Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• Did you go to ES addon settings and set path to /storage/emulators/roms/ just in case

That was it. Thanks. I still had path to /storage/emulators/roms/nes. But, now I have another problem. Its now launched and recognizes my rom game. When I click to launch it, the screen turns black for a few seconds and then returns to the rom screen.

• That was it. Thanks. I still had path to /storage/emulators/roms/nes. But, now I have another problem. Its now launched and recognizes my rom game. When I click to launch it, the screen turns black for a few seconds and then returns to the rom screen.

do you have retroarch setup and working?

• do you have retroarch setup and working?

With retroarch, it seems to be having some issues with my xbox one wireless controller. In the menu screen it finds my wireless xbox controller and recognizes it in port #0 and I can use it. However, when I start a rom game it loses all functionality and all I get a little small mouse cursor on the screen. So, it does seem retroarch is working, but I haven't been able to actually play a game on it yet because I can't solve this. When I first tried to use the xbox one wireless controller, I couldn't even get it stay connected, so I am using an autostart.sh script.

• Before you get ES working you need to get RA working properly as ES uses RA to launch roms.I can't help you much with the controler issue as I only have a couple of wired snes controllers.

• Before you get ES working you need to get RA working properly as ES uses RA to launch roms.I can't help you much with the controler issue as I only have a couple of wired snes controllers.

I also do not get any sound with retroarch after the rom launches. I've tried using different emulators and different sound drivers from within retroarch with no luck. I also have updated everything with online updater from within retroarch.

• I also do not get any sound with retroarch after the rom launches. I've tried using different emulators and different sound drivers from within retroarch with no luck. I also have updated everything with online updater

Are you using Rpi?

Usually if you set audio device to hw:0,1 in retroarch audio settings it should work trough Hdmi.

• Are you using Rpi?

Usually if you set audio device to hw:0,1 in retroarch audio settings it should work trough Hdmi.

I'm using an intel nuc pc running librelec. I get sound if I just load a rom in kodi and play it, but not retroarch. I will try play around with the audio settings in retroarch. I am using a yamaha receiver though. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

• I'm using an intel nuc pc running librelec. I get sound if I just load a rom in kodi and play it, but not retroarch. I will try play around with the audio settings in retroarch.

I went back through and made sure I updated everything with online updater. Now, I am able to get the games to launch through emulation station as well as retroarch. But, the video is playing back in almost slow motion and is not smooth. I still do not have sound and have been unable to figure that out as well. I even bypassed the receiver and hooked the hdmi up directly to the tv and still no sound, so the problem still lies within retroarch. Btw, as far as the wireless xbox controller. I was finally able to get that to work by turning off the controller and restarting it after the game launches. It will be annoying to have to do that everytime, but I will take that versus a wired controller.

• Update: The lag was being caused by my 4k tv issue. I enabled a setting in retroarch FGso and it worked for the lag. But, I still am unable to get any sound.

• Check my post on this thread #741 to fix audio issue.

Thanks for this, got the sound working. A few other things now. I want to pull my roms from my synology nas for emulation station. Is there a way to do this? My guess is that I would have to do something like mount each network folder somehow. Also, I'm not getting any scraper information from emulation station.

• Thanks for this, got the sound working. A few other things now. I want to pull my roms from my synology nas for emulation station. Is there a way to do this? My guess is that I would have to do something like mount each network folder somehow. Also, I'm not getting any scraper information from emulation station

I have all my roms and artwork on a connected hdd so not sure about that but my first guess is that you should mount the folder on your nas which has your roms to storage/emulators/roms

Regarding scraping I don't use the built in scraper.I use sselph scraper with fastscraper and then mass edit with notepad++ where needed.

All you have to do is create an account at screenscraper.fr

Then get the script from here and insert your account user and psword and edit the script to get your artwork...I got mine set to download 3d boxart and screenshots but you can set it up how you like..

Lesson learned make sure you always keep backups of your setup as you save loads of time and work...

• I have all my roms and artwork on a connected hdd so not sure about that but my first guess is that you should mount the folder on your nas which has your roms to storage/emulators/roms

Regarding scraping I don't use the built in scraper.I use sselph scraper with fastscraper and then mass edit with notepad++ where needed.

Then get the script from here and insert your account user and psword and edit the script to get your artwork...I got mine set to download 3d boxart and screenshots but you can set it up how you like..

Lesson learned make sure you always keep backups of your setup as you save loads of time and work...

So, I created the file structure on the synology with the roms. Emulators/roms. I still haven't been able to get emulation station to load the roms from the NFS on emulation station. It gives me the no systems found file error. I made sure to create the file structure like you mentioned before with the gamelist.

Edited once, last by Saltman: add content (July 18, 2019 at 4:02 AM).

• With my rpi I use system.d to mount network folders..I assume it s the same with nuc

see here

So you mount ip_of_your_nas/emulators to storage/emulators and you should see the content of your nas emulators folder in storage/emulators on Libreelec..then you browse to storage/emulators/roms from ES addon settings...you can just mount the roms folder only but I think its better to mount main emulators folder so you can leave everything on your nas.bioses and assets...artwork etc

Edited once, last by Mario77 (July 18, 2019 at 4:12 PM).

• With my rpi I use system.d to mount network folders..I assume it s the same with nuc

see here

So you mount ip_of_your_nas/emulators to storage/emulators and you should see the content of your nas emulators folder in storage/emulators on Libreelec..then you browse to storage/emulators/roms from ES addon settings...you can just mount the roms folder only but I think its better to mount main emulators folder so you can leave everything on your nas.bioses and assets...artwork etc

Thanks, this worked perfectly.

• Tonight tried to update LE to 9.1.001 but had few issues with RO latest version not starting and older version no audio out.

Command aplay -L is not working

Code
    aplay: device_list:272: no soundcards found..

error in log is

Code
    error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0

Adding this to config.txt fixes the audio issue and brings back ALSA options in LE audio output options

Code
    dtparam=audio=on

But with this line RA even old version doesn't start,gives same error as latest one..

Code
    error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0

I m not sure if removing ALSA from listed audio devices was intended or it's a bug hence the errors from RA

Now I m back to LE 9.0.2 and everything is working as expected..

Hopefully this will help bite_your_idols

Hardware RPi 2

• When I try

I have all my roms and artwork on a connected hdd so not sure about that but my first guess is that you should mount the folder on your nas which has your roms to storage/emulators/roms

When I try to run the batchfile I get this error.