Posts by syrell

I have a 2.5 hdd plugged in at the usbport of my rpi, when I shutdown libreelec the hdd immediatly lose power and the hdd really does not sound healthy everytime . Can that cause dmg to it.
    I have all the media files on the hdd and it gets its power from the usbport. Is libreelec putting it into standby before shutting down? Would be a desirable feature.

It's not that we don't believe you but certain logging is always helpful. If you have access to SSH, give the URLs of the following commands:

Code
    blkid | pastebinit
    mount | pastebinit
    dmesg | pastebinit
    pastebinit ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Also, /var should not be taken into consideration for a video source at all. /var is part of the readonly system partition. LibreELEC only uses /storage and subsequent subfolders as user space.

I dont know why the system is mounting my hdd there in var/ folder

only things you should backup are (it is not necesary because installation won't overwrite them, but just in case):
    - /storage/.config/advancedlauncher/launchers.xml -> if you added/edit advanced launchher game/emulator lists
    - /storage/.config/emulationstation/es_systems.xml -> if you added/edit emualtionstation game/emulator lists
    - /storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg -> If you edited some retroarch configurations

Also, if you want, you can make a SD image using UWB Image Tools, and in case something goes wrong you can restore your whole system...

please tell us your feedback after updating.

do i have to uninstall the addon first?

does gs support nds games?

Retroarch config file is located in /storage/.config/retroarch but I think you can not lower the input lag with any config file, but try it by yourself.

It is so strange, because it should work out-of-the-box, just plug-and-play...
    Try with this libretro forums thread solution, or ask them over there:
    showthread.php?t=4629

I could not reduce the input lag! sadly! Will the N64 Emulation maybe better someday or is the rpi2 always to slow for it?

To retur to kodi you just need to quit retroarch. For this, you need to press menu button on your gamepad (Ps button on dualshocks, box button in 360 controllers for example) and you will enter retroarch menu, the select quit retroarch.
    If you are in emulationstation, then you need to press menu button again and select exit emulationstation.

About n64, it depends in your overclock settings and the game you are trying to run, but yes, retroarch's n64 core for raspberries is not so fluid.

I have a logitech rumblepad 2- it dont have a menu button. when i'm in Emulationstation i can us the start button , but when I launch the game the start button becomes the start button of the game.