RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Thank you very much for this build, escalade.

Running it as my main setup on both my nuc and rpi3 referring to my nas for videos, photo's and music without any problems.

Great job m8

• escalade Now RPi working well! Your build alongside a Pi3 with a a pair of DS4 controllers are a ClassicNES Price/Beneffit killer! Hope to see soon AMD's *ZEN APU's on the scene with more mature vulkan AMDGPU open drivers and Intel as well dropping prices for their NUC's to have affordable dolphin(ables) Kodi boxes!!! 2017 will be exciting on this!

Cheers mate!

• Hi escalade,

first of all thank you very much for this great release. I have NEVER experienced any OE/LE image, where so much things worked so well out of the box. :D

I`ve already successfully setup a machine on an AMD Kabini Platform with your image, it works great and I am really happy with it.

Now I`ve tried to setup your image also on an AMD Fusion (E-350) machine of mine, but there I am experiencing big problems on boot.

If I install it from scratch, after booting into the system, I can see the LE logo and then it switches to a blank black screen.
    Then I can see the cursor coming up but after some time it dissapears and then comes back again.
    This happens ages of time, the display stays black and the cursor keeps blinking. I can hear the hard disk working all the time.
    I`ve been waiting for minutes.
    It looks like a boot loop.

I had an older standard LE image already got to work on that machine before without problems.

What can be wrong ?

I`ve used the "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20170108.img.gz" image.

Btw. motherboard is an ASRock E350M/USB3 with latest bios 1.80.

Please help!

EDIT: Installed official LE v7.90.007 ALPHA, runs fine on that system. Then copied over your image to the update share, ran update, now I am in the bootloop again :-p

EDIT2: In this system there is a 2TB HDD. In the Kabini system there was a 256GB SSD. Maybe a problem ?

Edited once, last by Thomas233 (January 10, 2017 at 1:27 PM).

• Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to use an xbox 360 remote with this build and I loose all functionality when loading EmulationStation. Is there a file I need to delete to allow Emulation Station to auto discover my controller?

• Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to use an xbox 360 remote with this build and I loose all functionality when loading EmulationStation. Is there a file I need to delete to allow Emulation Station to auto discover my controller?

While In emulation station you probably need to press right CTL then use keyboard to select config and setup your controller. I think most of the autoconfig is for ds4

@escalde

I was thinking about the KB shortcuts you told me about which gave me a workaround with that dolphin screen. I just maximize with alt-f10 and I get that profile box. Thanks for the great build.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• This works great on my X86 Im thinking about adding a dvb-s2 tuner soon.

btw is playstation 2 emulation possible ? ...that would be the icing on the cake

There is pcsx2 emulator but it's not a libretto core. I'm sure there is a way to add it to emulation station but idk how. I would guess you go to es_systems file and add it there with the command pointing at the location you installed pcsx2 executable

• While In emulation station you probably need to press right CTL then use keyboard to select config and setup your controller. I think most of the autoconfig is for ds4

@escalde

I was thinking about the KB shortcuts you told me about which gave me a workaround with that dolphin screen. I just maximize with alt-f10 and I get that profile box. Thanks for the great build.

Thanks. I'll have to drag out the keyboard. Was hoping for a lazy way through ssh or the gui.

• escalade, u did real great work. i'm install your build on my RPi3, its work perfectly. but i have one question - how calibrate screen in emulatestation. in kodi i find calibration and did it, but can't understand how make it in ES.

sorry for my bad english, TY

Edited once, last by a855 (January 10, 2017 at 7:44 PM).

• Blackhazard

I've got an aging D54250 :)

dazzlerellis

/storage/.config/retroarch

LeapOfFaith

Yes, and no. The best (only?) PS2 emulator available is PCSX2 and it's 32 bit only. I've tried running it through Docker without success (problem loading ISO's due to unsupported kernel calls). To properly run it natively on LibreELEC would require a lot of changes in the build system, and duplication of a lot of libraries would make it a very fat image.

It might work simply copying over the binaries and every dependent library from i.e. Arch Linux or something and run them. Perhaps even make it an installer. That's something I might look at some day but don't hold your breath.

• Thanks and sorry to be a pain in the @rse Xbox one controller tried USB and dongle doesn't work anywhere kodi menus included.

Anyway to reset or configure it?

Tia

Edit got it working in kodi but not emustation do I need to configure es_input.cfg manually?

Edited once, last by dazzlerellis (January 10, 2017 at 8:58 PM).

• escalade, u did real great work. i'm install your build on my RPi3, its work perfectly. but i have one question - how calibrate screen in emulatestation. in kodi i find calibration and did it, but can't understand how make it in ES.

sorry for my bad english, TY

When i had this problem, my "smart" tv automatically overscanned, so i calibrated it in Kodi, but then ES resolution was butched.

When i fixed the TV panning, Kodi and ES resolution were normal (i gues they always were...)

Edited once, last by jayfkay (January 10, 2017 at 9:35 PM).