Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• I other N64 roms work ok it has nothing to do with core configs... I really don't know what can be happening, I don't like N64 so it is a system I don't use it and I don't know if this is also happening in PC or another platforms...

• Hi guys !!

First, thx for this wonderful addon

I have a question though : I can't scrap anything in EmulationStation, it nevers finds any of my games, and I can't figure where to put gamelist.xml and pictures in the Pi.

FYI I have an old install on a Pi 3 with everything scraped, but paths are different now in the V3 version (and 2.9 too btw).

All my roms are working fine, but I can't for the hell of me scrap anything on a fresh install on a new Pi3 for a friend...

Very frustrating, do you have any clue ?

Thx

NVM, i've found the solution, a previous installation of Gamestarter 3.0 left some config files and it put a mess...

Thx

Edited once, last by NeB (September 15, 2017 at 3:28 PM).

• I'm having a hard time getting you new repo to work.

The old one use to work fine but upon changing my sd card in my pi2 I have started fresh.

My first problem is it looks like I have to download each core separately which I wish to use. That's fine but I can't find a single n64 core.

Secondly psx emulation use to work spot on in previous gamestarter version now on the new repo it's very slow fps to a unplayable point.

Anybody having theses issues or am I doing something wrong.

Cheers

• My first problem is it looks like I have to download each core separately which I wish to use. That's fine but I can't find a single n64 core.

You can download full lakka core package from addon settings window. They are the same as in previous all-in-one addon. There you can find mupen64plus core for N64.

Secondly psx emulation use to work spot on in previous gamestarter version now on the new repo it's very slow fps to a unplayable point.

If you use psx core from lakka full package and performance is still poor, maybe it is related with overclock settings in your previous SD.

When downloading each core separately, they are downloaded from libretro's buildbot and sometimes they are not so stable.

• Hi...using EmulationStation with retroarch on generic 8.1.1...Cannot manage to save artwork...It's scraping ok and I can see the thumbs near each game but when I Quit and go back there is nothing...

• Hi...using EmulationStation with retroarch on generic 8.1.1...Cannot manage to save artwork...It's scraping ok and I can see the thumbs near each game but when I Quit and go back there is nothing...

Try with the new RA update 8.167.4, I removed an --ignore-gamelists flag I found in ES launcher script, that should do the trick.

• Should Emulation Station work with raspberry pi 2 running libreelec 8.1.1? I got retroarch working and running the games..but when I lounch them from ES nothing happens ...just black screen and goes back to game menu...thanks

• Should Emulation Station work with raspberry pi 2 running libreelec 8.1.1? I got retroarch working and running the games..but when I lounch them from ES nothing happens ...just black screen and goes back to game menu...thanks

Yes, it should work. Please post your ra & es logs.

• Just to update...if i install both ES and RA on a clean install...download all cores from RA settings without opening the addon then ES works...but when I open RA it's not working properly...the logos are black boxes and it s not responding