S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Then you need S82 image :)

Στάλθηκε από το Moto G 2014 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

.zips won't install same thing

when i try to boot the IMG flashed sd i get "filesystem correuption dectected!" and it attempts an automatic repair but doesn't succeed. fsck says read-only filesystem when it tries to repair SD.

I don't remember the s82 openelec 6.0 image i used before that worked.
    **EDIT** Index of /image is where i got the image that worked. s82 version of 6.0.0

***EDIT2***
    I think I got it working by installing the openelec that worked before and using the .update .tar from the MXIII 1G. it's doing "add-on migration" now

Edited once, last by jnnuzzo (May 19, 2017 at 1:47 AM).

• I have the MXIII 1g/8g (with red 4k print), with 8.0.1 on it. When i try to install 8.0.2 it gives me the error of incompatibility for my box. Then it cleans up and resumes booting. I tried both .tar files.

• .zips won't install same thing

when i try to boot the IMG flashed sd i get "filesystem correuption dectected!" and it attempts an automatic repair but doesn't succeed. fsck says read-only filesystem when it tries to repair SD.

I don't remember the s82 openelec 6.0 image i used before that worked.
    **EDIT** Index of /image is where i got the image that worked. s82 version of 6.0.0

***EDIT2***
    I think I got it working by installing the openelec that worked before and using the .update .tar from the MXIII 1G. it's doing "add-on migration" now

I was getting the same corruption error on my S802 using the S82 image. What I found it is that you have to use the USB stick vs. Card.

What I did was:

Use the gz image and write it to a USB stick using the LibreELEC.USB.SD.Creator.Win32.exe
    Then copy the ZIP and TAR file to the USB stick (not sure both are needed but it worked for me).

Then boot the box using the toothpic method and with the USB stick plugged into the USB port closest to the back (at least on my box - MXIII - the USB ports are on the side). When menu comes up, choose reboot. It should now read the USB and install.

After all done, best to run from internal NAND vs. USB stick.

Cheers

• I wont bother keep helping users that stubbornly don't read the solutions on this thread.
    Community is to read understand execute we don't offer a free support service here.
    Regards

That's not a really nice reply. This thread now holds 50+ pages; the s905 thread more then 200 pages! You can't expect one to spend three days reading an entire thread in search for a solution. When searching threads, often the answer isnt found simply because the topic isnt spelled or formulated correctly. And lots of people have daytime responsibilities and simply dont have the time to go through hunderds of forum pages.

Maybe it's a good idea to open a new thread for each release, and in the first post list the problems users encounter (brief) accompanied with the solution. This would make the forum much more professional looking and user friendly. Now everyting is "thrown" in one big thread, making it impossible to create any sort of structure and therefore people constantly asking the same questions over and over again.

For example: it took a VERY long time before the missing framedriver issue with s912 soc's was explained in a decent way . Now it finally got it's own thread. Even when the alpha s912 firmware was release, there still wasnt any explanation and people where thinking the framebuffer driver was found. Only after some time it was added to the first post that this wasnt the case and a brief explanation was added to this first post. Now finally things are clear for most users.

It is not my goal to be judgemental or critical, but only to offer some "reflection" on how the forum is experienced for average users.

• Thats why in every forum i have been there is always a search button.

Edited once, last by Demetris (May 20, 2017 at 10:57 AM).

• Update: the forum search engine didn't find the nocompat issue. When reading for half an hour and didnt find the issue, i turned to google. luckily google search engine did. It was described 14 pages back.

• I fully understand that but on the flip side of that same coin [WINKING FACE] imagine how long each Dev spends on a build! Demetris how long does it take to complie 1 image?
    Now imagine answering the same question 100 times, 200 times or even 500 times! It can get very annoying and old very quickly.
    Rather then reading page upon page you could try using the thread search function, type in there .nocompat and see if that yields any result's [WINKING FACE]

All the best

Paul

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Thats why in every forum i have been there is always a search button.

This is true, unfortunately searching forum with it's built in engine is hardly an option, because of the terrible search engine of forum software. When a forum is opened to google and one can use googles engine , there is some relief. But for forums that are closed to google, this becomes unworkable.

• Maybe it's a good idea to open a new thread for each release, and in the first post list the problems users encounter (brief) accompanied with the solution. This would make the forum much more professional looking and user friendly. Now everyting is "thrown" in one big thread, making it impossible to create any sort of structure and therefore people constantly asking the same questions over and over again.

I used to do this but people mix issues in threads. There is a sticky post with a request to create a new thread for every issue but most people don't care to read and/or apply the request.

For example: it took a VERY long time before the missing framedriver issue with s912 soc's was explained in a decent way . Now it finally got it's own thread. Even when the alpha s912 firmware was release, there still wasnt any explanation and people where thinking the framebuffer driver was found. Only after some time it was added to the first post that this wasnt the case and a brief explanation was added to this first post. Now finally things are clear for most users.

This is not true. From the very first build I put the information about missing fbdev driver for S912 in the first post. Before I published my first build (after LOTS of experimenting and work) there was a thread that explained again and again why there was no build for S912: thread-1653.html

And lots of people have daytime responsibilities and simply dont have the time to go through hunderds of forum pages.

Please remember that developers are also people with daytime jobs and families, they also commit their time to development.

I have to agree that the search engine is not very friendly, let's hope it changes when the forum software is upgraded this weekend.

• I used to do this but people mix issues in threads. There is a sticky post with a request to create a new thread for every issue but most people don't care to read and/or apply the request.

This is not true. From the very first build I put the information about missing fbdev driver for S912 in the first post. Before I published my first build (after LOTS of experimenting and work) there was a thread that explained again and again why there was no build for S912: thread-1653.html

Please remember that developers are also people with daytime jobs and families, they also commit their time to development.

I have to agree that the search engine is not very friendly, let's hope it changes when the forum software is upgraded this weekend.

We will see. It the mean time i tried to flash 8.0.2 with .nocompat . My s802 box now wont boot anymore. It shows the bootlogo and after that the hdmi port wont output any signal. Now i have to reinvent how to unbrick the box; it was a long time ago when i did it (from android to LE). Seems i needed some amlogic bootfiles on usb/sd along with a zip file.... Maybe when i get the time to do this i can write it down and make a thread for it, so that others can read it, somekind of "first flash / unbrick" tutorial.... Or does this also already exist and i'm really that ignorant :)

Edited once, last by dipswitch (May 21, 2017 at 2:00 PM).

• dipswitch

If you had configured the box with network and enabled ssh before upgrading to 8.0.2, then you should try ssh to the box. There was an issue when going from OE6 or LE7 to LE8 where the display goes blank, basically Kodi 17 hangs.

The solution for that was to ssh to the box and move .kodi to .kodi.old and reboot

• Demetris

Now that Kodi 17.2 is released, eagerly awaiting your 8.0.2 builds for the various amlogic S8X2 platforms. Thanks a lot for spending your time to bring us these fantastic Amlogic builds

Edited once, last by gujal (May 24, 2017 at 2:02 AM).

• Thanks for the upgrade.

Just installed it and it works great at the moment.

It seems working well, thank you. BTW after an hour I had to restart the box, because there was a problem with the migration from OE to LE: “Add-on migration in progress – please wait”. Finally I deleted the addons library and the box booted well. It was around midnight so I have to fix it tonight.

I think this is not the release's error, so I recommend this image as Demetris said. Thanks again.