RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Hi I have made a video on how to install this great build (thanks escalade) on unRAID linux as a VM with gpu passthrough.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I recently discovered this awesome gaming build and it has worked great. Thank you very much but tonight I got to use the dolphin on four player mode which worked great. Only problem I had was the controller config screen is all squished and hard to pick/save the controller profile because the drop down menu is all hidden. If you Know that the boxes are there you can use it but very difficult. I wonder how I could use the fluxbox to add window boarders to windows so that they can be resize-able? Is that even possible? Or is there a file i can edit to resize the window? Otherwise this build is awesome I think that even my sound sounds better.

• RShT

Sure, I figured if the upgrade worked then it was an issue with the .img after all as my disk was full when the image got created.

MoHawka

That's odd, the controller config looks normal here. Can you upload a photo? You can use ALT + right mouse click to start resizing a window. ALT + F10 will unmaximize a window, as they are maximized by default and ALT + TAB to switch windows.

Blackhazard

You could edit es_systems.cfg and add a system with name "kodi", extension ".sh" and then put a shell script named kodi.sh in the rom dir. The shellscript could just do a "killall emulationstation" and you would return to Kodi.

• Sure it's possible, just adding "--start-fullscreen Netflix Germany - Watch TV Shows Online, Watch Movies Online" to the Chrome arguments. You don't need to put it in the image, you can make a copy of the system skin (/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary) and put it in your user folder (/storage/.kodi/addons) then make the adjustments in xml/Home.xml (search for Chrome).

This is great. Thank you. Can you point me in the direction of where I would find the defaultaddon icons? I'd like to make a custom one for netflix, but can't seem to find their location in the skin folder or anywhere else.

• MoHawka

That's odd, the controller config looks normal here. Can you upload a photo? You can use ALT + right mouse click to start resizing a window. ALT + F10 will unmaximize a window, as they are maximized by default and ALT + TAB to switch windows.

Thanks I didnt know about the resize shortcut. I tried the alt-right window resize and the cursor changed to the resize cursor but it didnt actually change the size but I did get it to move. My nuc is plugged in as hdmi and set to 1080 and the only changes Ive made to dolphin settings is I set it to wide screen and the rest is default. My issue is with the profile box there should be a drop down menu and a place to type to name the profile the users create. The Image was to big to upload so here is my drive link drive.google. com/open?id=0B2Iqo2_g5P0HOEZ5eTI4ZXJtaWM . Idk if im allowed to post links so just remove the space before com and see the requested image

• ellis

They are compressed with texturepacker, inside the .xbt files. Have a look around in the skin folder on xbmc github to see the names.

MoHawka

I see what you mean now, that is very weird and doesn't happen for me. I got a white box with drop down menu next to "Profile" and I can select DS4 Bluetooth P1/P2 there which are the default profiles I have created (you can see them in /storage/.config/dolphin-emu/Profiles/GCPad). Confirmed this on a second box where I haven't run Dolphin before, it displays correctly. Check if it's happening for you on a clean image, boot a USB or something.

20170108:

Code
    - Fixed incompatibility with the Steam Controller driver addon
    - Changed ES theme to simple-dark for a more fresh look

• Sure it's possible, just adding "--start-fullscreen Netflix Germany - Watch TV Shows Online, Watch Movies Online" to the Chrome arguments. You don't need to put it in the image, you can make a copy of the system skin (/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary) and put it in your user folder (/storage/.kodi/addons) then make the adjustments in xml/Home.xml (search for Chrome).

Well I've tried every combination of passing chrome arguments into the XML file but all end in a kodi going to a black screen for about 10 seconds, then returning to kodi. (Tried with quotes, without, in varying order, etc.) I tested launching chrome via ssh using the same arguments and they work fine (full screen, loads to netflix) so I can only assume those arguments can't be passed in the xml file. I then attempted to create a script and load it that way, but get the same black screen. Any idea?

• MoHawka

I have no idea why that's happening for you, I can't reproduce here.

ellis

I'm quite sure I had a youtube shortcut previously that went fullscreen to http://youtube.com/tv. Not at home to test right now but will look into it later.

Would I just have to figure out how to use fluxbox then? Isn't that the window manager? Otherwise your build has the wife's approval thanks alot

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Well I've tried every combination of passing chrome arguments into the XML file but all end in a kodi going to a black screen for about 10 seconds, then returning to kodi. (Tried with quotes, without, in varying order, etc.) I tested launching chrome via ssh using the same arguments and they work fine (full screen, loads to netflix) so I can only assume those arguments can't be passed in the xml file. I then attempted to create a script and load it that way, but get the same black screen. Any idea?

I thinks you can just add that Chrome arguments in (/storage/.config/chrome-flags.conf)

• MoHawka

No, the window manager handles window placement, size, borders etc. The drop down box that is not visible is a toolkit widget, in this case handled by wxWidgets.

pawnthep

That would make it the default for every Chrome session, which defeats the purpose of what he was trying to do.

• Hi,
    Let's put important things first : THANK YOU for your amazing work on this distro.
    I just tried your generic build on my htpc, hoping that I would be able to run dolphin correctly but discovered that my hardware was certainly not powerful enough (ATOM 330 with nvidia ION chipset). Just for the sake of it, before letting go, I am trying to re-compile the distro with optimizations set for my particular CPU. I could not use your own ATOM build because it is made for silvermont while mine is older.
    I am currently building on a gentoo box, and I am getting an error when building cffi(host) :

Code
    /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.4/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find /usr/lib/libc.so.6
    /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.4/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find /usr/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I searched a little bit and if I understand well, these libs should be provided by glibc-2.24. My gentoo uses glibc-2.23, which do not provides these libs. But I suppose that they should be built by LibreELEC itself with a dependency to "glibc:host" or equivalent? I tried to add this dependency to PKG_DEPENDS_HOST in cffi package.mk without luck : glibc fails when configuring because compilation directory is in the loading path. My understanding is that :
    - glibc package in LibreELEC is not designed to be built for the host
    - the distro is building correctly on your machine because libc.so.6 and ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 are provided by the host system. But is this the way it should be? I thought that LibreELEC was using cross-compiling just to avoid this kind of problems?
    Any hint/idea?

Edited once, last by hebus (January 9, 2017 at 11:02 AM).

• pawnthep

That would make it the default for every Chrome session, which defeats the purpose of what he was trying to do.

I see. I will wait for solution then. :)

It would be good idea to have Chrome's shortcuts for specific websites. (Likes Chrome's Launcher addon.)

Edited once, last by pawnthep (January 9, 2017 at 11:10 AM).