How to access .kodi folder

• Hello,

I can't access to .kodi folder on my Libreelec installation.

I try to access to this folder from another computer (win7), through network access.

I can access to Libreelec installation and some folders, but I can't see .kodi folder.

When using putty and ls command, i see this folder in the list, but i can't see it from win7 computer.

How could i access this folder from my win7 computer ?

• You access that thru Web File Browser-addon.

chewitt
    January 18, 2024 at 11:46 AM
  • The /storage/.kodi/userdata folder where most thing you might need to access is shared as //LIBREELEC/Userdata, but the Kodi root folder in /storage/.kodi is not shared by default. If you want to change that for some reason, you need to access //LIBREELEC/Config and edit the samba.conf.sample file to add a new share (crib the format from existing entries) then rename the file to samba.conf and reboot. On restart the new config will be used instead of the default one and the extra share you added will be accessible on the network. Or use an SFTP client like Filezilla/CuteFTP which can see all files and directories on /storage easily instead of SMB.

NB: Enabling hidden files/folders in Kodi settings does not help with remote access to the local Samba shares.

• The /storage/.kodi/userdata folder where most thing you might need to access is shared as //LIBREELEC/Userdata, but the Kodi root folder in /storage/.kodi is not shared by default. If you want to change that for some reason, you need to access //LIBREELEC/Config and edit the samba.conf.sample file to add a new share (crib the format from existing entries) then rename the file to samba.conf and reboot. On restart the new config will be used instead of the default one and the extra share you added will be accessible on the network. Or use an SFTP client like Filezilla/CuteFTP which can see all files and directories on /storage easily instead of SMB.

NB: Enabling hidden files/folders in Kodi settings does not help with remote access to the local Samba shares.

Many thanks for the answer and all the tips.

It works fine.