Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• Hello,

I am using a Rock64 board (from PINE64) with a dedicated Libreelec 8.2 rom and it work really great,

BUT

When I try to launch Retroarch or Emulation Station, Libreelec ask me if I want to qui Kodi to run Retroarch or EmuStation.

I say yes and then I have the main logo page (for both programs) but few seconds later it go back to home screen of kodi....

It seems it can not quit kodi to launch emulators....

Does anybody know what I should do?

Thanks

• logs are located in /storage/.kodi/temp/retroarch.log and /storage/.kodi/temp/retroarch_debuug.log but I guess they will say nothing helpful since this addon is just for RPi and Generic LibreELEC.

About dual booting... I really don't know, sorry.

• Hello,

First, thanks for your great addon.

I have migrate my old Gamestarter addon to the new repo.

I have delete all old folder, and after reconfigure retroarch, the emulation run fine.

My problem is with the library in retroarch. The boxart don't show correctly, the boxart is "blue"

My picture in attachment show this problem.

I tried some modifications in the configuration of the interface, but nothing solve this.

Can you help me ?

• I remember another user had same issue some months ago but I don't know If he/she could solve it... Did you try by changing xmb background opacity? You can change background color and check if thumbnail color also changes. Did you try using thumbnails instead of boxarts?

I really don't know, these are just the firts things that came to my head...

maybe lollo78 can help us

• I installed the new Retroarch addon, i downloaded the cores from settings window, but Retroarch does not see the roms, either zipped or unzipped, and so it does not create/update the playlist.

• I installed the new Retroarch addon, i downloaded the cores from settings window, but Retroarch does not see the roms, either zipped or unzipped, and so it does not create/update the playlist.

if you came from old all-in-one addon you will need to clean your userdata folder (backup your files) and make repo and addons fresh installation. If it does not find any rom check where it is looking for roms, maybe roms path is different...

• I remember another user had same issue some months ago but I don't know If he/she could solve it... Did you try by changing xmb background opacity? You can change background color and check if thumbnail color also changes. Did you try using thumbnails instead of boxarts?

I really don't know, these are just the firts things that came to my head...

maybe lollo78 can help us

Thanks for your answer.

I have allready tried this changes before posting, nothing work...

The problem is not related with the background.

• Hi bite_your_idols, I love your addon.

One quick question: When I load the dosbox core, all of the keyboard input is wrong. According to the documentation (PC · RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup Wiki · GitHub) in order to fix this I have to edit the dosbox.conf file. I there a way I can edit this file? Whereabouts is it located on my drive?

Sorry if someone has asked this before. I had a look through the thread but couldn't see anything.

• if you came from old all-in-one addon you will need to clean your userdata folder (backup your files) and make repo and addons fresh installation. If it does not find any rom check where it is looking for roms, maybe roms path is different...

Ok, now everything works regularly, thank you very much.

• Hello bite_your_idols,

first off all, thx for the addon. Retroarch now working good on my mini HTPC with j3455 itx processor.

Now i have some questions:

Game playing with the SNES/NES/N64 Emus wporking without any problems.

When i wanted to do play gamecube games all the games stuttering on the dolphin/gamecube Emu??

Dont know why? On the net i read that the j3455 have enough speed for gaming