S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Once moving things to the internal storage, is there a way to stop it from trying to boot from SD, I would like to use the SD as a storage device for the media, but find evertime I reset the system it tries to load from SD and does not load, appriciate some directions as I have not been able to find anything that will address this. The only thing I can think of is partition the sd card

partition 1: fat32 w/the image

partition 2: exfat for the media files

thank-you in advance.

• Hi all, if I want to try this out on an SD Card, do I just dump the img file to the SD Card and boot the box up? Is there a toothpick method or something I will need to do?

Thanks.

• Hi, I just did clean install of the latest release (LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.6) and fast forwarding of any video file either makes the system unresponsive until restart or freezes the video leaving audio playing in the background.

I can confirm this problem is also happening on my MXIII-4K. Fast Forwarding (right arrow button) makes the system unresponsive. @Demetris

• Hi all, I am fairly new to this stuff so please bear with me.

I have an MXIII 4k tv box with;

Amlogic S802 processor

2GB RAM and 8GB ROM

4.4.2 Android OS

Quad Cortex A9

Octa Mali 450

WIFI: IEEE 802. 11a/b/g/n

and it"s been running on the same firmware ever since I bought it years ago, so if there is a new firmware that works with it fine can you please attach it and a link or some brief steps on how to flash it. Thank you.

• I can confirm this problem is also happening on my MXIII-4K. Fast Forwarding (right arrow button) makes the system unresponsive. @Demetris

I second that. Tried all LE9 versions with the same issue, rendering the device pretty much not usable.
    I tried to boot LE8 roms but somehow they just doesn't boot from SD.

• Is there already a way for me to update my MXiii S802 Box ? i am still trying to install PiHole on it =\ Either using Libreelec or Linux itself.

Currently Running : Libre elec 8.2.3 / Kodi 17.6

• NicoLE

The 9.x image S82 will work on MX-III 2GB version.

There is no 9.x build available for the MXIII 1GB version

This is disappointing. Just when I was able to get some use out of my old S802 1G version. It was a mess playing around with so many img and tar.

This box i think is a lock bootloader and I could not play with booting off SD/USB. Would have made it easier to trial and error. I have to flash the original OpenELEC update into eMMC then proceed with upgrading the tar file.

Like NicoLE, I too can only use version 8.2.3 but problems loading kernel (takes a long time to boot) while 8.0.2b is the newest version without boot issue. That is the latest version available for the 1G version.

I hope someone compile version 9.x for the 1GB. Is Kodi that RAM hungry that it can not be used with 1GB? We can always turn off all the niceties if required.

Now only if someone able to provide with a flash update to turn my box to run Armbian. I will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Edited once, last by hieppo (March 9, 2021 at 11:12 PM).

• I have a MXIII box this one, i've tried to follow the guide, i've tried to pick the right img file to burn to my 64gb sandisk which burns fine, after countless of trying to reboot the box into recovery which i finally got into, i got to ext/sd and its blank (Argh) i think i'm just about given up with this now.

i've installed x amount of messiah chips for ps2, Xecuter chips for the original xbox and yet i can't seem to figure this sh*t out.

hopefully i can get some help with this.

• Try a usb stick. Burn the image to usb and try again. If it doesn't work in first usb port try the other. I have the same problem, seems it doesn't work from SD on some boxes.

• Try a usb stick. Burn the image to usb and try again. If it doesn't work in first usb port try the other. I have the same problem, seems it doesn't work from SD on some boxes.

LibreELEC-S82.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.6.img.gz or LibreELEC-S82.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.5.img.gz for my box? anyways i'll try both and i'll let you know how i get on, again thank you for the help.

so it finds the usb flashdrive but cpmes up with a bunch of yellow text with errors

Edited 2 times, last by sportsvcd: update (April 3, 2021 at 11:03 AM).

• Hl!

Sorry for offtop.

I looking for dualboot script for amalogic s812 (tronsmart mx iii)

(on 4pda and freaktab exist the links on this file, but they are is the dead )

Big thank for any help

• U

No idea what you're talking about /shrug

Hi!

I want boot android from sd card on my mx iii amalogic s812, because emmc probably is not working

I read on different forums. Exist possible to activate boot android from sd.

I think that if exists possibility start the libreelec/Linux from sd, probably exist possible boot android from sd

Не уявляю, про що ти / знизити плечіма

Ідея U