RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Hi escalade,

just one question to a problem I have since upgrading to your latest build:
    While I was able to play bluray back with the makemkv-addon on one of your older releases (about december), it`s not working for me on the actual version anymore.
    I did not make changes to the makemkv addon.

Should it work ?

Thanks !

Best regards,
    Thomas

• Yeah, it's supposed to work although I don't have a bluray player to test. You can look at /etc/profile.d/99-kodi.conf to see the variables that are set up to make it possible. I haven't changed anything regarding this.

• Mr. escalade ... Do you know if the /STORAGE partition can be formatted with extFAT or FAT32 to have ROMs/BIOSes, updates, etc....?

I have a Late 2013 Retina MBP with a Corei7 + Intel Graphics & discrete NVidia GT750M and want to dual-boot it with refind and access to Storage partition from macOS to try your excellent fork of LE with real (little old)power to play dolphin..!

Cheers!
    [hr]

Mr. escalade ... Do you know if the /STORAGE partition can be formatted with extFAT or FAT32 to have ROMs/BIOSes, updates, etc....?

I have a Late 2013 Retina MBP with a Corei7 + Intel Graphics & discrete NVidia GT750M and want to dual-boot it with refind and access to Storage partition from macOS to try your excellent fork of LE with real (little old)power to play dolphin..!

Cheers!

Mmm... Already find your answer on a different thread hehe.. Thanks anyway! :P

Edited once, last by xel_arjona (April 9, 2017 at 1:21 AM).

• 20170409:

Code
    - linux 4.10.9
    - xf86-video-nvidia 381.09
    - other updated packages: mgba-libretro, SDL2, mesa
    - new packages: mrboom-libretro, vice-libretro
    - transmission included (again)
  • Using an Z97I-PLUS board I couldn't get bluetooth to work with its integrated controller.

Looking at DMESG output I notice there is a reference to a missing file: BCM20702A1-0b05-17cf.hcd

After manually inserting that file into SYSTEM image and trying again, I can confirm it works fine now with a PS3 controller.
    Log with firmware present:

Would it be possible to add this firmware into next builds so it works out of the box on this motherboard?

• hey escalade, how i can use a XBox One Wireless Controller with Dongle on your Build? i see the Dongle in Bluetooth-List but i can't pair. The Dongle don't "blink" and no pair with controller. Can you help me or give me a link to an tutorial or something? i want to use the controller for moonlight-addon (PS3 don't have any function in games :() i hope you know that issue :)

• edit: fixed it
    Just copied picodrive_libretro.so from another source rather than using the online update version.

Hello, great build escalade! Tbh the best build i've tried so far.
    Anywayz, i'm trying to play some sega32x games but without luck.
    I used the retroarch online updater to download the picodrive core, i made a folder with some roms and edited the es_systems.cfg as shown.

Code
    <system>
            <name>sega32x</name>
            <fullname>Sega 32X</fullname>
            <path>/storage/roms/sega32x</path>
            <extension>.32x .bin</extension>
            <command>/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/picodrive_libretro.so %ROM%</command>
            <platform>sega32x</platform>
        </system>

Then i chmod 755 the picodrive_libretro.so.
    When i try to load a game the screen goes black and the orange led on the pi flashes for more than 5 secs.
    Then i need to push the quit retroarch button i've set 2 times and it goes back to emulationstation.

What i'm i missing? All other emulators work just fine.

P.S: To be of some help to others too, for the sound to work in emulation i added

Code
    dtparam=audio=on

along with the hdmi_drive=2

Edited once, last by jiml (April 13, 2017 at 12:18 PM).

• After long Google search i found the answer for Xbox one s wireless controller

echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm

Can you it impliment in your build escalade? I think it will be help some other people to play games with Xbox one s controller wireless :)

• For anyone who is using another skin like me (aeon mq7 mod)

I have created a shortcut addon to start Emulationstation, Spotify and Chrome

Just install the correct addon and launch the addon from anywhere

Chrome

Emulationstation

Spotify
    [hr]
    [hr]
    [hr]
    edit1:

I did a fresh install but when i want to launch dolhpin it does nothing
    in the dolphin.log i find this

GNU nano 2.5.3 File: dolphin.log
    dolphin-emu: error while loading shared libraries: libLLVM-3.9.so: cannot open $

Any idea's ?

edit 2:
    It seems to be in my backup to

Edited once, last by Waspoeder (April 15, 2017 at 11:17 AM).