Is it possible to add media through the web interface? (from another network)

• Hi everybody,

First of all, sorry if I don't express myself properly, english is not my native language, second of all, i'm not proficient at all with linux, ip configuration, and things like that...

I just got a raspberry for Christmas, I have a Raspberry pi5, i installed LibreElec 11.0.5 on it yesterday, i managed to add video sources in Settings/Media/Library/ Manage sources/Videos... after plugging in my external hard drive with my movies.

I have configured and enabled in Settings/Services/Control/ the remote control via http, filled in information for username etc, as well as "allow remote control from application on this system and on other systems"

I am able trough the web interface on my local network and from another location to see the content and launch the media located on my plugged external hard drive.

What i would like to do (yes i searched before asking, unfortunately without finding the answer... :/ ) is to be able to manage the files on this hard drive remotely, IE: mainly add media to this hard drive remotely, as i am not living where the raspberry will be plugged in.

Is it possible through the web interface to do that? if so, can you point me somewhere where i could learn to do that, because i looked at the wiki and online and have not be able to find an answer. If not through the web interface, is there another way to manage remotely these files on this external hard drive? How?

thanks for your consideration and for reading, i hope i am clear enough to explain the issue that I have... Help would be greatly appreciated :)

• Is it possible through the web interface to do that?

Not possible from the Kodi Web GUI. However, the LE12 add-on repo (I'm not sure about the LE11 repo) contains the "Web File Browser" add-on which provides a web browser GUI interface to the HPTC device where you can upload/manage files. However, this interface is intended for use over a LAN not the internet. If you expose it to the internet, expect security problems :)

• To get around the problem, i finally managed to find a solution after a week of trying to understand how to do; I am using openVPN in Bridge mode to access my LAN remotely and from there i can add/delete files from the HDD connected to my Rapsberry.