the HDMI port produces no sound even after testing every HDMI audio output port in settings. However, taking that exact same cable, hooking it up to an HDMI > mini-DP adapter and plugging it into the mini-DP port on the NUC produces sound once the correct port is selected in settings.

If I just need to switch to DP, that's probably fine. I'm not doing anything exotic where it would make that much of a difference. At this point I just want to know what the heck. Is there something physically wrong with the HDMI port or what?

This is a weird one and I'm not quite sure where to put it. I don't know if this is a problem with LibreELEC, Kodi, or the remote itself.

I'm running the latest stable LibreELEC on an Intel NUC6i3SYK. The Auvipal G9F is a Bluetooth remote/keyboard combo that I'm trying to use. I hooked it up with Bluetooth and everything works as expected EXCEPT the OK button. On top of that, the remote ITSELF seems to register the button being pressed, as I can see the indicator light on the remote come on when I press it. I went into debug mode and I can see other keys being pressed in the logs, as below, but pressing the OK button does not leave anything in the logs. I don't know how to try to map the key if Kodi isn't registering a key press to see the ID. The Keymap Editor add-on likewise doesn't seem to react when I press the button.

I have been unable to find anyone with a similar complaint about the remote (Amazon reviews, etc) but it doesn't seem to be that popular. It's specifically advertised as working with Kodi (but who knows...). I would THINK if there was a design flaw there one of the main buttons just DIDN'T WORK, there would be more complaining about it, but I haven't found any. Unfortunately this seems to be the ONLY true Bluetooth keyboard/remote combo on the entire planet, which is what I want, so I'd very much like to get it working.

Things I have tried:

Replaced the remote with identical model (honestly thought the button might just be defective somehow, but no)

Fresh, up to date install of LibreELEC/Kodi with factory settings

Updated NUC BIOS

Looked for a firmware update for the remote (I don't think there is one)

Debug log below shows other key presses registering normally, but the OK button doesn't show up.

My Bluetooth speaker is dropping out a lot. It drops (or at least doesn't reconnect) upon reboot, whenever the screensaver is on, and also just completely at random when idle. I have yet to have it drop while actually watching something, though. Usually I can just reconnect it from the LibreELEC menu, though occasionally this is flaky until a reboot. I have the keepalive low volume sound set to always on, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I'm running the latest stable build on an Intel NUC6i3SYK. My Bluetooth keyboard works completely fine, so I don't think it's a physical problem with the Bluetooth on the NUC. The speaker is a Yamaha ATS-1060-R soundbar. A cursory search doesn't show this to be a common or known problem with this model of speaker.

Happy to provide any logs that would help.

First of all, thanks for all your work on this. I've been looking for a way to get LibreELEC working with emulators. On that note I have a couple questions.

Is it possible to get a shortcut to Chrome/Emulators on other, non-Estuary skins? I don't mind too much if it's a favorite or an add-on as long as I can start it from somewhere in the menus.

Second, I'm having a problem with my Bluetooth game controller with the emulators. When I start that program, whether it's EmulationStation or RetroArch, it stops picking up the Bluetooth controller. If I try to configure it, it says there's no controller detected. My Bluetooth keyboard continues to work fine. The Bluetooth controller works within LibreELEC itself, for navigating menus and such. The controller works when wired as well. Unfortunately I'm not sitting close enough for a wired controller to be practical.

The controller is a Gamesir G3s and the computer is the NUC6i3SYK. I'm happy to post any relevant logs.