S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• I wanted to give LbreELEC a try on my old Orbsmart S82. But I cannot get beyond the error message when booting from SD-Card:

Filesystem corruption has been detected!

To prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing, press and key or power off your system within the next 120 seconds

fsck.ext4: read-only file system while trying to open /dev/mmcblk0p2

Disk write-protected; use the -n option to do a read-only check

I tried both the pre-built S8X2 images for S82, and a self-compiled image (based on the tree GitHub - S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv: 'Just enough OS' for Kodi and branch libreelev-8.2), flashed them to SD-Card with dd and with the installer tool. Always the same "read-only filesystem" error.

Can someone help with the location of the init script? I modified an init script in the busybox project to spawn a sh right before the fsck, but apparently my change isn't getting into the initramfs image. Or any other ideas to solve this "read-only filesystem" issue?

If it makes a difference, there is the Finless 2.1 ROM installed.

• Hi Demetris i have read that you have an orbsmart S82.

I have tried to flash your image with the method. Push the reset button in Av Link and the on Button to go into the bootloader.

i select the flash from ext and there the sdcard.

i have burned the image for you o sdcard with the liberelec win tool.

then i get an error that the sdcard can not mount and trying with read only,also with error.

How do you flash your orbsmart S82 (is it the round version?) with an alternetive Image.

Can you help me that i have your Liberelec image on my box

Sorry for my Bad English i am an German ;)

• Demetirs in the update from ext is only the option from SD and the option from udisk.

Must i flash an 812 bootloader to flash from usb???

I Know you post that google help to flash a other bootloader but is a risk to damage the box. Can you give a helpfull tip how i find the wright bootloader?

Thank you for your help

• If i remember right(has been long time now) i could boot 4.4 android with S812 image of MXIII-PLUS. Since then i flashed latest L and couldn't boot but bootloader is ok so i burn image to sdcard and voilà

• I'm sorry but I cant figure out how to install or boot from sd to use LibreElec or Lakka on my MXIII. Cant find the info on the wiki, or the forums. I really need help and maybe a sticky should be made for newbies. Please help and/or point me to the right direction!

All I know from the info I gathered around that my device is a Tronsmart MXIII 2G running firmware "Tronsmart MXIII_115k4_20150603", and I should use S82 builds. But cant for the life of me figure out how to boot from SD or install to nand.

EDIT: Downloaded LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-S82.img, flashed it with Etcher, tried to boot from SD with toothpick and the box shows Filesystem corruption detected. Did the same with Lakka-S8X2.S82.arm-2.1.img, and screen stays black. I really dont know what is going wrong.

Edited 2 times, last by ochentay4 (March 5, 2018 at 2:53 AM).

• I'm sorry but I cant figure out how to install or boot from sd to use LibreElec or Lakka on my MXIII. Cant find the info on the wiki, or the forums. I really need help and maybe a sticky should be made for newbies. Please help and/or point me to the right direction!

All I know from the info I gathered around that my device is a Tronsmart MXIII 2G running firmware "Tronsmart MXIII_115k4_20150603", and I should use S82 builds. But cant for the life of me figure out how to boot from SD or install to nand.

EDIT: Downloaded LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-S82.img, flashed it with Etcher, tried to boot from SD with toothpick and the box shows Filesystem corruption detected. Did the same with Lakka-S8X2.S82.arm-2.1.img, and screen stays black. I really dont know what is going wrong.

With these older boxes, which do not use the same boot logic as the newer boxes, quite often the technique to load LE onto them can take many stages and require loading Android versions before getting to the LE. It can be very box specific and what works for one probably wont for another. Its a matter of experimenting until something works - always running the risk of bricking your box along the way. Knowing how to use AMburn tool is almost essential - which can require physically modifying your board and having a USB A - USB A cable (not common - I had to build my own). Also you can expect to have to short the NAND to recover from SOFT BRICKS along the way.

Also, once you have a working version of LE, do not expect to be able to upgrade it as these boxes are been left behind in the dirt.

No one is going to hold your hand - its up to you to dig out old threads to find out what worked for others. Freaktab and XDA forums are your best sources of information.

Stephen

• As a general guide on these boxes:

Search and research before you mess with it

Always try to boot the correct image for your device, if not failure is quarantined

If sdcard fails to boot try a usb stick

If Usb fails to boot try flashing a newer bootloader as S812 have.

• With these older boxes, which do not use the same boot logic as the newer boxes, quite often the technique to load LE onto them can take many stages and require loading Android versions before getting to the LE. It can be very box specific and what works for one probably wont for another. Its a matter of experimenting until something works - always running the risk of bricking your box along the way. Knowing how to use AMburn tool is almost essential - which can require physically modifying your board and having a USB A - USB A cable (not common - I had to build my own). Also you can expect to have to short the NAND to recover from SOFT BRICKS along the way.

Also, once you have a working version of LE, do not expect to be able to upgrade it as these boxes are been left behind in the dirt.

No one is going to hold your hand - its up to you to dig out old threads to find out what worked for others. Freaktab and XDA forums are your best sources of information.

Stephen

Ok, not trying to get my hand holded, but some links or orientation wouldnt be bad.
    I already made an USB-A to USB-A to flash a terrible MXQ 4K and made a tutorial on other places on how to flash the device, so I have "some" experience, but, as of today, I couldnt even start with the Tronsmart MXIII.
    Ok. Will download and test AMBurn and some roms.

As a general guide on these boxes:

Search and research before you mess with it

Always try to boot the correct image for your device, if not failure is quarantined

If sdcard fails to boot try a usb stick

If Usb fails to boot try flashing a newer bootloader as S812 have.

Ok. Boot from USB also dont work. Could you or someone tell me what bootloader could I try and how to flash it?

• Ok, not trying to get my hand holded, but some links or orientation wouldnt be bad.
    I already made an USB-A to USB-A to flash a terrible MXQ 4K and made a tutorial on other places on how to flash the device, so I have "some" experience, but, as of today, I couldnt even start with the Tronsmart MXIII.
    Ok. Will download and test AMBurn and some roms.

Ok. Boot from USB also dont work. Could you or someone tell me what bootloader could I try and how to flash it?

I have a MXQ 4K 16GB/2GB which is pretty useless with it's original firmware very slow. Did you flash yours with LibreELEC are you able to point me in right direction regards LibreELEC, DTB and remote .rtf versions to install on it?

• I have a MXQ 4K 16GB/2GB which is pretty useless with it's original firmware very slow. Did you flash yours with LibreELEC are you able to point me in right direction regards LibreELEC, DTB and remote .rtf versions to install on it?

MXQ 4K (rockchip chip with 1GB RAM) I have is absolutely different from my Tronsmart MXIII (Amlogic S802 2GB RAM) that I'm trying to flash with LibreElec/Lakka. Dont mix up! MXQ 4K will probably never get a LibreElec release and the post I made about updating it was about upgrading original ROM with an updated one that has less bugs.

• MXQ 4K (rockchip chip with 1GB RAM) I have is absolutely different from my Tronsmart MXIII (Amlogic S802 2GB RAM) that I'm trying to flash with LibreElec/Lakka. Dont mix up! MXQ 4K will probably never get a LibreElec release and the post I made about updating it was about upgrading original ROM with an updated one that has less bugs.

Any chance of sharing where you got your ROM for the MXQ 4K from, the stock ROM I have on mine is useless