[x86-64] No HDMI Signal with LE 12.0.1

• I got the htpc directly connected again. After booting from usb key, when i enter "get edid create" in LE 12.0.1 the screens flips black, then shows a mousepointer for some time and after that the gui reappears.

After that, when i boot 12.0.1 (from usb key) connected to the avr, it again boots to a black screen. But i was able to fetch a kodi.log this time:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And a reboot from internal storage with 11.0.6 gives the normal gui.
    I've noticed that in LE 11.0.6, in the system - settings - audio settings, under audio output device, it neatly says "ALSA: HDA Nvidia, PIO SC-LX81 on HDMI #0", where sc-lx81 is my avr. This makes me think that 11.0.6 does detect my avr perfectly, even the hdmi audio passthrough works great, and from LE 12 on there is something wrong?

• That log says, Panasonic TV was detected, but the AVR was not. I don't know why, because it's connected between.

What happens when using separate HDMI connectors for A/V:

• HTPC HDMI-0 --> TV
    • HTPC HDMI-1 --> AVR

I guess some AVR "remember" HDMI devices sometimes, and do "default routing". So it might help to use different HDMI input/output connectors, or switch it off for a day (in case of stand-by) to delete memory. Maybe LE 12.0.1 sets a different device ID for HTPC.

• I have the feeling the panasonic tv in the log was from the previous session where the htpc was directly connected to the tv. I don't think the panasonic tv was actually detected in any way when the htpc was connected to the avr and 12.0.1 was booted. In 11.0.6, when the gui is shown through the avr, the log for the hdmi port says "PIO SC-LX81 on HDMI #0", where the sc-lx81 is my avr.

I don't have the possibility to run separate hdmi lines, my gt1030 only has 1 hdmi and 1 dvi output. Also, these are in a very cramped space, i can't connect a second cable without demolishing half my cabinet.

My avr is always switched off, i don't keep any device there in standby mode. This saves power and is a lot safer.

• Well, i've been able to narrow this thing down a bit. The thing is: i have a "second" media pc, a little gigabyte n3350 (intel graphics) based "nuc" for backup. Didnt even think about it until tonight.

I've updated this little box in steps From 11.0.1 to 11.0.6, which ran fine. Then in one step to 12.0.1. And to my surprise: everything seems to be fine. This n3350 box is also connected to the same avr. In LE the audio output device neatly says "HDA Intel PCH, PIO SC-LX81 on HDMI #0" . Now this is how thing should be. The box runs the generic (not legacy) release and i see nothing wrong with it.

So i'm wondering what this tells us? I'm no expert "but", for me the big difference between these two pc's is intel graphics vs nvidia. Could it be that there's something messed up in the nvidia driver for the gt1030 in my main htpc?

Or is this a wayland / x11 thing? (although x11 runs fine on 11.0.6).

• I have the feeling the panasonic tv in the log was from the previous session where the htpc was directly connected to the tv. I don't think the panasonic tv was actually detected in any way when the htpc was connected to the avr and 12.0.1 was booted. In 11.0.6, when the gui is shown through the avr, the log for the hdmi port says "PIO SC-LX81 on HDMI #0", where the sc-lx81 is my avr.

I don't have the possibility to run separate hdmi lines, my gt1030 only has 1 hdmi and 1 dvi output. Also, these are in a very cramped space, i can't connect a second cable without demolishing half my cabinet.

My avr is always switched off, i don't keep any device there in standby mode. This saves power and is a lot safer.

I have reported this issue many times, and the only solution is to connect the tv directly to the pc and then another from the AVR directly to the pc for audio. That solved all my problems since 12.x updates.