S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Hello everyone,

I was going through the pages and I couldn't find clear instructions on how to install this:

a) On my M8 NAND

b) On an SD card or USB and boot from that while keeping Android on NAND

I can see that there are two files that can be downloaded, a tar and an img.gz. I assume the tar file is for updating an existing Libreelec installation. So how do I use the img.gz to do any of the two options mentioned above? Note that I do not have any other files that may be required (e.g. recovery image, remote config, aml_autoscript etc).

I know that each box and each setup/configuration is different, but I was wondering if there are any "standard steps" I can begin with and see how it goes from there. Any help/information will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edited once, last by polys (July 18, 2017 at 3:02 PM).

• Maybe someone can enlighten me. I apparently installed a wrong version for my God Box Q and now it is in a boot loop. Can you please tell me which version I should install and how?

Thanks so much in advance.

• Maybe someone can enlighten me. I apparently installed a wrong version for my God Box Q and now it is in a boot loop. Can you please tell me which version I should install and how?

Thanks so much in advance.

Yeah right lets see now hmm God Box Q hmm never heard of it sorry apparently not supported.

Feel free to experiment :thumbup:

• Sorry that was a typo. Bloody autocorrect. It is the G Box Q.

The arm m8 version works well on the Q. Don't install this for the Q2 though, you need the M8S version, however the WiFi is not working right now. Demetris knows about the issue and I am hopeful he will get it resolved with the 8.2 release.

• Hi Demetris

I still got one of these MX III S802 1g/8g amlogic boxes here the square one. Tried every image you made for the mx-III devices nothing ran. Now I tried this image on SD:

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2-MXIII-1G.tar

Runs but sooo slow. Than I thought i install it on nand. This was the solution. But now I have a new problem. My remote controller does not function. I tried many remote.conf files I could find online, nothing will do its job.

Sorry it does not function 99.9% Because I can wake the box up with the remote from suspend and shutdown, but else it does nothing. Can you maybe help me with this?

• I have an M8N box and have tried the following:

1. Downloaded the M8 8.0.2b img.gz

2. Used rufus and created a bootable USB and another bootable SD card

3. With the box being turned off, USB plugged in and toothpick holding the reset button, I plugged in the power

4. Android recovery appeared and I let the toothpick go

5. Selected reboot

6. Box started in Android.

Repeated the same process with the USB in the other USB port, same result.

Repeated the above steps using the SD card until step 3 and the screen was blank (didn't get into Android recovery at all)

What am I doing wrong here?

• Probably nothing, the multi-boot doesn't seem well supported on these boxes. What worked for me was a hybrid approach. Use the toothpick method with SD to activate multiboot, then reboot with the same SD card as was used in the SD slot but now in a USB converter stick with that in the 1st USB port (and try all USB ports, perhaps only one will work).

• Hi Demetris

I still got one of these MX III S802 1g/8g amlogic boxes here the square one. Tried every image you made for the mx-III devices nothing ran. Now I tried this image on SD:

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2-MXIII-1G.tar

Runs but sooo slow. Than I thought i install it on nand. This was the solution. But now I have a new problem. My remote controller does not function. I tried many remote.conf files I could find online, nothing will do its job.

Sorry it does not function 99.9% Because I can wake the box up with the remote from suspend and shutdown, but else it does nothing. Can you maybe help me with this?

As per documentation LE8 onwards, you have to supply your own remote.conf in the Config directory. This needs to be extracted from your Android System before overwriting the NAND with LE8.

Anyway attached is the remote.conf.txt extracted from my MX-III Android 4.4.2. Just remove the '.txt' from the end of the file name as it wont allow me attach otherwise

Enjoy!

• gujal

thank you very much gujal. I will give it a try.

Demetris

I read really red over 70% of the thread. Found out that the rc4 would do its job out of the box. My question is, is this really the only build which does its job out of the box for mxiii?

• Hey Demetris,

I can't get my wifi to work with the latest build for M8. My wifi chip is "Createk CK-WB-B30X-SM". I can't figure out how to grab the device tree information from the stock ROM, but I do have this:

I have the stock ROM flashed on it now, so if there is any info I can grab from it, please let me know.

Thanks!

• Probably nothing, the multi-boot doesn't seem well supported on these boxes. What worked for me was a hybrid approach. Use the toothpick method with SD to activate multiboot, then reboot with the same SD card as was used in the SD slot but now in a USB converter stick with that in the 1st USB port (and try all USB ports, perhaps only one will work).

Thanks for the reply. But the problem is that when I insert the SD card using toothpick method I get a blank screen. It won't go into recovery. Shall I just unplug the power, put the SD card in a USB adaptor, plug the adaptor to one of the two USB ports and plug in the power. Or do I have to use toothpick again?

If I don't manage to boot from SD or USB, what is the process of installing it to NAND?

Edited once, last by polys (July 22, 2017 at 3:37 PM).

• Thanks for the reply. But the problem is that when I insert the SD card using toothpick method I get a blank screen. It won't go into recovery. Shall I just unplug the power, put the SD card in a USB adaptor, plug the adaptor to one of the two USB ports and plug in the power. Or do I have to use toothpick again?

If I don't manage to boot from SD or USB, what is the process of installing it to NAND?

You might still see a blank screen even if the multiboot file was actioned with toothpick. If you cant get it to boot from SD or USB then I would not even try to install to NAND. Usually you need it booted from SD (or USB) to be able to action the install script from SSH. I don't know another method but someone else might if you insisted on trying it.

• Hi all,

I installed the LibreELEC-S8X2.M8S-PLUS.arm-8.0.2 image on my M8S+ NAND and it worked like a charm! :)

Finally I got rid of android on the tv box! Yeah!

Thanks Demetris, thanks LibreElec and Kodi Teams.

Is there any nightly builds that I can try to install? If so, where I can download the images?

I'm ok with the 17.1 version but I'd like to try to install non-mature releases.

Thanks!