Posts by Hydrosaure

Okay I think I found the issue:

I was testing with my audio system off and apparently having the default audio output pointing to the wrong output device causes something to be stuck in a loop that ends up blocking video playback.

Here is an attached debug log with 1st playback working fine when using audio device hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=1 "ABT iScan Duo on HDMI #1"

and secondly, reproducing the issue, when playing back while having audio device set to hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0 "HDMI #0"

Download link
    WeTransfer
    1 item
    01_KODI.log 974 KB

Issue is present in both official 9.2.2 binaries and self build from master

Code
    LibreELEC (community): devel-20200414225037-837464c (Generic.x86_64)
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /proc/version
    Linux version 5.6.0 (hydro@ubuntu) (gcc version 9.3.0 (GCC)) #1 SMP Tue Apr 14 23:12:49 CEST 2020

The test is simply booting off installation media in live mode and playing a 1080p file from local SSD (ie. a saved YouTube video): payback starts fine but after a few seconds video freezes (interface and controls still work) and Kodi binary starts pegging 100% of one core:

Playback hardware is a Pentium G3258 with HD Graphics.

20170807 for generic uploaded:

Code
    kernel-firmware: band aid additions for libreelec-8.2
    mesa: update to 29df4de (17.2-rc3)
    sqlite: update to 3.20
    llvm: update to 4.0.1
    gcc: update to 7.2-RC-20170802
    binutils: update to 2.29
    linux: update to 4.12.5
    e2fsprogs: update to 1.43.5
    xfsprogs: update to 4.12.0
    btrfs-progs-system: update to 4.12

Looks like it's a bit too big for 512MB so won't fit for those on a regular sized partition. I'll push out an image without nvidia-legacy later.

EDIT: I've experimented a bit with different squashfs compression methods and found that xz had way better compression ratio. Haven't done any testing on boot time and such but most likely the differences aren't that big and now everything fits in one image.

Tried this version found in the Haswell directory on Google Drive and it crashes immediately at boot with a kernel panic.

Using an Z97I-PLUS board I couldn't get bluetooth to work with its integrated controller.

Looking at DMESG output I notice there is a reference to a missing file: BCM20702A1-0b05-17cf.hcd

After manually inserting that file into SYSTEM image and trying again, I can confirm it works fine now with a PS3 controller.
    Log with firmware present:

Would it be possible to add this firmware into next builds so it works out of the box on this motherboard?

Since upgrading to 7.95 Betas I've noticed that TVHeadend fails to detect my "Mygica T230 DVB-T/T2/C" usb adapter at boot.
    Doing a PM suspend/resume seems to properly initialize the device as after that it is detected and operates correctly.

Dmesg from boot:

After a resume from suspend:

Having an issue with TVHeadend backend service that fails to run and will restart itself forever.

After digging a bit around the issue and lauching the program manually, it seems to be related to a timeout occuring during startup.
    Namely TVheadend is trying to figure out "satips" and eventual throw the error

Code
    [ ERROR]:satips: Unable to determine the HTTP/RTSP address

before continuing. (It runs fine after)

The problem is that this hiccup, about 2 minutes of pause, is causing systemd to think the service fails and triggers a restart.
    Here is an extract from systemd logs:

it'll repeat forever

Relevant version information:

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/bin # tvheadend -v
    tvheadend: version 4.0.9 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v7.0.101

see also this thread where it seems to be exactly what is happening in my case:
    Tvheadend delay during startup - Tvheadend