S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Hello, first I just want to say thank you Demetris for your amazing work.

I just updated from 7 to 8 with my M8S+ box, everything works fine as far as I can tell, but the box can no longer be turned on with the remote. If I unplug and plug in the power it turns on and the remote can be used. But for some reason the box simply won't recognize the signal from it once it's turned off. Is there any way to fix this?

• I notice that the DTS not working from optical output I take only Dolby Digital 5.1. I have the 8.0.2b. I have the MXIII-G. Is there a change to fix it in the next update ? Do I have to install some addon?

• Hi guys... I would like to get some help from you...

I have a Tronsmart Vega S89 and I'm trying to boot LibreELEC on it.

I downloaded the S82 version from Demetris, burned it to a SD Card and when I try to boot it, I only get a black screen after Tronsmart logo. I tried another S802 files without success. If I try to boot another SD Card (one that I used in my old burned Minix X8-H) it shows the LibreELEC logo, but gets stuck on "can't mount /flash/SYSTEM" (maybe 'cause it's for S802-H devices).

Can anyone out there help me?!

Any help will be so much appreciated! Thanks!

• I used toothpick method but the box boots into Recovery Mode.

That is what i don't understand with Demetris builds.

I have used kszaq builds on old s805 chip boxes as well and they have a script to activate boot from SD Card during first install.

Demetris builds do not seem to have a script to activate SD Card booting when doing a first time install to run LE from SD Card.

That is what is not clear in everything I've read here to get LibreElec running from SD Card.

kostaman

So in Demetris build there is a file called aml_autoscript which on first boot (using toothpick method) seems to - rather invisibly - do something that allows booting from other than NAND. I say from other than NAND rather than from SD card as in my case (with an S82/MXiii) it only allows booting from the 1st USB and not from SD card.

I have not seen Demetris discuss this when folks have asked. I too have asked how to reverse it, without reply from anyone. I can only guess that no one knows the answers.

It would be good if there were more information and expertise on aml_autoscript and maybe a better version that could also support SD card. I understand from some folks posts that they have it working on SD card and I guess that is because the aml_autoscript better supports their particular box.

I have been trying also to get @balbes150's Armbian to work on my MXiii box and I suspect my lack of success is also due to aml_autoscript issues and from what I can gather there is a way to get the info needed to make the right aml_autoscript if you have soldered in a UART connection and dumped the boot process and device-seek-order.

For now, it remains a mystery. But the file is there in the Demetris image, it just may or may not work and no one seems to answer any questions about it.

• I don't think thats even been used by our soc's bootloader

Will fix it on next release :)

Well it has enabled me to boot from 1st USB (only) it does not allow booting from SD card. I have a square MX-iii (2Gb, 802 chip, 100Mbit lan). It would be good if SD boot could be fixed ?

• Hi guys... I would like to get some help from you...

I have a Tronsmart Vega S89 and I'm trying to boot LibreELEC on it.

I downloaded the S82 version from Demetris, burned it to a SD Card and when I try to boot it, I only get a black screen after Tronsmart logo. I tried another S802 files without success. If I try to boot another SD Card (one that I used in my old burned Minix X8-H) it shows the LibreELEC logo, but gets stuck on "can't mount /flash/SYSTEM" (maybe 'cause it's for S802-H devices).

Can anyone out there help me?!

Any help will be so much appreciated! Thanks!

Hi guys... sorry to bother you again... but could anyone point me the right direction to follow?!?

• Hi guys... sorry to bother you again... but could anyone point me the right direction to follow?!?

gilcio you could try booting up first with SD image in using toothpick method to make it multiboot if you haven't done so already, then retry it from SD (without toothpick) and then if that still does not work then try with the USB port instead of SD. Try all ports and possibly only one (the OTG port perhaps) might work.

• gilcio you could try booting up first with SD image in using toothpick method to make it multiboot if you haven't done so already, then retry it from SD (without toothpick) and then if that still does not work then try with the USB port instead of SD. Try all ports and possibly only one (the OTG port perhaps) might work.

Thanks Jed for the support! But unfortunately, it didn't work with any port. Maybe I should try another files. What version should I exactly use for the Tronsmart Vega S89?!

Anyway, if it doesn't work 'til weekend, I'm thinking about disassemblying the tv box and taking a look at UART data for more information.

• gilcio you could try booting up first with SD image in using toothpick method to make it multiboot if you haven't done so already, then retry it from SD (without toothpick) and then if that still does not work then try with the USB port instead of SD. Try all ports and possibly only one (the OTG port perhaps) might work.

How you mean "...then retry it from SD (without toothpick)..."

I don't have multiboot, but I would like to "burn" LE permanently to my MINIX X8-H+ , but "toothpick process" don't work for me :(

I gave write *.img to SD and also USB (I used this command for that: dd if=LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2b-X8H-PLUS.img of=/dev/sdX bs=4M )

-> insert SD card/ USB to Minix ( i tried all ports) -> then I hold reset button before I plug device for more like 2 minutes... nothing happen :(

Am i doing something wrong?

• Not sure if that was reported or not.

I Installed LibreElec on my Probox2 Ex+ .

Everything is going relatively fine as long as I use wired internet connection.

When going to WiFi - it works for 5 seconds and then is gone -- appears as connected but nothing works (related to the internet) and very often the system is stuck and I have to reboot.

• Not sure if that was reported or not.

I Installed LibreElec on my Probox2 Ex+ .

Everything is going relatively fine as long as I use wired internet connection.

When going to WiFi - it works for 5 seconds and then is gone -- appears as connected but nothing works (related to the internet) and very often the system is stuck and I have to reboot.

Image used?