Posts by Lexridge

Okay, so I will use pastebin. Here are my results..

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The paste output is not working (surprise). I get this:

Is it allowed for me to post the outputs of these commands in code form here directly?

Hello. I am using 3 RPi2 devices all running LE 8.2.1, all with Hauppauge A415-HPG remotes and the receivers all on GPIO pin 18. Lirc service is turned off. These units have worked with the IR very solidly for many LE/OE versions. When I update any/all of these units to 8.2.2, the remotes stop working completely and I have to resort back to 8.2.1. The 8.2.2 change log has nothing about any changes to the IR, and my units obviously survived the IR changes in 8.2.1.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I did change from lirc-rpi to gpio-ir under 8.2.1 and all still worked after doing that, but still fails in 8.2.2.

Any idea what might be going on here?

Anyways, if you are using lirc-rpi it's best to switch to gpio-ir and disable Lirc in LE settings. lirc-rpi will be dropped in LE9, gpio-ir is the more modern successor (which doesn't need lircd to work, decoding is performed in the kernel). Read the wiki for details: infrared_remotes [LibreELEC]

Good information! Thank you so much. I will look into changing this from lirc-rpi to gpio-ir before going back to 8.2.2.

Hi. It looks to me like the kernel is unable to deal with your 5GB drive. Someone mentioned earlier the old kernel, which could be it (although I would think a 3.xx kernel should be able to deal with a 5TB drive). Since I see you are not making any progress with this, here is what I would suggest:

1. Never assume just because Windows doesn't complain when you plug them in, they are not faulty. So....Connect the drives in question to a Windows computer and do a full scan disk on them (right click on drive Properties/Tools). Do NOT do a surface scan (ie Check for bad blocks) or will take hours upon hours to complete.

2. Boot up your RPi with no drives attached.

3. SSH into the box and type "journalctl -f" press enter several times to give some clear space so you can see the defined activity when you plug in one of the faulty drives.

4. Connect one of the faulty drives to your RPi.

5. Note the complete output from journalctl -f. It should tell you what is happening. If it is not assigning a device (i.e. sdb, sdc, etc) it is not reading the drive correctly and that usually means the drive has a fault somewhere. Something even a simple reformat might fix.

EDIT: Two things just occurred to me. I need to read more carefully next time lol. 1. I assumed you were using a RPi2/3. My bad, still my suggestions should be valid. 2. Is your 5TB drive a single drive, or a box with 2 or more drives in it totaling 5TB? And...did that 5TB drive require any special Windows drivers to make it work? If so, it may NEVER work under LE.

The change log for 8.2.1 does mention if one is getting double button presses to turn off the lirc service which is not really helpful for folks having that particular problem. I personally have not experienced this with my hauppaug remote. However, with the 8.2.2 release, it completely kills my remote. Nothing, notta. It works for about 2 seconds when starting, then quits working altogether even though the lircd service is still running. The 8.2.2 changelog mentions nothing about lirc changes. Only in the 8.2.1 change log are they mentioned. Should I be looking at creating the 8.2.1 mentioned /storage/.config/lirc_options.conf file? If that is the case, why does 8.2.1 still work fine when I go back to it? None of this really makes sense.

I did compare the dmesg outputs between 8.2.1 and 8.2.2, and this is new in 8.2.2:

Code
    [   10.888581] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 244
    [   10.990727] lirc_rpi: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.

Thanks escalade. I will give it a try and see what happens.

LE8 switched to 340.xx legacy drivers, older cards won't work. 304.xx is simply not included anymore. I doubt it will be added either as it would add a lot of bulk to the image.

Humm, not the news I wanted to hear, but I do understand it. Let me just throw this out there: What about offering it as an optional addon? Or better yet, maybe someone could write a guide on how to compile the 304.xx and install it for LibreElec themselves? I am familiar with building the nvidia driver on Fedora, but would not have any idea where to start to build for LE.

The only other option I can see would be to just install a minimal Linux dist (Fedora, Debian) and just run Kodi from there on boot. I hate to retire this box, as it is still kinda respectable hardware. 64bit AMD dual core with 8gb RAM. I guess I could also just put a newer gfx card into it....or just stick with LE7 until the plugins stop working lol.

Thanks for your reply escalade.

I just updated from v7.0.3 to v8.0.2 x86_64 Generic and it doesn't like my nvidia gfx at all it seems. This is from the dmesg:

NVRM: The NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 GPU installed in this system is

[ 8.821004] NVRM: supported through the NVIDIA 304.xx Legacy drivers. Please

[ 8.821004] NVRM: visit Unix Drivers | NVIDIA for more

[ 8.821004] NVRM: information. The 340.102 NVIDIA driver will ignore

[ 8.821004] NVRM: this GPU. Continuing probe...

[ 8.821015] NVRM: No NVIDIA graphics adapter found!

Here is the output from lspci:

00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2)

So I am guessing the nvidia 304.xx driver has been removed from v8.0.x? I tried some of the methods mentioned above, even removing the autostart.sh file to no avail. :( I know this is old hardware, but the 304.xx driver is still fairly common, is it not?