Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• You have to enable hidden folders and files in kodi settings. IALR addon must point to gamestarter.sh script, not retroarch binary. Did you run IARL settings wizard?

I didn't run the wizard...it doesn't seem to start...i can sort of highlight it...but it doesn't seem to execute..the ok button works up in the box though..but that doesn't seem to trigger it ..? As far as the IARL addon is concered, it seems like it points only to a folder where retroarch is located. not a specific file in the addon settings. One other question..is it possible to upgrade retroarch binary to 1.3.4?
    tia.

Edited once, last by zipeee (June 17, 2016 at 5:01 PM).

• I didn't run the wizard...it doesn't seem to start...i can sort of highlight it...but it doesn't seem to execute..the ok button works up in the box though..but that doesn't seem to trigger it ..? As far as the IARL addon is concered, it seems like it points only to a folder where retroarch is located. not a specific file in the addon settings. One other question..is it possible to upgrade retroarch binary to 1.3.4?
    tia.

I am in touch with IARL creator trying to fix this issue, I don't know if it is related with the path or with the folder name that don't let the wizard start...
    When I have some news I will post over here... Meanwhile, If you, or anyone else, make it work, please let me know.

About retroarch 1.3.4, it is included in my package, you just have to browse to /storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin and rename "retroarch" to "retroarch_1.3.2", then "retroarch_1.3.4" to "retroarch" and give it execution permissions. I don't set it by default because it is taken from lakka distro, so if you update lakka from settings menu, you will lost LibreELEC, so be carefull..

I don't know how to compile retroarch for Pi, if anyone gives me some tutorial I will take a look, or if someone knows how to compile and want to do it for gamestarter I will apreciate that ;)

• I am in touch with IARL creator trying to fix this issue, I don't know if it is related with the path or with the folder name that don't let the wizard start...
    When I have some news I will post over here... Meanwhile, If you, or anyone else, make it work, please let me know.

About retroarch 1.3.4, it is included in my package, you just have to browse to /storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin and rename "retroarch" to "retroarch_1.3.2", then "retroarch_1.3.4" to "retroarch" and give it execution permissions. I don't set it by default because it is taken from lakka distro, so if you update lakka from settings menu, you will lost LibreELEC, so be carefull..

I don't know how to compile retroarch for Pi, if anyone gives me some tutorial I will take a look, or if someone knows how to compile and want to do it for gamestarter I will apreciate that

Tut for compiling retroarch: Raspberry Pi • View topic - RetroArch on Raspbian: the tutorial --might have to do it first on a raspian image then copy it over to lbreelec/openelec...I don't know if and doubt if they have the libraries to compile it.

Edited once, last by zipeee (June 18, 2016 at 8:47 PM).

• I seem to have gotten it working...it seems like on default, IARL was pointing either to cores that weren't downloaded or don't exist on retroarch. I downloaded and point IARL to the right core by right clicking / pressing 'c' on the platfrom in the IARL listing.

• Tut for compiling retroarch: Raspberry Pi • View topic - RetroArch on Raspbian: the tutorial --might have to do it first on a raspian image then copy it over to lbreelec/openelec...I don't know if and doubt if they have the libraries to compile it.

I compiled it following the tut but it didn't work...

I seem to have gotten it working...it seems like on default, IARL was pointing either to cores that weren't downloaded or don't exist on retroarch. I downloaded and point IARL to the right core by right clicking / pressing 'c' on the platfrom in the IARL listing.

maybe it is a problem related with the addon folder name or with the path to script... But, with context menu editing, you can make it works... I am trying to fix that method

hi bite_your_idols,
    do uae4arm support joypads (xbox360 wireless controller)? how to setup it in gamestarter.uae? thx

UAE4ARM does support joypads, but maybe you need some keypress or mouse button press in order to enter game, skip crackintro screens or whatelse... I tested libretro core port of this emulator and joypads work flawlessly, also for enter games, I used my dualshock and there was no need for any key or mouse press... on the other hand the sound is a bit chunky because it is an alpha beta of the core... I am thinking about including the optional feature for next Gamestarter verision to be toggled from addon settings...

• News about IARL addon installation!

You can replace the file "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin/install_iarl.sh" with this updated one:
    install_iarl.sh
    it will install the latest addon version with correct folder name.

Also, zachmorris, addon creator, told me he updated paths for Gamestarter installation, but I couldn't try it yet. After run wizard and select external launcher, all emulators should work.

• Hi thank you for this wonderfull addon ;)

Work very well for me (I use psx and snex emulator).

Got just one problem but, I don't think it's your addon.

I have a mini wireless bluetooth (thrusmaster) pad (with a special bluetooth key, only compatible with my pad, auto pair) wich works very well.
    -> this one is not detected in libreelec but detected in your addon.

I try to add my madcatz C.T.R.L with another bluetooth dongle .
    -> this one is deteced and paired in Libreelec but not detected by any frontend or emulators.... really don't know why....

If you have any idea ?

Thanks

• I've just got a nearly similar problem, but with a genuine DS3 Controller.
    Right now I'm playing with a DS4 Controller, but experiencing a heavy Input lag sometimes ( for instance in Snes9xnext playing Super Mario Land ) of sometimes several seconds.
    I tried to get a DS3 working without luck.
    Controller gets paired in Libreelec, but in retroarch it won't work.
    When connected via USB i get Controller 1356/616 not configured.
    Via BT i get 2578/1 not configured. Once it showed as Playstation 3 Controller connected, but I could not use any Button. Auto config all did not work, since no Button presses where detected, hence skipping every Button automatically.

• about madcatz controller you can check this out:
    Setting up C.T.R.L.R in RetroArch | Mad Catz M.O.J.O.

about dualshock3, when connecting the controller via bluetooth or usb you must see "PLAYSTATION(R)3" or "Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3" display in left bottom corner. Check if you have this both config files "PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller.cfg" and "Sony PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller.cfg" in /storage/.config/rertroarch/autoconfig/ folder. I think you can try to update controller databse inside retroarch menu but I am not sure right now.

• A dumb Retroarch question ...

How to configuration "Core Options" for individual games ?

Example: my Playstation 1 games ...

Ridge Racer works great (and looks great) with Core Options : Enhanced Resolution (slow)

but other games don't like this setting and "glitch"

"Final Doom" looks "interlaced" with the Enhanced Resolution setting (disable it, and it looks fine)

so .... if there a way to "Setup" the config for each game and save it. and when the game launches ... it loads the correct config ?

• thx for the addon- its great! I have 1 problem- how do I return to kodi while I inside a game playing? do i have to shut down my pi everytime? Im only connected with a gamepad. yatse is not reacting! Sb has a solution?

p.s. N64 games are really slow and not playable atm!

Edited once, last by syrell (July 11, 2016 at 2:27 PM).

• thx for the addon- its great! I have 1 problem- how do I return to kodi while I inside a game playing? do i have to shut down my pi everytime? Im only connected with a gamepad. yatse is not reacting! Sb has a solution?

p.s. N64 games are really slow and not playable atm!

To retur to kodi you just need to quit retroarch. For this, you need to press menu button on your gamepad (Ps button on dualshocks, box button in 360 controllers for example) and you will enter retroarch menu, the select quit retroarch.
    If you are in emulationstation, then you need to press menu button again and select exit emulationstation.

About n64, it depends in your overclock settings and the game you are trying to run, but yes, retroarch's n64 core for raspberries is not so fluid.

• To retur to kodi you just need to quit retroarch. For this, you need to press menu button on your gamepad (Ps button on dualshocks, box button in 360 controllers for example) and you will enter retroarch menu, the select quit retroarch.
    If you are in emulationstation, then you need to press menu button again and select exit emulationstation.

About n64, it depends in your overclock settings and the game you are trying to run, but yes, retroarch's n64 core for raspberries is not so fluid.

I have a logitech rumblepad 2- it dont have a menu button. when i'm in Emulationstation i can us the start button , but when I launch the game the start button becomes the start button of the game.

• I have a logitech rumblepad 2- it dont have a menu button. when i'm in Emulationstation i can us the start button , but when I launch the game the start button becomes the start button of the game.

If you have tried all buttons and no one opens retroarch menu you can do 2 things:
    1- connect an USB keyboard, press F1, select input configurations and change "hot keys" selecting the ones from your gamepad as you want.

2- you can edit this file:
    /storage/.config/retroarch/autoconfig/Logitech_Logitech_RumblePad_2_USB.cfg
    and you can add at the bottom this lines:

input_enable_hotkey_btn = "8"
    input_menu_toggle_btn = "0"
    input_exit_emulator_btn = "9"

this way you can exit pressing select + start and you can enter menu pressing select + Y (or triangle, I dont know exactly how this gamepad is :) )

• Edited once, last by syrell (July 11, 2016 at 6:53 PM).

• Still can't get my DS3 Controller to work.
    Made a fresh install of kodi and Gamestarter.
    Controller is recognized by Retroarch ( Playstation 3 Controller configured at Port 0 ) via BT.
    But I can't configure any Buttons. ( No Button press recognized )