7.0.3.010 build for S905/S905X

• Hi
    New box (nexbox A95X 2GB).
    Installed and it works very well, except at some point, usually when not using the box for a long time, KODI freezes. I have to disconnect/reconnect power. Any of the remotes (IR, USB) doesn't work. Any way I can help debug this ?

thanks
    popo

• Hi
    New box (nexbox A95X 2GB).
    Installed and it works very well, except at some point, usually when not using the box for a long time, KODI freezes. I have to disconnect/reconnect power. Any of the remotes (IR, USB) doesn't work. Any way I can help debug this ?

thanks
    popo

The 64bit version of LE causes a memory leak. This must be the cause of your problem.
    kszaq recommends the 32bit version.

It happens to my box as well. After 24 hours, memory usage went from 17% to 65%.

Edited once, last by minimoe (December 17, 2016 at 8:27 AM).

• The 64bit version of LE causes a memory leak. This must be the cause of your problem.
    kszaq recommends the 32bit version.

It happens to my box as well. After 24 hours, memory usage went from 17% to 65%.

But there are no 32-bit development builds ?

• redger I have finally taken a broader look at your samples at I can definitely say that the reason for stutters is kernel driver update. I will be looking into which commit needs to be reverted or adjusted to make the decoder work again.

• I'm using the 64-bit version on my TX5 PRO 905X by running it from sd card.
    If I clean my SD card and setup it to install the 32-bit version, can I skip the toothpick step? Is now my box already set to boot from SD first?

32-bit/
    Just copy img.gz into update folder and re boot box
    Note on 32-bit build: If you want to switch to 32-bit build, you need to clean your addon cache first:

Code
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/packages/*

, after updating force refresh every repository you have and reinstall all binary addons. If you don't know what it is, you probably don't want to switch or shouldn't do it - make a clean install instead. The same note applies to restoring backup from 64-bit to 32-bit build and vice versa.

By the way, do you find this box is really slow loading thumbnails & fanart using LE SD Card version?
    I've installed to internal because this box had the slowest loading of the above i have ever seen on any box I've tested.

• Hello

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I have successfully booted LibreELEC on a USB stick plugged into a Tops MX V (AMLogic S905, 2GB RAM, 1Gb LAN) with the gxbb_p201.dtb device tree. Everything seems to work just fine apart from Kodi reports that I only have 1GB RAM? Android via CPUZ reports that I do have 2GB RAM (p201 board).

Is this to do with the device tree I have used? If so, is there one for 2GB?

Great work by the way.

Thanks

Edited once, last by moka88 (December 17, 2016 at 11:07 AM).

• I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I have successfully booted LibreELEC on a USB stick plugged into a Tops MX V (AMLogic S905, 2GB RAM, 1Gb LAN) with the gxbb_p201.dtb device tree.

Why did you use that device tree ? EDIT I just saw that device tree in the link for the trees.
    I have not come across or remember why that device tree is used .

Why not gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

Edited once, last by kostaman (December 17, 2016 at 11:31 AM).

• Why did you use that device tree ? EDIT I just saw that device tree in the link for the trees.
    I have not come across or remember why that device tree is used .

I thought I would need to use p201 device trees to match my p201 board? Is this not the case?

Try the one i pointed you to.
    I am not sure about the board. I edited my previous reply after i saw that tree p201.

• 32-bit/
    Just copy img.gz into update folder and re boot box
    Note on 32-bit build: If you want to switch to 32-bit build, you need to clean your addon cache first:

Code
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi/addons/packages/*

, after updating force refresh every repository you have and reinstall all binary addons. If you don't know what it is, you probably don't want to switch or shouldn't do it - make a clean install instead. The same note applies to restoring backup from 64-bit to 32-bit build and vice versa.

By the way, do you find this box is really slow loading thumbnails & fanart using LE SD Card version?
    I've installed to internal because this box had the slowest loading of the above i have ever seen on any box I've tested.

I don't know how to do that. So I would make a clean install. Can I do it as I wrote above?

I usually don't use the thumbnails views, but I found the box a little bit slow when it created video library the first time. I can try to test if you tell me what to do.