S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• I'm running this on my minix x8h. Use the s82 release :)
    [hr]

use this remote config instructions. i have a minix box and followed this using my minix x8h with my harmony, setting the harmony profile as per that tutorial will give you so many more buttons to use within kodi compared to what the minix remote does!

That's great news .... are there any instructions how to get this working on the minix x8h ?
    Thanks a lot.

• I don't have an s802 box around to test, I only used this image to install one for a friend; however...

I was under the impression that this release was always flashed directly to the device (NAND is just the type of memory that serves as the storage, like a hard drive, on these boxes - in other words, if it's installed on the box, it's on your eMMC / MMC aka NAND storage).

If this release isn't already installed automatically in that matter, all you do is boot to recovery and flash the .zip file by choosing to "Flash ZIP File" from the recovery menu, then choosing "uboot" if it's from a USB stick, or "sboot" if it's from a MicroSD card. Once you do this, it will be written to your device, overwriting the original SYSTEM partition / removing Android an replacing it with this native Kodi/LibreElec build.

Does that make sense?

I've tried the above and get the errors in the attached screenshot. The only way I have been able to run Libreelec is by using the USB/SD Creator tool and the gz compressed image file to boot from SD card. Any ideas?

In terms of the resume function, I just changed my HDMI-CEC setting on my TV to not power down the device when the TV was turned off.

• I managed to load this to my Gbox Q but for some reason wont load on my M8 funny thing is up until this point the same libreelec files worked on both.Anyway another issue I'm having is my menu button does not work on my Gbox Q it has in past files so I tried loading a remote config file but same issue tried 3 of them all the same result my menu button wont work.We use it all the time is there any way to fix this

• I've tried the above and get the errors in the attached screenshot. The only way I have been able to run Libreelec is by using the USB/SD Creator tool and the gz compressed image file to boot from SD card. Any ideas?

I don't think you're alone.

I have no problem running @kszac's img.tg builds on s905's, but I've never been able to get Demetris img.gz builds to run on s802 hardware (tested only on round S82 boxes aka Orbsmart).

In fact, I can get OpenELEC running on the S82 boxes I have, but any time I install Demetris S82 builds for the same hardware, it just boot loops.

Speaking of which, it may be easier for you to start / try the "kerber" builds of OpenELEC and get everything working, before you try these LibreELEC builds. I know that might sound like a waste of time, but for some reason, those builds always work without a problem for me, and it will help you get a feel for what should be happening, and if it's actually something you're doing wrong ...or... truly a problem with compatibility.

This is the link to those builds for testing:
    MEGA

Depending on your box, you won't necessarily have an option for a 7.0.2 OpenELEC build, you may have to go back to 6.0.0, which is fine, because this is for diagnostic and learning purposes both, you can always upgrade once you get this one working.

Also, I thought you were going to try unzipping Demetris latest build and flashing through recovery ("Flash from EXT" > choose drive > choose .ZIP) - have you had any success with that?

Moving on .. This post raises a question for Demetris:

First, thank you for all you do. Your work is awesome, and the time you dedicate to others is amazing.

Do you have any idea why there might be problems in your LibreELEC builds on certain hardware, which runs great with the old CodeSnake/Kerber builds? For example, I have S82 boxes and I can install Kerber's builds without any problem.

When I download any of your LibreELEC 8-RC releases, I get boot-loops (reflashing, rebooting, reflashing) if I attempt to apply the terminal "reboot update" method (or directly via recovery).

I'll go back to those S82 boxes that won't run with your release, and install the S82 OpenELEC builds without problem.

Could there be a problem or compatibility issue with your Round S82 builds specifically?

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Someone mentioned the old "alpha" release in 2016 worked when all of the newer releases did not. I've tried this and indeed the Alpha installs on the S82 boxes. The RC4 bootloops to re-attempt flashing, on the same S82 boxes. What could be causing the problem in RC4?

Edited once, last by rkmfl (March 8, 2017 at 4:21 PM).

• Hi guys here..i was in the impression that S802 devices has been abandoned
    .but i guess not..libreelec..for S802..CAN this be tested on an sd card or usb ...is this compatible on an old M8N ANDROID BOX..pcb board 0.91...any ideas guys

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    [hr]
    [quote='warlock09','https://207.154.221.202/thread/?postID=39236#post39236']
    Hi guys here..i was in the impression that S802 devices has been abandoned
    .but i guess not..libreelec..for S802..CAN this be tested on an sd card or usb ...is this compatible on an old M8N ANDROID BOX..pcb board 0.91...any ideas guys ..thank you..

[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Edited once, last by warlock09 (March 8, 2017 at 10:04 PM).

• Try M8 image 1st

Sent from the Island of Venus

Hi Demetris,

Tried 2 different images with 2 different SD Cards, when I boot with RESET Button, I get the message:
    File System corruption detected
    any key or power off your system within the next 120 seconds

I powered down the box, pulled the SD and it still boots to Android OK.

Is there anything I can try, didnt want to risk letting the auto-repair run after 120 secs in case it trashes my eMMC

• Tried to apply update zip from SD card using EXT option, that's the screenshot I attached. So I'm out of options, not that it's an issue as Libreelec runs fine on an SD card, it would just be nice to boot from internal.

I've also tried SSH' in and entering in installtointernal, but get a permission denied message.

LASTLY, Demetris, thank you for your work on this!!!

• Hi all
    I'm new to libreelec and I need help getting this work on a minix x8h.
    I have a beelink mxiii with s905 and i followed kszaq's guide and it work very good. Now with demetris's s82 for my minix x8h what do I do ?
    There's 3 files there tar , img.gz , and zip which one do i use and how ? The minix has 3 usb ports and one sd card port.
    Maybe if someone can post a general tutorial how to get this working.
    Thanks

• use etcher to burn the img.gz file to your sd card, insert the sd card into the minix box then boot in recovery, LE will boot after it updates and will always boot to LE with the sd card inserted.

• I cant find a Openelec IMg.gz file that looks like it will dual boot from SD card.. can someone please assist me? I tried a couple of LibreElec builds from the first post but get the error

File System corruption detected
    any key or power off your system within the next 120 seconds

Appreciate any assistance here, as I would like to try SD boot first..

• use etcher to burn the img.gz file to your sd card, insert the sd card into the minix box then boot in recovery, LE will boot after it updates and will always boot to LE with the sd card inserted.

Thanks a lot I'll let you know how it goes