Librelec is mounting HDD in media/ and var/media folder

• Hi,

I have a problem that Kodi is recognizing some of my files twice. I have a series and kodi is marking epsiodes in /media/hdd and in var/media/hdd when i plugin the hdd. Therefore the episodes appear twice in Kodi. But its not doing it for all files on the hdd only 2 seriesfolders. Somebody has an idea how to fix this?

thx
    Syrell

• Official Post

It's not that we don't believe you but certain logging is always helpful. If you have access to SSH, give the URLs of the following commands:

Code
    blkid | pastebinit
    mount | pastebinit
    dmesg | pastebinit
    pastebinit ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Also, /var should not be taken into consideration for a video source at all. /var is part of the readonly system partition. LibreELEC only uses /storage and subsequent subfolders as user space.

Edited once, last by Klojum (July 30, 2016 at 1:33 PM).

• It's not that we don't believe you but certain logging is always helpful. If you have access to SSH, give the URLs of the following commands:

Code
    blkid | pastebinit
    mount | pastebinit
    dmesg | pastebinit
    pastebinit ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Also, /var should not be taken into consideration for a video source at all. /var is part of the readonly system partition. LibreELEC only uses /storage and subsequent subfolders as user space.

I dont know why the system is mounting my hdd there in var/ folder

Edited once, last by syrell (August 12, 2016 at 12:46 PM).

• /media is symbolic link to /var/media

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ls -al /media
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            10 Aug  3 20:18 /media -> /var/media

and this is perfectly fine. Your problems didn't happen because of this.

Edited once, last by vpeter (August 4, 2016 at 4:41 PM).