Posts by hebus

Hi,
    Let's put important things first : THANK YOU for your amazing work on this distro.
    I just tried your generic build on my htpc, hoping that I would be able to run dolphin correctly but discovered that my hardware was certainly not powerful enough (ATOM 330 with nvidia ION chipset). Just for the sake of it, before letting go, I am trying to re-compile the distro with optimizations set for my particular CPU. I could not use your own ATOM build because it is made for silvermont while mine is older.
    I am currently building on a gentoo box, and I am getting an error when building cffi(host) :

Code
    /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.4/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find /usr/lib/libc.so.6
    /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.4/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find /usr/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I searched a little bit and if I understand well, these libs should be provided by glibc-2.24. My gentoo uses glibc-2.23, which do not provides these libs. But I suppose that they should be built by LibreELEC itself with a dependency to "glibc:host" or equivalent? I tried to add this dependency to PKG_DEPENDS_HOST in cffi package.mk without luck : glibc fails when configuring because compilation directory is in the loading path. My understanding is that :
    - glibc package in LibreELEC is not designed to be built for the host
    - the distro is building correctly on your machine because libc.so.6 and ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 are provided by the host system. But is this the way it should be? I thought that LibreELEC was using cross-compiling just to avoid this kind of problems?
    Any hint/idea?