Posts by xel_arjona

I think you should ask IARL developer... Internet Archive ROM Launcher

In fact yes and finally Got it!

It's kind confusing at first, but reading this IARL reply at forum realize that for each "console collection", we must define at the context menu what core should run as external command (for each console-core). Maybe this little explanations could be added to your IARL configuration instructions for no future confusions! :D

Cheers!

Did you try to go back to an older build to check if it can be something changed lately?

GotIt... Reinstalled everything from a LE8(Official) Vanilla and Retroarch contols working as they should!

Manually adding ROMs works quite well, but IARL still confusing to me as I can not figure out quite well how to download roms or Launching them from this frontend... Do the "Context menu settings for external launcher" but still get an "External launch command not defined." Error at kodi.

Thanks in advance bite_your_idols

I am having also some issues with controllers in latest alpha builds, it seems to detect my controller as second one and it is impossible to me to control retroarch and games... I revert back to build from 0710 and it worked again... I think it is something related with retroplayer included back to testbuilds in latest builds...

In fact, my controllers are quite well recognized, even at bluetoothctl they look like [Wireless Controller] but retroarch do not recognize them as Sony Dualshock4 bluez. Could that be the problem..?

Cheers.

1- Just LE 8.0.2 and Gamestarter v2.9 for LE8

2- There is no Retroarch in LE9, it ships with Retroplayer embedded, a player based on libreto, so it uses cores as Retroarch does but it is integrated in kodi's frontend. I have created both Retroarch and Emulationstation addons for Retroplayer that work with retroplayers installed cores.

Milhouse build's are testbuilds for developers and beta testers, so you expect issues and bugs. I personally switched to L9alpha because of Netflix addon that is working quite well in current builds. But if you don't want any headache or struggling with issues/bugs I recommend you to stay in LE8 until LE9 become more stable (beta versions).

Well, had downloaded and upgraded Milhouse build! Got surprised by the speed improvement for Kodi at RPi version!

On the emulation side, still need to focus on DS4 (ver1) configuration. System pair quite well 2 of my controllers natively with bluetooth and they work quite well on Kodi frontend, good latency, good selection of menus, etc... At emulationstation menu controls operate quite well, recognized and configured without any problems but for retroarch is a real mess! Controls are recognized but apparently not with properly autoconf, so I just cant navigate through menus decently. Already verified with bluetoothctl on console and controls looks normal.

I know that an Alpha kernel could cause some problems here and there, but seems to me much more an retroarch autoconf issue.

Thanks in advance and cheers for your good work!

Hi there!

Currently happy user of "LE8" (Extended) RPi distro but like to play with your addon as is more focused to Pi users (Pi3 here). Some question on the table:

1) Like to play your add-on with a vanilla LE8 installation. Some build recommendation..?

2) For the "milhouse" testbuild (LE9), I know retroarch is included on the master branch.. Do you still recommend it better to start on, or definitely go for option 1 at this time (Alpha1)...?

** Using HDMI output @ 1080p & DualShock4 as playable controllers.

Cheers and kudos for your great effort...!

I've uploaded a new image, please try that.

Upgrade process still failing... something at mounting image is missing I guess. My /storage partition have 22.4G Available... strange!

Here's a snapshot of the upgrade process for devel-20170717:

Googlin' about the message error, found some "similar problem" with a fix regarding charter set for filesystem support at kernel compliation... at this link!

Cheers!

Mr. escalade ... Do you know if the /STORAGE partition can be formatted with extFAT or FAT32 to have ROMs/BIOSes, updates, etc....?

I have a Late 2013 Retina MBP with a Corei7 + Intel Graphics & discrete NVidia GT750M and want to dual-boot it with refind and access to Storage partition from macOS to try your excellent fork of LE with real (little old)power to play dolphin..!

Cheers!
    [hr]

Mr. escalade ... Do you know if the /STORAGE partition can be formatted with extFAT or FAT32 to have ROMs/BIOSes, updates, etc....?

I have a Late 2013 Retina MBP with a Corei7 + Intel Graphics & discrete NVidia GT750M and want to dual-boot it with refind and access to Storage partition from macOS to try your excellent fork of LE with real (little old)power to play dolphin..!

Cheers!

Mmm... Already find your answer on a different thread hehe.. Thanks anyway! :P

xel_arjona

You didn't include the full output, so I don't even know what package is building. The library is in your toolchain though, libreadline is provided by netbsd-curses and used by several packages. What distribution are you using? I'm building on Arch.

As for the Pi issues, I guess it could be gcc as it's the only relevant change. I wouldn't think it could cause such problems but can't exclude it either. I'll do a rebuild with 6.2.

Yes, I figured out it could be gcc building toolchain the problem too... Im building with an ubuntu 17.x vanilla VM. Maybe layter try to rebuild things again with 6.2.

Thanks for your help escalade!

Cheers!

No, I sold it off because I think it's dog slow compared to Intel boxes at the same price point. I probably won't get anything with an ARM cpu again. Good thing that I don't require you to like me then ;)

EDIT: All builds are done and uploaded. Merry christmas!

xel_arjona

Kinda hard to help you without the error output.

Ok, here I am reBuilding emu branch for your tree... this is the given error, aparently a the toolchain building process:

Readline is apparently not found (downloaded), even after a make clean & make image....

Dangit! Now you've gone and put another idea in my head. Like I really need to buy more gadgets...
    [hr]

Looks like the Pi version is still getting a kernel panic. :(

Yup! Still a Kernel Panic at

Code
    kernel/workqueue.c:855 wq_worker_waking_up+0x80/0x80

Still not digging at google, but could be recent gcc upgrade made by escalade. I read 4.10 kernel have lot's of fixes for crappyARM, maybe BCM2835 fixes for new compiler!

Let's see...

Cheers!