Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• I mean it could be an issue with AEL offline scrapper that changes year and title for Megadrive. I need to take a look but if it is an AEL's issue we must wait until developer fixes it.

In the meanwhile manual edition is the key :P

Ok for those having trouble to scrape Megadrive metadata with offline scraper download this:Sega MegaDrive - fixed.xml.txt...rename it to "Sega MegaDrive.xml" replace this with the one in Storage\.kodi\addons\plugin.program.advanced.emulator.launcher\GameDBInfo

• Hey Bite,

so this weekend i test it lakka which included retroarch too.

Before i was test it dolphin emu in your addon without any success because stuttering all the time.

On lakka i test it too and dolphin working without any problems???

• Hey Bite,

so this weekend i test it lakka which included retroarch too.

Before i was test it dolphin emu in your addon without any success because stuttering all the time.

On lakka i test it too and dolphin working without any problems???

You can grab dolphin core from Lakka sd card and paste in Libreelec installation to test if works ok.

Also you can grab retroarch binary from lakka and rename it and paste ir into retroarch addon folder, then retroarch addon will show lakka options in menu but you can try if performance is ok.

Finally, overclock settings may change from Lakka to LE.

• What is the command for ES es_systems.cfg to launch retroarch and ask what core to use?thanks

edit:To be more clear I need this for a custom rom folder...basically I added a favorites folder to ES with different roms which need different cores and I need retroarch to ask for which core to use on rom launch..

Edited once, last by Mario77 (January 25, 2018 at 12:37 AM).

• What is the command for ES es_systems.cfg to launch retroarch and ask what core to use?thanks

edit:To be more clear I need this for a custom rom folder...basically I added a favorites folder to ES with different roms which need different cores and I need retroarch to ask for which core to use on rom launch..

I don't know if it can be done with this ES binary... My bets are on editing es_systems.cfg's command line removing core name and then editing your favorites gamelist.xml and adding core name before rom path. The idea is that this addon launches retroarch like this:

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.start core_name path/to/the/rom.zip ES

and es_systems makes the call like this:

Code
    <command>/storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.start fceumm %ROM% ES</command>

and gets %ROM% variable from gamelist.xml. So if you add the core in gameslist.xml as I said, adn you remove corename from command line, maybe, it will work.... just maybe...

I know that modded ES from retropie or recalbox can achieve this but I really don't know how it works...

good luck!

• Hi I had this working some time ago but I forgot how I did it...the command looked something like this...but this has something missing,I m sure there was "detect" instead of rom name

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.start DETECT %ROM% ES
  • Hi I had this working some time ago but I forgot how I did it...the command looked something like this...but this has something missing,I m sure there was "detect" instead of rom name

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/addon.start DETECT %ROM% ES

wow... it looks promising... maybe we can check if it is available with CLI:

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/game.retroarch-RPi --features
    or
    /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/game.retroarch-RPi --help

I need to try that...

• wow... it looks promising... maybe we can check if it is available with CLI:

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/game.retroarch-RPi --features
    or
    /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/game.retroarch-RPi --help

I need to try that...

Thanks

It should open retroarch and list the cores you can run the rom with...then save the core you use so next time it just run the rom..

Edited once, last by Mario77 (January 25, 2018 at 1:43 PM).

• Thanks

It should open retroarch and list the cores you can run the rom with...then save the core you use so next time it just run the rom..

I see no option like that in --help:

I think that editing gamelists as I said before can make the trick...

• You can grab dolphin core from Lakka sd card and paste in Libreelec installation to test if works ok.

Hey, i grab the core but it is the same like on your addon bite.

The other thing:

Also you can grab retroarch binary from lakka and rename it and paste ir into retroarch addon folder, then retroarch addon will show lakka options in menu but you can try if performance is ok.

Dont know what i should use in lakka and rename for the addon. Can u say me what i need?

• Dont know what i should use in lakka and rename for the addon. Can u say me what i need?

You can search and copy "retrarch" binary from lakka it should be in /bin or /usr/bin folder. Then rename and paste in LE installation in /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/game.retroarch-RPi and finally give exec permissions. I really don't know if it will work but it is whay I would do... Ir binary and cores are the same and performance in not the same then it is something related with OS or config settings.

Another thing you should try, before anything else, is to try retroarch addon with that core in a fresh new LE installation because maybe your installation has some settings or configurations modified, or even another addon is making some influence in performance...

• I just opened this issue for the ROCK64 compatibility, in case anyone wants to follow or add detail: EmulationStation and RetroArch won't start · Issue #94 · bite-your-idols/Gamestarter · GitHub