IR Stops working on RPi2 with 8.2.2 Update

• Hello. I am using 3 RPi2 devices all running LE 8.2.1, all with Hauppauge A415-HPG remotes and the receivers all on GPIO pin 18. Lirc service is turned off. These units have worked with the IR very solidly for many LE/OE versions. When I update any/all of these units to 8.2.2, the remotes stop working completely and I have to resort back to 8.2.1. The 8.2.2 change log has nothing about any changes to the IR, and my units obviously survived the IR changes in 8.2.1.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I did change from lirc-rpi to gpio-ir under 8.2.1 and all still worked after doing that, but still fails in 8.2.2.

Any idea what might be going on here?

• The paste output is not working (surprise). I get this:

Is it allowed for me to post the outputs of these commands in code form here directly?

• Okay, so I will use pastebin. Here are my results..

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You seem to have some leftover cruft (in autostart.sh?) where you kill lircd, load the lirc_rpi module and then start lircd with the wrong options. Remove that alltogether.

Code
    Dec 15 19:37:59 Familyroom sh[382]: mkdir: can't create directory '/var/run/lirc': File exists
    Dec 15 19:37:59 Familyroom sh[382]: killall: lircd: no process killed
    Dec 15 19:37:59 Familyroom kernel: lirc_rpi: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
    Dec 15 19:37:59 Familyroom kernel: lirc_rpi: gpio chip not found!
    Dec 15 19:37:59 Familyroom lircd-0.9.4d[395]: Info: Initial device: /dev/lirc0
    Dec 15 19:37:59 Familyroom lircd-0.9.4d[395]: Notice: 'lirc' written to protocols file /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols
    Dec 15 19:37:59 Familyroom lircd-0.9.4d[395]: Warning: --uinput is deprecated, check the lircd manpage.

To get your hauppauge remote working it's probably enough to add the rc-map-name parameter to the dtoverlay line:

Code
    dtoverlay=gpio-ir,rc-map-name=rc-hauppauge

An alternative to that is to configure the keymap via /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg

Code
    * * hauppauge

so long,

Hias

• Thank you! The leftover cruft in autostart.sh I am sure was leftover from old OE installs. I have commented all out, updated back to 8.2.2 and tried it. Nothing. I then enabled lirc in services and viola, it is working again on all three units. thank you so much!