Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• I don't see why the Kodi devs would care as it has nothing to do with Kodi (except perhaps mapping for the peripheral.input addon). It's not really an "issue" either, it's just that the kernel driver was a big mess before and now they cleaned it up and added functionality. The touchpad even works as a mouse now. Mappings and auto configurations need to be updated.

Here's my mappings for RetroArch and Kodi peripheral.input addon:

LibreELEC.tv/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig-01-ds4-4.10-kernel.patch at le82 · escalade/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

LibreELEC.tv/Wireless_Controller_13b_8a.xml at ca235667284b30094ca577327431f8e96b01221a · escalade/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

• You are right, it is not an issue, but they ignored that it is related with kernel update, so I just have tell them because garbear is trying to make a Player Manager in order to assing controllers for different player number, so this info can help him.

But one thing, for me both DS3 and DS4 are working ok in LE8.1.2, using them in kodi, emulationstation and retroarch and everything is fine. The problem appeared in LE9 testbuild from 0714 with update to kernel 4.12. And, as they say in reddit link, the problem is because both DS3 and DS4 are recognized as 2 controllers, one for motion sensors (controller0) and another for standard joystick (controller1). In kodi (after configuring them from scratch) and ES you can use them but in retroarch (and retroplayer) they don't work.

So, if I use your posted "Sony-PlayStation4-DualShock4-Controller-Bluez-4.10.cfg" should it work?

• I'm using my own fork which is based on 8.2 but have updated most of the core components like kernel, mesa, glibc, drivers etc.

I see.

Do you know how should I edit my cfg for DS3 in order to make it works as you did with DS4? unfortunately I can not pair my DS4 using bluetooth and when I use USB retroarch still not wotking with you cfg file...

EDIT: Peace of cake. Connected a keyboard and the DS, then I use keyboard to go in retroarch to input>player 1 binds> bind all and then go pressing DS buttons. Both of them work ok in retroarch but.... just via USB... something is going wrong with bluetooth pairing... I will continue testing another day.

• not sure if this is the right place to ask this question...I m trying to play some N64 roms with a usb Snes controller which works fine with most roms but with the n64 the up and down and right left directions are not working in most games...anything I can do?

• So I m not able to set my own images in ES in a raspberry pi 2...I got the scraped images and lists but I might be missing something...do I need to stop ES service before copying or editing?What are the ssh commands to stop and start service ES?Thanks

Edit :nevermind...found out a way...just renaming addondata folder worked like a charm

Edited once, last by Mario77 (September 30, 2017 at 1:52 AM).

• please, explain it to me.

Was trying to make my own gamelist.xml and images with sselph for ES but they weren't saving...might be that ES service was running even with addon closed(not sure)So I renamed the addon data folder for ES..then restarted and edited then restarted again and they all loaded

• not sure if this is the right place to ask this question...I m trying to play some N64 roms with a usb Snes controller which works fine with most roms but with the n64 the up and down and right left directions are not working in most games...anything I can do?

Did you get this to work? Have the same problem, can't get the controls to work even though it works give for SNES or NES

• Seems odd. What controller do you use? I have the 8bitdo SNES controller

I m also using snes controller...mine is usb but same setup..same buttons...I just started lately experimenting with retro games so I m not into it that much....I can play few games properly with a snes controller including neogeo,mame,nes,sega,snes..

snes

• Not sure if I should ask her or make a new post about installing and using gamestarter.

I downloaded dragged and dropped Game starter3 to my \\LIBREELEC and installed it now not sure how to get going. I am thinking since I have no roms or bioses just drag and dropping the some of the "Gamestarter/packages/" into the folders on my libreelc raspi box . the thing is I am not sure exactly where is it the \\LIBREELEC\Emulators area.

originally I did the install of gamestarter3 installed it could not get it working looked for tuts on it found one on utube "gamestarter run emulators in kodi Raspi Openelec or Libreelec" but I failed to understand how to load the cores, roms and such.

if anyone can point me in the right direction on where to get the Roms and instructions on how to properly install and get up and running

Edited once, last by Shadowmeph (October 6, 2017 at 10:05 PM).