Posts by gridrunner

Hi I have made a video on how to install this great build (thanks escalade) on unRAID linux as a VM with gpu passthrough.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi Guys,

I am having a bit of a problem. I am running the generic build as a VM on unraid Linux. I am passing through a Nvidia gtx 750 as my GPU.
    Everything works fine except for sound 100%

To get sound working in i had to enable the msi interrupts on the card by adding the file .config/modprobe.d/sound.conf with contents options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1

So sound worked fine in kodi afterwards but still not in emulators.
    I then edited the asound.conf file and added my card. hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1

When running speaker-test it reports that it is in use.

So what i have to do to have sound in emulators, is to first switch the default kodi sound to Bluetooth pulse (although I don't have Bluetooth). Then emulators have sound. Then to have sound back in kodi I must switch sound back in that to what it was originally.

Any ideas why when i run emulationstation the sound is not being released by kodi. ?

Code